Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 11:36   #121
Senior - BHPian

Glad that the car has come home dippy. Well i did observe some points told by the fellow members. Are you going to do something about it?
Old 20th October 2008, 12:42   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Dippy,

Don't forget to send a flunkey around to the nearby police stations to check for any FIRs involving your car. You never know what actually happend and whether it was an Accord or a mini-truck!

I also assume that your AT transmission is working perfectly? Ensure THAT, before Linkway says that you should have thoroughly road-tested and complained earlier.

Good to see it your baby :-) back though.
Old 20th October 2008, 12:44   #123
Senior - BHPian

Dippy, this is good news but do get those gaps attended to if possible.
Old 20th October 2008, 13:33   #124
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on getting the car back Dippy. I'm sure all the problems have been sorted out and the ones regd the panel gaps etc would not take long to fix.

But did you check the parts that they have replaced? The list of parts would definitely match the invoice, but whether they are original or Kurla stuff needs to be checked urgently. Remember the Nummer Eins case where they replaced the damaged parts with fake parts.

Also, is your rear bumper out by any chance?
Old 20th October 2008, 14:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the support guys. Regarding your observations of the panel gaps, I think its the photography because havent noticed anything in person on the car.

@esteem lover: No paint difference. The bonnet matches the rest of the car perfectly.

@V16 and others: The headlight is fine. It is just the photo angle. They have also put new rubbers on the underneath of the bonnet.

@itwasntme: The AT is the first thing I checked. I am very particular about the tranny. It works perfectly. Infact my main concern was that

@V12: I have checked the parts. Everything is spanking new under the hood including the new O2 sensor. The rear bumper isnt Linkway's doing. Kartik touched it while reversing once so thats ok. Just have to get it done.

At the end I am quite impressed with their paint job.
Old 22nd November 2009, 01:04   #126
BHPian

One year on, reading this post, I am speechless. First off, mate, my commiserations. A Honda is a very expensive car and we at Team BHP are known for treating the cars as a family member, so I can feel your pain. This is an absolutely unfortunate thing to have happened.

Looking at the pics, it is obvious that Linkway, naturally, has tried to downplay the accident. The driver had no business speeding in a manner such that he ruined your car as per the pics. It is also painfully obvious that the driver must have really punched the pedal through the floorboad to achieve that sort of impact and leave those sort of scars on the car. Obviously, this has not happned the way Linkway is making it out to be. It probably happned on the roads around Linkway, the Andheri Malad Road, for instance.

Owning the blame, giving you a rental to use in the interim, and repairing the damages at their expense is the bare minimum they can do for you. Its a fair bet that they will find a way to collect whatever they spent from their insurance company so as not to be out of pocket.

I can only hope that they offered you financial recompense in addition to the above. And above all, hope that they repaired the car to your satisfaction. Pls post an update if you can.

One needs to examine one's legal options, and I am sure you would have pursued that as well. Any luck there? Again, an update on this would be highly appreciated.

Best wishes

Django
Old 17th February 2010, 18:52   #127
Senior - BHPian

History is doomed to repeat itself, especially with such incompetent people
Car damaged by Service centre. - Auto Zone | TechEnclave
happened to a moderator of another forum I'm a regular at. Thankfully due to this thread, he was prepared

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th February 2010 at 18:56.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:13   #128
Team-BHP Support

They have to be amazingly stupid to repeat such mistakes. And looking at the closing date of this issue with Dippy, some time in Oct 2008, it is hardly a couple of months over 1 year and here we see a repeat. And I think that chances are there are other similar cases that went unreported. How can they be so incompetent to do these things so frequently? And then they have the cheek to even force the customer to claim his own insurance. Amazing indeed! More than that someone needs to tell them that the Insurance company can not only blacklist them for this suggestion but also sue them for forgery. AFAIK, insurance will not pay unless the owner mentions that he or his wife or the driver (if that rider is taken) was driving the car. So that is what Linkway was suggesting here I presume.

Nonetheless, Honda badly needs a reality check for putting it up with such incompetent and crooked dealers.
Old 19th February 2010, 12:02   #129

Hey guys.
That is my Honda City 1.5S MT that these guys over at Linkway honda crashed this time around ( the one greenhorn posted in the link above : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1737981-post127.html)

They were very unwilling to repair it at their own cost. Had to waster almost entire morning with them until they finally agreed to do it and gave me the written confirmation of the same.
They still didnt gave a spare car. I just hope they dont screw up this repair job.
Attaching few pics here.
They narrowly missed the chassis beams. Does not appear to have any structural damage.
Hopefully now they fix everything soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2587.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2588.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2589.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2590.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2591.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2592.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2593.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2594.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2595.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2596.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2597.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2598.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2599.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2600.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2601.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2605.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2608.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2609.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-img_2611.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 19th February 2010, 14:47   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shripad View Post
Hey guys.
That is my Honda City 1.5S MT that these guys over at Linkway honda crashed this time around ( the one greenhorn posted in the link above : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1737981-post127.html)

They were very unwilling to repair it at their own cost. Had to waster almost entire morning with them until they finally agreed to do it and gave me the written confirmation of the same.
They still didnt gave a spare car. I just hope they dont screw up this repair job.
Attaching few pics here.
They narrowly missed the chassis beams. Does not appear to have any structural damage.
Hopefully now they fix everything soon.
I seriously dont understand how they can be unwilling to repair it at their cost.

Will be interesting to know what their argument was for the same.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:52   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
I seriously dont understand how they can be unwilling to repair it at their cost.

Will be interesting to know what their argument was for the same.
It seems they hit it somewhere while reversing the car. Anyhow, these guys at the service stations drive like maniacs
Old 19th February 2010, 14:56   #132
BHPian

Wow. That is a huge impact. The driver must have been backing up with some decent speed.

Scary to leave cars at even at Authorized Dealer Workshops.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:56   #133
BHPian

@Shripad: That's really sad!! I really hope they do the repairs the way it is supposed to and not try and cut costs as it's their mistake.

Believe it or not, they'd crashed a civic on the day I went with my VTEC for servicing. Good thing that I stayed there to keep a watch the whole day! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the same but that was equally bad. Would you mind posting what was the reasoning they came up with, not to repair your car?!
Old 19th February 2010, 15:17   #134
BHPian

After reading this thread I have decided that for taking my car to the A.S.S I would take a day off and be with the car till they hand it back to me.

@sripad, I am sure this damage didnot occur at slow speeds. Surely the guy was reversing your car at speeds greater than 30KM and he did a panick breaking to avoid further damage. The good part is that the frame is not damaged. I feel sorry to see a beautiful car banged up.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:36   #135

Nothing. They were just saying its standard company policy to claim customer's insurance. That sentence really annoyed me.

Then the guy started quoting their Terms and Conditions, this was stupid argument as their Terms clearly say that they are not responsible for any damage caused by accident, fire ,flood or conditions beyond reasonable control of Linkway Honda. (Terms and condition scan attached below as well )
And this clearly was because of negligence and carelessness on their part. And moving the car in garage carefully is their job and definitely not something beyond their control as they themselves said that this happened in workshop and not on road.

When I said no, the customer care guy had audacity to say that its not fair on our part to not claim our insurance and force them to do all repairs at their own cost.
he even said that this is not fair as they were "honest" and didnt keep me in the dark. Like I could have not noticed when they didnt return the car at the end of the day

It took extra firm stand on my part and refusal to budge and 4 hours to get this letter of confirmation from them. (attached below).

How I just hope they repair it properly and within promised 5-7day time frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-0012.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-0013.jpg  

Last edited by Shripad : 19th February 2010 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks