Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 01:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

:(
Looks cosmetic and nothing structurally damaged,Dippy.
She just needs a lot of spares and she should be alright.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ohh man thats sad dippy.sorry to hear your also a victim,The Linkway Honda goregoan ive stopped giving my accord for service,lthe last time my dad gave them,they broke the rear windshield and damaged the boot by dropping something over it,my dad gave them the piece of mind left right and center,i give my city,civic and accord at icchibaan in kalina,atleast they take care of these kind of stupid stuff.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 7th October 2008 at 01:13.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Even then OUCH! That's some hit & honestly it couldn't have happened just by hitting the throttle accidentally (The bonnet cannot be bent that badly) and I'm estimating, it happened at a pretty decent speed. I don't think it's as simple as Linkway is making it out to be.
That was what i was thinking.The damages the accord has got as mentioned by you,it should be named the tank now not the Fiat palio
Old 7th October 2008, 01:20   #19
BHPian

Looks like more than a mistaken foot on the gas pedal..
anyways they will compensate to the fullest..pay them surprise visits during the repair process just to check whether they are putting in new parts or not..
i know how it feels when your beloved gets a scar...but dont worry she will be back soon..
Old 7th October 2008, 01:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow, sucks to see it in such a state; Taking great care of something, only to have it destroyed by the people who're supposed to fix it must be heartbreaking. Can't you ask for compensation, seeing how they crashed your car and caused its value to go down?
Old 7th October 2008, 01:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

You know Dippy, the more I look at it, the clearer it becomes that that did not happen by hitting the accelarator accidentally. Do the paint marks on the Accord/City match up to the impact?? Because to me it looks like it happened in a different manner or could even be outside the workshop. Why you may ask? Two reasons:

1. The impact & resultant damage is too pronounced to be a simple accidental throttle hit. It looks like it has happened at a speed of at least 60-80 kmph looking at the massively bent bonnet (which is not repairable btw) and the broken bumper/headlight. Also, I once tried to purposely break a head light of my car (Don't ask me why!!) and they are damn tough! It's very, very hard to break one even with the help of a hammer & a chisel, so I would be instantly wary of Linkway's claims.

2. I've almost never heard of a rear quarter panel being damaged on the car in front in case of it being hit from behind. Bumper, Tail lights, rear suspension gone yes, but rear quarter panel? No. If you think about it logically, it's incredibly tough to damage the quarter panel of the car in front if you hit it from behind unless you're hitting it side on. Can you post some pictures of the damage to the Accord as well??

I have a feeling your car was damaged elsewhere & the story is being concocted to hide the truth. That could also be why Linkway is so easily ready to repair the car at their cost & give you an A/T replacement car too.

Is it possible you can get details of who owns the Accord & ask the owner how his car was damaged? That could tell us the true story about the whole incident.

And like I said earlier, accept no repairs, only replacements.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:55   #22
BHPian

Just today i received a call from linkway honda about my service due for my accord .It give me shiver down the spine but this ought to be a one freak accident what s is least they are doing is taking responsibilty and getting it fixed !! Hey how did they deal the whole situation ? How did they get ready to compensate did you have to put in any effort to get it to that ? Do post pictures about the repair job and do you have 3rd party or comprehensive insurance if 3rd party dont let them get away with that excuse
Regards
SaaJan
Old 7th October 2008, 02:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

FREAK!!! Dips all said and done they will repair it and stuff but
WHAT ABOUT THE PAINT JOB...??? Whole car will be done by them..??? or only the front portion..??? If only the front then the colour gold is really hard to match.

Ohh by the way @ shoppers stop juhu i witnessed a car falling of the car lift at a height of almost 6ft. The front end of the platform gave way and the car slid down with a big bang. They covered up the incident like nothing ever happened.
ALL this in the hands of those valet guys.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
FREAK!!! Dips all said and done they will repair it and stuff but
WHAT ABOUT THE PAINT JOB...??? Whole car will be done by them..??? or only the front portion..??? If only the front then the colour gold is really hard to match.

Ohh by the way @ shoppers stop juhu i witnessed a car falling of the car lift at a height of almost 6ft. The front end of the platform gave way and the car slid down with a big bang. They covered up the incident like nothing ever happened.
ALL this in the hands of those valet guys.
i even went to shoppers stop today can u tell me what car was it that took the 6 foot plunge !! Wow those guy s in their stpid fluroscent green jackets generally look like they know their job well . Their parking grid is at the basement and it cannot be seen as it s hidden by a roundabout how did you witness it pal did you go after the loud bang ??
Regards
SAajAn
Old 7th October 2008, 02:24   #25
BHPian

Damn dude, i feel your pain :(
It probably was a much more intense crash than made out to be. Notice the rivets/wrinkles on the side? The crumple zones are designed to channel the energy of impact away from the passenger cabin.
PS: Can we see more pics?
Old 7th October 2008, 02:28   #26
BHPian

Oh God, this is really sad. It's nice that they have agreed to give you a spare car and repair the car, but please make sure that they replace every part that is damaged. Don't worry, it will be back to it's original condition soon.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:41   #27
BHPian

Dippy, first file an FIR for negligent handling.

Secondly make sure your insurance (this is going to be hammered anyways) is not impacted. Check with your insurance co's lawyers. Go meet them specifically.

Hope this helps. PM me,

M M
Old 7th October 2008, 03:20   #28
BANNED

Sad! Really sad.
Dippy! Don't worry man. Your ride will be okay and great soon. We'll pray for all good.
It's very very bad that it happened to your car out of all cars in there.

Meanwhile, take care of all the procedures you have to go thru legally.
Old 7th October 2008, 07:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is SICK.
if someone does that to my car then god help that person.
Old 7th October 2008, 08:13   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible.

It has to be said though that accidents do happen.

It also has to be said that if it is the direct result of negligence, then it is not an accident.

Someone was writing in another thread about bored mechanics and their spurts of speed in workshops?

Most Viewed