Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 10:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Really sad. Actually my OHC was worse off with a hit at 30ish kmph - so it depends on a lot of factors apart from speed. The service stations also make you sign a note saying you're leaving the car there at your own risk, so its actually nice that these guys are being proactive. Having said that, its really painful to suffer thus for no fault of yours. But like someone said, given our roads, this could have happened on the roads, again possibly for no fault of yours. Take heart, man.

Last edited by zenx : 7th October 2008 at 10:14.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

That's bad. I have decided not to give my car to Sundaram again. I always had a weary feeling giving away my t-ohc for service. I will take another trusted workshop.
I won't take the accord story. Its a cooked up story. OHC is not that flimsy. Also Accord is not an SUV kind of thing to crumble up the bonnet. Thi is certainly a machinery or a wall hit. the driver might have miscalculated a turn and hit something. it's not a straight head on with an object. I have seen service fellows taking reverse at crazy speeds. It looks like the car had hit some protrusion at the height of the bonnet.
Hope that you get things sorted out soon.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Oh man thats gotta hurt! Although the workshop has agreed to repair the damage, do make sure that they repair/replace every affected part.

Also, it seems unlikely how the rear of a sedan can cause such a deep gash near the left headlight.
Old 7th October 2008, 10:59   #49
Team-BHP Support

Oh man thats really bad :( get them to do a thorough job and ensure you do a proper delivery inspection before you accept the car or sign on anything.
Old 7th October 2008, 11:36   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like not many of us are convinced that your car hit an Accord. The damages do not match. Did it hit a truck from behind ? (the bar that the trucks have these days).

* what's the odo reading - has the car been taken out on the roads & the accident happened there ?

* Is there damage on the front-right corner area ?

* Is there paint marks from the other object the car would have hit ?
Old 7th October 2008, 11:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

Holy Cow!!! I know what you are going thru...this is real bad man
But that for sure is not a crash into an Accord, also it dosent look like a wall crash. To me it looks like a crash into an tempo/suv or something while in an overtaking manoeuvre.

As suggested by someone you should try and speak to the accord guy and get the true story out without the linkway guys coming to know of it.

Also get them to do the entire work(all possible replacements) done and only then take any panga(fight) with them. The problem is that you are at their mercy and cant threaten them or else they might not do a good job.

I guess the maximum you can expect from them is a few goodies(Oils etc) (i am sure you will not like going to them even for a free service)

And for sure no insurance claims...

I wonder who that AT belongs to?
Old 7th October 2008, 12:02   #52
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Ask them how they intend to compensate you for the loss in value considering the car, even if repaired, will be an accident repaired car. I'd say the loss on that score alone is about 50k. Possibly wangle out a 50k discount on the new to be released Honda City?

Last edited by DKG : 7th October 2008 at 12:05.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Definetly a hit to a 'goods carrier' of any sort - Tempo to a truck(with a rear crash bar)

1) The point of impact (Thick LINES) indicated below is clearly only around the 3 feet mark from ground level and starts from the Tip of the bonnet and extends till mid way. Clearly a Overtaking/Underbraking accident and ramming the left side of the car head on into the rear of a crude metal (non-plastic ended) vehicle.

2) No scratch marks below the point of impact further adds fuel to above theory!!

These guys have sure banged the car on the Road at some decent speeds!!

Make them pay for loss of resale value - and make sure they DONT touch your insurance. They cant unless you sign on some forms, give the ORIGINAL RC/Insurance policy and authorize them to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-ohc.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-ohc1.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 12:59   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Definetly a hit to a 'goods carrier' of any sort - Tempo to a truck(with a rear crash bar)

1) The point of impact (Thick LINES) indicated below is clearly only around the 3 feet mark from ground level and starts from the Tip of the bonnet and extends till mid way. Clearly a Overtaking/Underbraking accident and ramming the left side of the car head on into the rear of a crude metal (non-plastic ended) vehicle.

2) No scratch marks below the point of impact further adds fuel to above theory!!

These guys have sure banged the car on the Road at some decent speeds!!

Make them pay for loss of resale value - and make sure they DONT touch your insurance. They cant unless you sign on some forms, give the ORIGINAL RC/Insurance policy and authorize them to do so.
, dont make them use your insurance, get them to pay for a potential resale loss (50k~1 lac), try to get an estimate from another dealer (to survey the extent of damage and ask the current dealership to act per the estimate), ask the dealership to give you a 2 year comprehensive warranty on the repair job/spares they are carrying out (to ensure they dont do a mere cosmetic work).

Legal approach would take its due course, and may not be worth waiting... I would expect other t-bhpi'ans who visit Linkway to enquire about this incident (apply influence) and voice supportive of this poor soul.
Old 7th October 2008, 12:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nice analysis there santhosh,
If we look in the first pic, the bonnet has been dragged as if it went under some truck, not banged into a car. Though the above statement is a speculation, its for sure that such a damage would not happen had it hit another car either from the front or rear.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 7th October 2008 at 13:01.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:14   #56
BANNED

Quote:
The guy had rammed into a new Accord parked in front of my car.
Did you see this car? Does the damage match? Was the car unregistered?
Old 7th October 2008, 13:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
My guess is a wall maybe? A wall impact can cause that sort of damage. I will try to get pictures of the Accord as well when I visit them. Plus I will be asking to handover all the damaged parts to me as well.
Nope, wall impact will not damage the bonnet like that.

Quote:

I agree with Santhosh, it seems like he rear ended a truck or a UV.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:39   #58
BHPian

Its very sad dippy. As a senior member rightly said, the damage does not seem to be because of a small hit. Ask for replacements for all the damaged parts
Old 7th October 2008, 13:44   #59
BHPian

Dippy! Man I know how this must be feeling for you! After all the Love and Care bestowed on your beloved one. Make sure YOU GIVE THOSE GUYS A GOOD SHOUT OUT. And it certainly looks like a rear crash with another tall vehicle. Investigate is all I can say.
Old 7th October 2008, 14:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Also, do check with police stations in the vicinity whether an accident was observed/reported during that rather small time frame of about 4 hours on the day you gave your car in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks