Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 00:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!

I gave my car for its 55k service this morning at 9 AM to Linkway Honda, Goregaon Mumbai not knowing the nightmare I had in store for me. I got a call later from them at 12.30 noon. I thought the call was to tell me my car was ready for pickup but it was far from it. I was told on the phone that my car had been damaged in service. I asked him what the damage was like thinking it would be a small dent etc. I get a reply that when the car was being taken for washing from the service bay, the driver hit the accelarator instead of the brake. I got a feeling of what had happened and rushed to the service station. There in front of my eyes was my beloved car which I so lovingly take care of all smashed up front. The guy had rammed into a new Accord parked in front of my car. My car is completely ruined. I really dont know what to say . Linkway has taken it upon themselves to get the car done for me and I also asked to give me a spare AT car for my use till my car gets repaired. They have agreed to this and they will be giving me a car tomorrow. My car is now at their Andheri workshop. Thats all I can say for now. The pictures below will speak for themselves. More updates as work progresses. I'm speechless.
Attached Thumbnails
Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-061020081072.jpg  

Linkway Honda Mumbai crashes my car EDIT: Another similar incident pg9!-061020081073.jpg  

Old 7th October 2008, 00:45   #2
BHPian

Ouch, thats really bad. You should make them pay further than just the repair - stuff like this just shouldnt happen - not at a service center. Isnt there any legal recourse you can take?
Old 7th October 2008, 00:45   #3
Team-BHP Support

This is sickening. I very well know what sort of inconvenience this is going to cause you. The mental scar caused is separate.
Did you get a list of the damaged parts? You'll have to see to it that everything is working without fault when you get the car back.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:46   #4
BHPian

Man this is bad,Dippy in what condition is the accord.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:46   #5
Team-BHP Support

ouch!

Dippy, that's terrible man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Linkway has taken it upon themselves to get the car done for me and I also asked to give me a spare AT car for my use till my car gets repaired.
Atleast they're trying to redeem themselves and not washed their hands off this responsibility. That's a plus.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Man this is bad,Dippy in what condition is the accord.
Nothing compared what my car has got. Its a new Accord 1 month old. All thats damaged is the bumper and a dent on his rear left fender. That car was drivable. It was driven away to Andheri. Mine was towed away.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Really sad bro
i can feel your pain

btw i would like to ask what is the tray like thing under the car is the engine damaged in any way????
Old 7th October 2008, 00:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

too bad Dippy....Glad no one was hurt. I have been through this situation not once but twice in a brand new car. so I know what you are going through..
Hope Linkway do a good job and your car is restored properly.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:50   #9
Team-BHP Support

Damn Dippy!! Thats really unfortunate.

Must hurt to see your car like that, however -- look on the "bright side", it could have been another drivers fault on the road, or your own, but due to this twist of fate its the dealership themselves - which makes the repairing part a lot less painful on your wallet.

Do take a close look at the car, along with lots of pictures (under the hood as well) before they start the work though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
...Linkway has taken it upon themselves to get the car done for me and I also asked to give me a spare AT car for my use till my car gets repaired. They have agreed to this and they will be giving me a car tomorrow...
Thats good to hear.

cya
R
Old 7th October 2008, 00:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Really sad bro
i can feel your pain

btw i would like to ask what is the tray like thing under the car is the engine damaged in any way????
No but the radiator is busted along with the condenser, fan and I have feeling the AC compressor might have taken a hit as well, not to mention the bonnet, headlights, bumper, grille.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:54   #11
BHPian

That's really unfortunate Dipps.. Atleast hope that they do a good job repairing it..

This sucks..
Old 7th October 2008, 00:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
No but the radiator is busted along with the condenser, fan and I have feeling the AC compressor might have taken a hit as well, not to mention the bonnet, headlights, bumper, grille.
woo thats alot of damage
makes me think how fast he was going inside the service station
Old 7th October 2008, 00:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Bonnet, Bumper, Headlight, Grille, Raidiator, Condensor, Fan. Compressor would be fine, it's hidden away on the right hand side. Do have a look at the A/C plumbing behind the headlight though, it might be cracked.

Even then OUCH! That's some hit & honestly it couldn't have happened just by hitting the throttle accidentally (The bonnet cannot be bent that badly) and I'm estimating, it happened at a pretty decent speed. I don't think it's as simple as Linkway is making it out to be.

But they are redeeming themselves so do take the courtesy car, remember not to leave any papers with them & take under the bonnet pictures first thing tomorrow.
Old 7th October 2008, 00:59   #14
BHPian

Does the damage on your car match with the one on Accord ? not in intensity but on the impact zones and point of contact and stuff.

If its just from service bay to the washing section, he couldn't have been doing high speeds, But your car seems to have taken a proper beating.

Id try and make sure that once the parts that need changing are listed in the initial report. You keep this safe and recheck that they haven't put secondhand ones from scrapped/other cars.New parts is the least you deserve for a mistake on their side.

Good luck and i loved the color of your car.Hope it shines soon on man and machine.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 7th October 2008 at 01:04.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Even then OUCH! That's some hit & honestly it couldn't have happened just by hitting the throttle accidentally (The bonnet cannot be bent that badly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post

If its just from service bay to the washing section, he couldn't have been doing high speeds, But your car seems to have taken a proper beating.
i would like say the same as i had a very similar accident last year in my innova and i was at 60km/h min.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...my-innova.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks