Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Helping hand from fiat dealership

Dear Bhpians,

As a fiat owner i had certain minor problems with my vehicle. It included a spotted glass . After consulting with lot of experts i had given up hope of rectifying it. And vision became really an issue in night and especially on rainy days. It was deteriorating day by day. It is difficult to assume how a glass becomes worse day by day , i know. But it is true.

And moreover , the rear and side arch glasses were also affected. Rear glass had a different problem, it was misty when looked from inside. I showed this phemomenon to CR manager of kulathumkal motors(from where i bought my adventure) who washed of his hands. While in kochi on the 2nd service i called attention from RF motors guys. They told me that it is not rectifiable but you should try '3M' glass cleaning solution. Gave it a try but in vain.

After an year it became horrible to drive with this set of glass. A friend in kulathumakal suggested to have a meeting with a guy from fiat warranty. He inspected my vehicle and completely agreed with my view . He took photos of the glass next day and forwarded to fiat. They approved it.

Now the bitter side of the story starts . After ordering for the glass 1 month passed. I made an inquiry then the reply came , after 2 weeks. Two months passed like this. Always the glass was on its way home. Fed up with this i contacted the MD of kulathumkal motors MR.Ajay pothen. He did ask the spare guys the real situation , they told that it is not their fault but fiat guys are not sending it. Then i contacted Rf motors to know that whether they have got the stock, they informed that they have with them windsreen and sidearch, but they will give it only for a sum , as warranty was not forwarded by them.

Then Mr. Pothen contacted Tata motors who are ought to arrange spares for fiat. Within two weeks my adventure was fitted with new glass. It was a new lease of life for my car, as it enabled to drive with peace of mind. I called Mr. Pothen and thanked him for his sincere intervention. If such care (timely) is given to every customer by fiat dealerships, the vows of customers will become a thing of the past.

Last edited by swathyd : 7th October 2008 at 19:17.
Old 7th October 2008, 19:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

I doubt even this would do Fiat India any better, as they anyways took more than 2 months to fix the issue. But atleast, there is some ray of hope.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:43   #3
BHPian

I waited for 2 years ,so this 1 or 2 months was not at all a problem. Thanks to the intervention of the MD. Mr.Pothen.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:28   #4
BHPian

Positive Ray of hope...

The delay in getting the spares are because the dealers do not stock them as they have to pay from their own pockets to stock it.

However in any case of awaiting or confirmation for the spares, get in touch with Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, Customer Service Manager, Pune. He will speed up the delivery...the dealer wont be of any help!

Cheers~
Old 16th October 2008, 17:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Swathy i was about to start a thread on the commitment from the Fiat side, last week i damaged my Adventures rear view mirror, this is the motorised one when i called green tracks they told pay 80%in advance we will order for the part, spoket to concorde they said it would take 10+days..

Fedup called the fiat helpline who put me on to the Manager - spares, this guy was prompt and assured me that he will arragne it the earliest. next day i get a call from concorde that they have the rmirror and i can get it fixed any time

I was very impressed, good going fiat!
Old 16th October 2008, 20:33   #6
Team-BHP Support

Do you have any pictures showing the old and new glass? Issue with the old one?
Old 16th October 2008, 23:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah me too would like to see the pictures of the old glass and the new one.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:12   #8
BHPian

jaggu and gemi, it is a strange problem. It is clearly visible only when a beam of light passes through it. Headlights of other vehicles makes it clear, otherwise there is only a slight hint . No photograph will reveal its true nature. Some techies called it spotted , but none of them have ever seen such a phenomenon.

As rudrah mentioned i contacted the concerned fiat dept. They told that they cant help as the car is not covered under warranty. There was no reply when i informed them that i had opted for extended warranty.

Because of the efforts from kulathumkal motors and especially Mr. Ajay pothen it was replaced. Thats the only reason i have opened such a thread. There was some sort of reluctancy from fiat management to sent the glass.

I am planning a detailed ownership report of my Adventure.

Last edited by swathyd : 20th October 2008 at 14:13.
Old 11th April 2012, 04:28   #9
BHPian

Re: Positive Ray of hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
The delay in getting the spares are because the dealers do not stock them as they have to pay from their own pockets to stock it.

However in any case of awaiting or confirmation for the spares, get in touch with Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar, Customer Service Manager, Pune. He will speed up the delivery...the dealer wont be of any help!

Cheers~
Hi, can you share the contact details of Mr Mangesh with me in a direct message? Thanks much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks