Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 11:03   #16
BANNED

There are 2 Manipals as I know - one in Kempapura (near the Hebbal flyover) and the other on Airport Road. I landed up at the Kempapura one in 2006 in the rain with a cracked windshield and jammed wipers - all they could do was to tell me to go to the Airport Road workshop.

The Airport Road folks moved quickly - of course they didn't change the cracked windshield (that takes 2 days) but fixed the jammed wipers (bent arms + blown fuse) free of charge. I did get priority service even before I told them I had to travel that night back to Madras.

Last edited by hrag : 9th October 2008 at 11:05.
Old 9th October 2008, 11:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
The Airport Road folks moved quickly
Thankfully, thats the place I went to. Suresh is the manager at this outlet, the entrance to which is through Indra Nagar for UVs (separate workshop) as opposed to the Airport Road entrance for the main workshop for cars.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Manipal at Kodihalli(Airport road) accepts Safari's and Concorde only at Hosur and Mysore road.

I was also impressed with Green Tracks(Hosur road) near the Silk board flyover in resolving a mechanical problem.
Old 9th October 2008, 16:38   #19
Team-BHP Support

For Pavan Indira Nagar would be far off, and any updates on the old key working again or not?
Old 9th October 2008, 19:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
greenhorn : does the safari come with an immobilizer of some sort ?
Immobilizer - yes. Once engaged, the engine will not even crank. You need to press the "open" button on your remote to dis-engage the immobilizer

But I dont think the Safari's immobilizer is tied to the keys.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

oops ,then immobilizer is not what i meant.
I was thinking about maruti's iCats, where only two keys will start the car - maybe something like that
Old 10th October 2008, 11:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Immobilizer - yes. Once engaged, the engine will not even crank. You need to press the "open" button on your remote to dis-engage the immobilizer

But I dont think the Safari's immobilizer is tied to the keys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
oops ,then immobilizer is not what i meant.
I was thinking about maruti's iCats, where only two keys will start the car - maybe something like that
The Safari EX/VX Immobilizer is not similar to the iCATS i.e key embedded RFid.

Safari's immobilizer activates after you press the "Lock" key on the remote provided or after a few minutes automatically , once you have switched off the engine and got out (door open). Doors do not get locked automatically in the latter condition.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:21   #23
rkg
Senior - BHPian

I took delivery of my Indica vista QJ aura on 8th oct.

I was told by concorde guys that Indica Vista and safari 2.2 come with similar keys ( manual central lock ). Only two keys now as against three keys of earlier Indica's

However he does not the significance of bulky plastic head of keys.

But the manual is clear. It is like Maruti's iCATS. Only that TATA is not advertising it like maruti.

It has a code which should match with ECU code.

Manual says keys should not be kept near strong electromagnetic fields.

Once the key is removed from ignition and door is locked a lock(immobiliser) sign is appearing on dash and it is blinking continuously till the key is inserted in ignition.

I do not know whether 3.0 L safari also has similar keys.
Old 11th October 2008, 16:48   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Looks like Pavan has driven off with the new key LOL, lot of us waiting curiously about the glitch.
Thanks guys,

I am off on a looonnnngggg weekend vacation, just managed to get hold of some network midway, Will update on Monday
Old 11th October 2008, 18:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Once the key is removed from ignition and door is locked a lock(immobiliser) sign is appearing on dash and it is blinking continuously till the key is inserted in ignition.

I do not know whether 3.0 L safari also has similar keys.
It does. I'm not sure its RFID enabled though because because the lock (immobiliser) sign appearing on the dash wont go off even if the key is inserted - you have to click on the remote to start the car again.
Old 12th October 2008, 14:01   #26
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It does. I'm not sure its RFID enabled though because because the lock (immobiliser) sign appearing on the dash wont go off even if the key is inserted - you have to click on the remote to start the car again.
the lock sign disappears once key is inserted in ignition. there is no remote button on the key atleast in Indica Vista. the manual says that it has a code which should match with that of ignition and EMU of vista.
Old 13th October 2008, 14:03   #27
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Just back after a long vacation.

No it was not the problem with the immobiliser, i am aware of that lock sign appearing on the dashboard.

Initially during my 10k service, i had mentioned the service guys regarding the starting trouble,and as per my mechanic's directive had mentioned the "ignition key problem" the said they checked the battery and everything is sorted out and there was no problem with the ignition or the starter.

My mechanic says, the ignition is having a trouble, with one key and in one direction the starter is not initiated, and as per him with the newer key, the starter is initiated but takes 3 successive cranks to start the car.

He doesnt want to touch the vehicle as its still under warranty, else it would have been a 1 day affair with him.

Let me check with my complaint to TATA's, if they dont answer my query. I'll get my mechanic remove and get the starter serviced .

But a 10 lac vehicle does'nt deserve such a kind of pathetic and irresponsible service back up.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 13th October 2008 at 14:06.
Old 13th October 2008, 14:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid : I'm not sure its RFID enabled though because because the lock (immobiliser) sign appearing on the dash wont go off even if the key is inserted - you have to click on the remote to start the car again.
Unlikely that these are RFID enabled. The Victa GX Turbo has the immobilizer, but no RFID-enabled keys. The head of the key is not bulky ( have had those on my Honda's).

I still need to press the 'un-lock' button on the remote to dis-arm the immobilizer.
Old 14th October 2008, 08:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Good feedback, thank you Pawan Kadam.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th October 2008, 09:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tata service in Moga

I drove to Moga, Punjab, in my Tata Spacio 5 days ago to look for 4x4 jeeps. 30k outside Moga my temp gage was moving up to and approaching "HOT", the red colored weld-your-pistons zone. I checked the coolant level and it was down. The radiator took 2.5 liters of my mineral water. I looked for leaks and did not see any. I drove into Moga and stopped at the Tata customer service center there. They said it was a radiator problem and pulled out the radiator for cleaning and inspection. While they had it out I reached in and fingered a heater hose. It immediately leaked all over my hand, I had found the leak. At about the same time they returned with my radiator and told me they had found the "leak". I said, "Please show it to me." The tech stepped forward with the radiator and he dropped it on the concrete floor. I said, "Well, it may have a leak NOW." They quickly forgot about the "leak" they had discovered and re-installed my radiator. They also cut away the leaking portion of the heater hose and re-attached it. They charged me for pulling the radiator, cleaning it and inspecting it and for the added coolant. Since I am not Indian and not Punjab, a long way from home, I paid the bill without argument, thinking also that I might need them in the near future if this fix did not work.

Tata, I am not happy with you. You have lost a future vehicle sale by acting thus. This is a poor, poor business on your part.

Most Viewed