Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 14:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

i dont see a reason why u paid the extra labor charges. insurance people are suppossed to bear it. if they do not agree they should have told u to go to another service centre.
this is just a dirt in the system. lodge a complain and go and speak to the top managers in the insurance company too. whats the use of paying high premiums if you are refused to pay the charges by laws?

as it is hondas are overcharged, on top of that minor dash and all gets dented and broken to huge extent. above this heavy spares cost (if u try to assemble the car with spares cost, the car will cost more than double) , and now the heavy labor cost.

1500 to assemble the seats? are they insane? are they using golded spanners or nuts and bolts?
Old 15th October 2008, 14:47   #17
BHPian

Oh man one more :(

One of my friends was asked to change the clutch assembly @ Rs:16000/- in 23000 kms total milage in his NHC, wherein I did not find any problem in the clutch or the milage except the clutch cable (inner and outer) needed a replacement which would not cost more than Rs 500/-

So be very very cautious when you give your cars to these guys for service.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Now I appreciate Maruti service. I recently had an issue with water leaking into the car and the folks removed the front bumber and most of the right front side of the car to analyse where the problem was and took more than 2 hours of labour. They also took special effort to get the part sourced from a different MASS. All this they did for the grand total price of Rs. 320. 170 for the part and 150 labour cost. 3 cheers to MASS. Hip Hip .........
Old 15th October 2008, 15:12   #19
BHPian

Too bad :-(

Rohan Motors (Delhi - Mathur Road Workshop) actually swapped one of My brand new Bridgestone tyres with a used JK tyre from another car.
I realised this 3 weeks after the service happenned on my WagonR when I to take replace a flat tyre.
I did not take this up with Rohan/Maruti as a lot of time had passed since the service.

Ever since, I am more vigilant when taking back my car from service and have stopped visiting Rohan.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Generally every labour activity has an estimated time as per the manual and they have a time rate – this is how most authorized dealers are supposed to charge for labour. But here there seems to be no logic at all in arriving at these labour rates – they just seem to be what comes to mind because even simple activities are charged exorbitantly. Damn Honda dealers, they are exploiting customers and Honda does not seem to be doing anything about it.
Old 15th October 2008, 15:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is seriously scary! This is the 4th time in recent months customers ( 2 Civic issues, one OHC crash, and this ) complained about Honda Service - and it cant be taken as an isolated incident no more. If after shelling out a premium i have to suffer such ridiculous service its pathetic!

Now i wonder why people say service from FIAT is bad. I been owning a FIAT for 6 years and never had to wait more than an hour to put my car in for service or pick it up!

I am rethinking on my ANHC plans in Nov 08! Mebbe i will pick up a Verna instead. Never heard many complaints about Hyundai here.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:04   #22
BHPian

Thank you for the responses.

Some answers to questions raised.
1. There was no job card as they wanted to open the trunk in front of the surveyor, who is supposed to come later. I just trusted them!

2. The car is owned by the company, I am the employee and user.
Now I have left the company :-) So this makes it little complicated to go to court.
4. I dont think they can file a defamation suit as I have published only data; no opinion. I have all the papers and video to back it up. They dont have a job card with my sign on it. If at all they file a defamation suite, I will issue a public lawyer notice on news paper(in response to the defamation suite), which gives enough negative publicity to Honda/Dakshin. I can keep issuing public notices in different papers in different parts of the country until honda approaches me with a settlement offer. I guess that is completely legal.

5. My time is worth much more than the 30k I have spent from my pocket. (That is why it took a while to post it on BHP). I am not going to sue them unless some lawyer approaches me for that. It will take centuries for us to reach that level of judiciary system. Whoever I have seen in this industry are unprofessional. No lawyer ever has returned my call. period. - My opinion.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well well well looking at the experiences people are having with "Elite" brands like Honda and looking at their charges makes me wonder why its just Ford thats targetted. But that is OT.

Shocking to say the least.
Old 15th October 2008, 16:41   #24
BHPian

Well Well, Certainly Honda has almost lost one customer. I am looking to buy a Car (Accord maybe) soon, and after reading through this and some other Honda Dealer issues on this Forum, I am quite skeptical now. Surely Dakshin Honda is out of question now. Honda filing a defamation suit on one of his customer, when customer complained about some patches found on brand new Civic??? Looks like Feudalism is back.
I went for a TD there and i can say that they do have a High Handed Attitude.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:09   #25
vij
BHPian

This is scay. We were considering Accord from Dakshin Honda. Now surely, Whitefield motors will get the call.
Old 15th October 2008, 17:41   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Why dont you try MAgnum Honda? I have no experience with them, but I assume it will be good as they had a decent enough reputation as Cauvery Ford.
Old 15th October 2008, 19:02   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I wonder why people keep repeating like parrots about 'Honda's excellent / superb After sales service' after so many posts about their dealers horrible behavior on this forum.
The majority don't. We have more than a fair share of threads on Hondas attrocious service levels at some dealers. In fact, this is the summary from the hundreds of ownership reviews that we received, and is displayed on each Honda review.

Quote:
Surprisingly, Honda does not rank highly on the after-sales service aspect in India. Except for some bright sparks, our ownership reviews indicate that most Honda dealerships are arrogant and not customer centric. We suggest searching through the Team-BHP forums for a dealership review from your city.
Main competitor Toyota fared far better (on average).
Old 15th October 2008, 19:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
Oh man one more :(

One of my friends was asked to change the clutch assembly @ Rs:16000/- in 23000 kms total milage in his NHC, wherein I did not find any problem in the clutch or the milage except the clutch cable (inner and outer) needed a replacement which would not cost more than Rs 500/-

So be very very cautious when you give your cars to these guys for service.
16k for a clutch change? baleno clutch doesnt cost more than 8 k. what material is exactly used for the clutch plate?

well i think someone should initiate a new thread which will compare the costs of components with different manufacturer.
this will prove very helpful to people who are planning to buy a new car. they can evaluate the cost of ownership easily.
Old 15th October 2008, 19:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is some amazing story about how dealer's change colour after selling you the car. My Aveo is just about 2 months old and one of the biggest reasons for me going in for a GM car was the courtsey's shown by the GM dealer. Now i pray they dont let me down when the need arises.
Just a suggestion, can we have a
Old 15th October 2008, 20:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sorry clicked the enter button by mistake. The suggestion was to have a thread parked with "X" marked against the name of the dealership making serious offences. At the end of the month/ year. the number of X's can be counted and displayed. Hence any of our memebers buying a new car can conveniently see the thread and also take into consideration which dealer for which brand has the best service (one with the least X's against the name)

Most Viewed