Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:27   #1
BHPian

Sundaram Motors, Bangy - Appreciation of Excellent Service

My Sparky completes exactly 1 year on October 19, 2008 and it was time for 1 yr/10000 km free service. I call Sundaram Motors on October 6th and get an appointment on 20/10/2008 at 9 am.

Exactly at 9:10 am on Monday, October 20, I was at the showroom. Within no time, the reception appoints a service advisor.

I list following complaints:

- Check radiator after it took a underbody hit during my recent trip to Mangalore.

- Front bumper is loose and shaky after it took a hit during my Mangalore trip.

- Missing screws at front wheel arch.

- Carry out wheel balancing and tyre rotation.

- Replace engine oil and oil filter. (I misread the service manual to replace engine oil and filter every 10,000 km)

Service advisor was very attentive and notes down all my complaints patiently. He also advises me against replacing engine oil and filter as this has been done at 5000 km service (he confirms this with service recorded in the computer) and due only at next service. He promises me to deliver my Sparky at 5 pm.

I return to the service station exactly at 5 pm. Service advisor takes me to their service area. I was very happy to see 2 guys wearing 3 M uniform working on my Sparky. One guy was applying some 3 M wax all over and another guy was applying something on the tyres and all the rubber parts. Also they spray something in the engine bay and clean it thoroughly.

At the same time, I check the front bumper and it was fixed and adjusted properly. The missing screws were replaced at the wheel arches. Service advisor tells me that radiator is perfect and there is no leakage. He also tells me that engine oil, brake oil, steering oil, washer fluid etc have been topped up. Also wheel balancing and tyre rotation have been carried out.

Further, service advisor tells me that they have replaced some Sensor and hood seal free of cost under warranty.

Final bill comes up to Rs. 172.00 which was the cost of Air filter element. The old filter element which was replaced was promptly kept in the boot.

Sensor A-distance Rs. 1206.22, Seal Hood Rs. 80.89, Bolt and nut 10 nos Rs. 26.70, Screen wash (conc.) Rs. 32.89 - all been done free of cost under warranty. They did not charge me anything for wheel balancing and tyre rotation .

The service advisor accompanies me to the security guard, clears all the formality and we shake hands and say goodbye to each other, with satisfying smile on our face.
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats something nice to hear about Sundaram Motors. Hopefully they maintain these good names and turn it into sales.

Btw, did you did good interior cleaning and checked if all the bad smell is off now

Hope you got it. Lol
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Its really heartening to hear such rave reviews of service centres, specially as i myself own a Chevrolet. I sincerely feel apart from the product ofcourse, the services also make or brake the product. Wish you many more smiles with Sundaram
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:02   #4
BHPian

Hey MJ, got it !

I myself did a thorough interior cleaning (with vacuume cleaner) immediately after that trip .
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:05   #5
Team-BHP Support

I know of Rudra who is also very happy with Sundaram motors. I wish i had something like this close by to Indira Nagar for my Swift D :(
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

BomBatt,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience that you had! It is so refreshing to read such positive reviews!

And... is it just me, are we noticing an increase of positive reviews of (fairly new) service centers. Good for us customers. Hope the trend continues.
Old 22nd October 2008, 20:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that your Sparky has completed 1 year, Congratulations and many more happy miles on it.
Sundaram Motors service has been complaint free for me as well, just the last service (35000km) on my Optra, they took an unusually long time to diagnose a suspension noise in the rear, finally after a day of trial and error they replaced the rear left shock absorber and delivered the vehicle. But this one niggle apart, I have had excellent co operation from Mr. Ramesh, their service head, who has most of the times picked and dropped my car for service from my house as he too lives close by.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:41   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I have had excellent co operation from Mr. Ramesh, their service head, who has most of the times picked and dropped my car for service from my house as he too lives close by.
Ramesh is a nice person. In fact if he gets to know about you and your love for car..he'll go out of his way.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Deepak, good to know that you are satisfied with Sundaram motors. It certainly looks like GMC is in all out mood to get the customer satisfaction levels high.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey Deepak, good to know that you are satisfied with Sundaram motors. It certainly looks like GMC is in all out mood to get the customer satisfaction levels high.
Not too sure about that. Keep hearing nasty stories about Sundaram Motors.
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:59   #11
BHPian

ahh,after a long time i see an appreciation review,however it is rare nowdays.(dont know about other places but surely in delhi)
best of luck with your car.enjoy and drive safe..
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:15   #12
BHPian

BommBatt -- Good luck to have these kind of service from Showroom people wish the same in future too.

hope you are not a sundaram showroom person (Dont take it seriously). Just a doubt becos now a days no service person are so customer friendly...
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:04   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudra's patronage of Sundaram Motors has undoubtedly helped!
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats BomBatt for your nice experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
My Sparky completes exactly 1 year on October 19, 2008 and it was time for 1 yr/10000 km free service. I call Sundaram Motors on October 6th and get an appointment on 20/10/2008 at 9 am.
What came first - 1yr or 10K? your post says 1 year then what is the ODO now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya
hope you are not a sundaram showroom person (Dont take it seriously). Just a doubt becos now a days no service person are so customer friendly...
Still there are good people around. Even my MASS (Surakshaa) provides excellent customer service.

Abhi
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:53   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for the 1st anniversary BomBatt. Nice to know that you had a pleasant experience at the service station.

I think most of us, in the back our minds are 'apprehensive' about the experience we will have at the A.S.S and somehow we never look forward to going to the A.S.S. So when the experience is a good one, it comes as a pleasant surprise.

I agree with the earlier post that at times if the service adviser comes to know of your passion & interest for cars, they take extra precaution. (however this should be the case for all -- not just auto enthusiasts)

Congrats again and thanks for sharing a +ve experience.

PS: you have been missing in action in past few BHP meets. About time for you to clock some T-BHP mileage on your sparky.

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks