Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:29   #16

BCS etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Bosch Car Service is like the Castrol Bike Zone for cars, right (i.e. multi-brand Service centre?). I hope they are as good as you describe. However, I can't go there till 3 years, 1.5 lakh kms because of voiding my warranty.

Just curious, which other service centres did you try? Orix & Dhingra & Atil in Gurgaon? Vivek & Samyak in Delhi? How would you rate BCS against those? (esp. Samyak, because that's where I am going nowadays!)
My experience has been as follows.

ORIX - These are the guys I used to go to - my experience is they dont usually have time for you - poor diagnosis - parts usually not available.
Atil - I dont think they exist anymore
Dhingra - I took my car there once - they didnt seem to interested in fixing it.
Samyak - no experience
Vivek - I bought my car from them - prefer not to discuss them as I took my grouse up directly with Fiat and Tata motors.
A1 Motors - used to have a workshop somewhere in West Delhi and they used to be excellent - they were a victim of the sealing drive in delhi.

No comparison between Tata Fiat and Wheel Force (I dont have any experience with other BCS - so no comment).

Incidentally, a lot of parts in a Palio/Petra are bosch - BCS Centres have this (global) database on their diagnostic computer - by car model/year/variant. Quite amazing.

I enjoy driving and am particularly sensitive to how a car sounds and handles - given this, only A1 motors (before it was sealed) and BCS meet my requirements. I got the feeling that the rest dont even appreciate why you're being so finicky - I might feel that way too if most of my business came from servicing Indica taxis.

In response to the moderator's message, the problems that I had with my car which were diagnosed and fixed by BCS are:
1) Clutch was replaced.
2) My alternator (which ORIX fitted after my old one packed up) had to be completely redone. BCS opened up and fixed the alternator.
3) Timing was way off.
4) Some work with the suspension
5) Headlights were way off - suprisingly nobody else could adjust them properly.

Best
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would also like to know about the BCS in Pune. Has no-one been there. I own a Palio and most parts are Bosch.
Even I have recently replaced my alternator.

@arjun: what were the issues that you were facing after replacing the alternator?
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Arjun- Aone motors is still very much active and its near Apollo flyover - near Vivek Automobiles and are quiet good as well.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:01   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I would also like to know about the BCS in Pune. Has no-one been there. I own a Palio and most parts are Bosch.

@arjun: what were the issues that you were facing after replacing the alternator?
ORIX put an old beaten up alternator in my car - which made a constant whistling sound. They told me that the whistling sound is because of the new alternator belt - and that the sound would go away after they tightened the belt (which would need to be done after it was run in).

I realized later that I had been taken for a ride - a new alternator (which is incidentally made by Bosch) for the Petra costs about 19k. I didnt pay that kind of money to ORIX.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:16   #20
BHPian

Whats the cost like??

Hey, m planning to take my Alto for being serviced at Bosch, the same Wheel Force guy in Rajouri because the MASS guys just charge for a lots of stuff that they never do and more so the exhorbitant labour charge. Whats the charge like in Bosch do they charge the same amounts in labour and other things like the cuthorized centers or is it some difference??
Old 3rd December 2008, 18:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunn View Post
ORIX put an old beaten up alternator in my car - which made a constant whistling sound. They told me that the whistling sound is because of the new alternator belt - and that the sound would go away after they tightened the belt (which would need to be done after it was run in).

I realized later that I had been taken for a ride - a new alternator (which is incidentally made by Bosch) for the Petra costs about 19k. I didnt pay that kind of money to ORIX.

I paid around 13k with labor for the new alternator, which I examined before they opened it for fitting. And even in my case, they did leave the belt a little loose and told that it would be tightened after some time. Which is correct.
What are the details of the alternator? Mine was 90 amp, Bosch, Made in Spain. And this does not cost 19k. It is 11K something plus labour.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:26   #22

Quote:
I paid around 13k with labor for the new alternator, which I examined before they opened it for fitting. And even in my case, they did leave the belt a little loose and told that it would be tightened after some time. Which is correct.
What are the details of the alternator? Mine was 90 amp, Bosch, Made in Spain. And this does not cost 19k. It is 11K something plus labour.
I am out of town most of the time and so most of this was done when i was away. I have no idea about the alternator specs. Will check land let you know shortly.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunn View Post
I am out of town most of the time and so most of this was done when i was away. I have no idea about the alternator specs. Will check land let you know shortly.
Yeah, coz need to know who's trying to fool. The BSC or the Fiat A.S.S. I dont think alternator comes that costly.
Old 5th December 2008, 21:51   #24
BHPian

The best car service experience!!

Hey guys,

I can only second Arjunn's views about Wheel Force Centre(Bosch Car Service).

These guys are very professional and friendly and are very transparent in their operation. I had my car serviced and all the issues that Maruti had been refusing to since the very first service were addressed to very promptly and resolved.

I must say that this was the best car service experience that I had till date. What more is that you have a brand to trust and they dont fleece you as what MASS guys do.

Kudos to Wheel Force Centre guys.
Old 6th December 2008, 21:09   #25
BHPian

Kotkar Automobiles

Quote:

Hey Vinit,

I have been to Kotkar Auto (Pune BCS) on Karve Road for ECU diagnostics last year (ECU light on my corsa dash was not turning off after I cranked the engine). They scanned and diagnosed the problem within no time, the same was rectified and car handed over me to in @ 2 hours.

Ulhas the main person (I guess he is the owner) there is a very knowledgeable and straight forward person.

A good experience for me .

Nikhil
Old 7th December 2008, 06:03   #26
BHPian

I got a bosh service center in the adjacent street. I heard, they have imported tool kits and service majorly german cars.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:48   #27

Alternator cost + specs

Quote:
Yeah, coz need to know who's trying to fool. The BSC or the Fiat A.S.S. I dont think alternator comes that costly.
Hi Vineet,

I asked the question of the bosch guy (Sumit) and this is his response.

"The New alternator price is approx (12.5 K).As per you a new orix people installed new alternator in the car but that was not the fact.We were shocked when we open up the alternator because it was not new.The alternator bearings & pully were making lots of noise & the housing was cracked.we tried our best to fix it.I hope its working fine till date."

I am almost sure I heard 19k on the phone, based on which I decided to fix the old one instead of replacing it. But I will give Sumit the benefit of the doubt..

From the various accounts that have been posted, BCS seems to be a good bet.
As for the story of my car. writing any more would be like
Old 8th December 2008, 17:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks nsbhagwat & arjun for sharing your experience.
Need to get the car serviced coming Jan. Will go to BCS this time and share my experience as well.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:51   #29
BHPian

I have a siena.

got the clutch replaced - markings of Voxelli or Vorelli or something - but remember same s the piece brought out from the car. cost 3250 in Pune plus labour charges at local garage.

got the headlights replaced - 5500 for Maxelli Mageneti - with bulbs inside prefocused - just bought them and fitted the three screws - perfect alignment and small adjustment by self. bright also.

have to replace the axle boots - leaking gear oil, and also the timing chain cover and few smaller parts.

Now - what willbe the cost at BSC pune for these... anyone can help us all by caparing his experience.

Soumo Chatterjee
Pune
Cell - 9970411311
Old 10th December 2008, 15:29   #30
Senior - BHPian

Soumo, best would be to call them up, tell them the job to be done and get an estimate. On the first page of this thread, there is a link given where you can get the contact details and as nsbhagwat has mentioned, Ulhas is the main person there, so you can ask for him when you call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks