Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 20:04   #76
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Been doing some research and found out that the V6 diesel XF is about 33,000 pounds in the UK. That works out to about Rs27 lakh. Can somebody please tell me why, when the CBU duty is a 104 per cent, does it cost Rs63 lakh? Shouldn't it be in the 50 lakh range, and why is Tata pricing Jaguar out of the league of BMW, Mercedes and Audi (I mean the 5 series, E class and the A6)? Don't they compete in the same league in other markets?
I own a discovery. Purchased it about a few years back for $63000 and mine is handsomely loaded. Sad enough its sitting and eating dirt in US.

Old 3rd July 2009, 10:56   #77
BHPian

Saw a black Range Rover today. It was a registered car, surprised to see it so early here.

It had killer looks, and had a hummer-like road-presence.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:08   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Ok so i received new prices from the sales guy

RR Vogue 3.6 TDV8 - 93,71,984
RR Sport 3.6 TDV8 - 68,83,137
RR Discovery 2.7 TDV6 - 59,62,752

The prices are ex-showroom without octroi Incl of VAT
Are these bone-stock price or are these models decently loaded with features?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Compared to prices of equivalent cars from their competitors, these cars are well priced.
Smaller engines need to be introduced. That will make these cars cheaper and accessible to more people. That matters, because, finally it's sales figures that matter.
I agree they need to introduce smaller engines to drive decent volumes. Offering the RR sport with a V6 diesel @ 55 lakhs and the Vogue @ 75 lakhs would make more sense.

However, the cars do not seem well priced to me, I hunch the grey market would be cheaper ?
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:20   #79
BHPian

@Sahil - These are fully loaded prices. I was told that all vehicles will be available fully loaded only with all options, which is nice and a first for Indian customers. They said they have a bunch of cars in their yard ready for delivery, which means no real choice of mix and match with interiors and exteriors. If you want your choice of interior and exterior delivery will take a bit longer.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Saw a black Range Rover today. It was a registered car, surprised to see it so early here.

It had killer looks, and had a hummer-like road-presence.

that baby has been around in Hyd for a while now , so it is probably a direct import under the EPCG scheme. In fact, in a moment of lunacy, i tried to race it on KBR park road at midnight in my Safari.

No prizes for guessing the outcome
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:47   #81
BHPian

Really, Range Rover looks very much strong & stunning !!!!
Congrats Land Rover (Tata !!) for bringing this beauty in India.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

I t would have been nice to see JLR bring the Land Rover Defender. Absolute beast and suited for off roading.
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:23   #83
Team-BHP Support

I believe they are going to supply Defenders to the army in the near future.
Wonder why they aren't selling it to civilians.
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

new price list, includes freelander and LR discovery and range rover models facelift 2010 starting in october.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata's Jaguar-Landrover Showroom to be opened in Mumbai, Worli. EDIT : Now OPEN-jaguar-land-rover-pricelist.jpg  

Old 4th July 2009, 00:12   #85
BHPian

Why do they keep changing the prices, I don't get it.
Old 4th July 2009, 10:28   #86
BHPian

@ Aditya,
Around 6-7 months back, there is an interview of Mr. Ratan tata in BS Motoring in which he has said that we have give Indian Army an offer for Defender, see what they do ahead ??
It will be really great to see Defender in Indian Army, yet another powerful & solid vehicle after JONGA.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the Defender should be offered to civilians also. There would be many takers for this cult car in the country. The Defender has off road capabilities which are unmatched.

Like Posche displayed the CGT when they opened, Tata should get the XJ220 displayed at the showroom for sometime. I'm sure they can source one. Mr. Tata are you listening?

What are the warranties on the cars like and any idea wher the official workshop is?
Old 4th July 2009, 11:10   #88
BHPian

I also think that Defender should be offered to civilians, but as per the REGULAR STRATEGY of our government, I don't think so that Defender will be available to civilians.
Regular Strategy is that the vehicles such as JONGA, MM 550 xDP 4x4, Tata 407 Turbo 4x4, Tata 709 Turbo 4x4 which are mainly used only by Indian Army are not directly (or readily) available for Indian civilians.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:45   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

There is almost a 9 lakh difference in the RR sport prices qouted by spawnofsatan and sidindica. So what's the real deal??
Old 4th July 2009, 17:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Compared to prices of equivalent cars from their competitors, these cars are well priced.
Smaller engines need to be introduced. That will make these cars cheaper and accessible to more people. That matters, because, finally it's sales figures that matter.
I beg to differ here. If it were the sales they were after then they would have gone for the smaller engines with competetive pricing, which again would have prompted our team members to downgrade them by saying that why did they not offer us the V8's of the world. I feel that by getting in the troops with full armoury Tata's want to shed their 'ah sigh it's an indica' factor and create an image for themselves which is worthy of such iconic brands. Moreover they are taking good care of their sales by their tried and trusted brands and dont forget the mass market product-Nano.Tata's can drive their sales figure up the leh ladhakh higway with that.

Most Viewed