Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 17:44   #1
BHPian

Vijay Motors (Bangalore) to close GM dealership

Just called up Vijay to schedule a service for my spark. They said they would call back with the details. Meanwhile thought I should check the latest price (drop) for the Spark since one of my friends was interested. Called up the showroom and It seems they did not have a price sheet. So when I inquired the lady on the phone said that they are closing down the dealership by this month end.

So its back to good ol Sundaram for all Chevy owners in Bangalore.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:59   #2
BHPian

oh, that is a scary news.
Just spoke with one service adviser at Vijay motors. What he told me is,They have closed down showroom for time being and he doesn't have much idea what is the future, at least that is what he told me.
But they are taking vehicle for servicing and he doesn't know how long this will continue.

Today i got a message saying a GM authorized service centre opened at Mysore road. It's Frontline Automobiles. Even i remember seeing some posts here with this information.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Why? What is the problem there? They're not even two years old with GM relation.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:08   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Why? What is the problem there? They're not even two years old with GM relation.
No idea what is the problem. I asked him why they are doing that? He told me some management problems. Looks like he doesn't want to disclose details at the moment.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

That is really not good. May be Vijay was not able to do profitable business!!! no idea. Anyway, lets see what happens in next couple of months.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Vijai was never able to do good business. Plus, GM is not one of the best companies to do business with . Garuda also shut down long back and now Vijai is joining him.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:48   #7
BHPian

I hope this is not linked with GM's bad state in US.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Oopsie!! This means Sundaram will have to quickly open their planned service centres across the city asap.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Last year when Garuda shelved GM , I was told by a senior Manager , " GM is not lucrative and they pay very lowest commission and hence not profitable business"

Probably same with Vijai Automobiles. Here one more reason added, scare of GM going down globally.

Received an SMS today from GM they appointed Frontline Automobiles as Authorised Service Centre in Bangalore, off Mysore Road

Piece of Info. GM will not be allowed to go down with Chapter 11. US Federal Reserve will bail them out as they bailed Citibank with $20 bn.

Dwarak
Old 9th December 2008, 17:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oh no...Not one more. Garuda recently came out of dealership from GM and now it is Vijai Auto. BTW, is it the GM's plan to reduce the dealerships as they are sinking worldwide?
Old 9th December 2008, 18:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Oopsie!! This means Sundaram will have to quickly open their planned service centres across the city asap.
Lukes,
Do they have any plan to open more service centers?
Old 9th December 2008, 18:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Received an SMS today from GM they appointed Frontline Automobiles as Authorised Service Centre in Bangalore, off Mysore Road
A GM dealership with the same name has been operating for quite some time in M'lore. Assuming this branch belongs to them as well.
Old 9th December 2008, 18:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering for the past 1 week when I crossed the Vijay motors on whitefield. The shutter was always closed. Now I know the reason. Infact I was thinking if it was a permanent close thats related to GM condition in US. Seems its turning out to be true.

Also, I have heard that GM do not give more than 2 dealership in one place. Thats why after closeure of Garuda, Vijay came in. So, whose next?

The frontline service centers SMS are floating around here for atleast 2 weeks now I guess. So, do they get the dealership too?
Old 9th December 2008, 19:52   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Last year when Garuda shelved GM , I was told by a senior Manager , " GM is not lucrative and they pay very lowest commission and hence not profitable business"

Probably same with Vijai Automobiles. Here one more reason added, scare of GM going down globally.
Dwarak
You are quite right I think. IT is not really profitable to do business with GM.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lukes,
Do they have any plan to open more service centers?
According to Sundaram, they are to open at least three more service centres across Bangalore, they were scouting for good sites when I was told about their plans, according to a reliable source at Sundaram they have identified one place on Tumkur road and one place near Hebbal.
It remains to be seen if they go ahead with their plans with the current worldwide recession hitting all auto industries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks