Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 12:46   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

There dont seem to be any big issues with your car. Only thing is the patch up of small scratches was not done. The rattling: DOnt know abt that. That can be only a trial and error procedure.

Fuel filter light. No idea.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
There dont seem to be any big issues with your car. Only thing is the patch up of small scratches was not done. The rattling: DOnt know abt that. That can be only a trial and error procedure.

Fuel filter light. No idea.
Even I had a rattling issue. The guy who attended my car was Mr.Yogesh in Advaith Whitefield service station. I mentioned clearly, there is a seat rattling in my car. After the servicing he said its all done and he has tested it himself But still the problem is there. I called him on last monday and he said to meet him in his service station at 2 PM. I went exactly at 2 PM and there were no one. One lady bluntly told me he is out for lunch. No one bothered to even talk to me, and no one inquired for what reason I have come. I called him again in his mobile and he said he will meet me after lunch. I took time out of my tight schedule with high difficulty to meet him but had no time to wait. He called me sometimes at 2.45 but I was in a meeting and could not pick the phone. I called him then he told "Sir I will arrange a pickup for your car to the service station and check the car and deliver back to you". After this never received any calls.

Some one from Advaith are you listening ??? I dont say I need to be well attended but when you say meet at 2 PM on a weekday then you understand that some one has to come from office in the middle of work. I got 4 calls before getting into the service station, but after the servicing no calls even if I reported problems. Sorry, But I am not satisfied.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:43   #33
BHPian

Man! What's happening with Advaith?? The complaints seem to be continuing. High time they do something and make us happy.
My opinion is that the fellows take more cars for service than they can handle, and give inferior quality of service.
Old 6th February 2009, 14:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin View Post
Man! What's happening with Advaith?? The complaints seem to be continuing. High time they do something and make us happy.
My opinion is that the fellows take more cars for service than they can handle, and give inferior quality of service.
More than the service I have a problem with their attitude .. I forgot to mention the car delivery was scheduled at 3 Pm for the 1st servicing. I called them at 2.45 PM and spoke to Mr Yogesh, he said he will check and give me a call in 2 minutes, but he never called me back. I called again at 3.30 and he said he will send the car in 5 minutes. I am surprised at their behaviour. When someone says he will call back then he should. I rate punctuality and courtesy highly. I understand problems may occur and perfect estimation is impossible, but the owner of the car needs to be informed. Can't they understand these small things. Dont they understand they lose their good will and popularity by doing this. Few simple things make your business boom or doom, no one needs to be an MBA to understand this.
Old 6th February 2009, 15:38   #35
BHPian

Other thing I forgot to add, they made me wait 2 hours at my office and I had to personally go an collect my car even after their assurance that the car will be with me in 5 min everytime I called them during the 2 hours wait.
Old 31st March 2009, 13:32   #36
BHPian

I had purchased my Getz Prime GLS from Residency road showroom. The sales guy in question was named Harish. He is a cool guy and he resolved all my queries. I was totally happy with his service and infact I call him even now for any issue/question he is nover reluctant to help. I would advice people going to the Residency road Advaith Hyundai, bangalore, to ask for Harish.

Now, since my office is near ITPL I do the servicing at their Whitefield service center of Advaith. I am completely happy with their services till now and I have no complaints. The person I always go to is named Yogish there. Again, I would advice people going to the Whitefield Service Station of Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore, to ask for Yogish.

I feel the support form different dealers and service station varies from person to person so I have choosen guys who provides good customer service.
Old 1st April 2009, 10:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I had purchased my Getz Prime GLS from Residency road showroom. The sales guy in question was named Harish. He is a cool guy and he resolved all my queries. I was totally happy with his service and infact I call him even now for any issue/question he is nover reluctant to help. I would advice people going to the Residency road Advaith Hyundai, bangalore, to ask for Harish.

Now, since my office is near ITPL I do the servicing at their Whitefield service center of Advaith. I am completely happy with their services till now and I have no complaints. The person I always go to is named Yogish there. Again, I would advice people going to the Whitefield Service Station of Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore, to ask for Yogish.

I feel the support form different dealers and service station varies from person to person so I have choosen guys who provides good customer service.
Before asking for the same guy read the post no 34 .... I had a bad experience ....

Sorry to disagree ...
Old 1st April 2009, 11:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Before asking for the same guy read the post no 34 .... I had a bad experience ....

Sorry to disagree ...
I had read post no. 34 before I had put my 1st post here.

Until I feel that something is not properly done I cannot say they are not good. Until then according to me the service center of Hyundai at Whitefield is good.

Let us agree to disagree.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:08   #39
BHPian

(Note to Moderators: I am not sure if this is the correct place for the post, but after a brief search I couldnt find a better positioning...)

I bought a Santro Xing from Advaith Residency Road a little over 4 years ago. I get it serviced predominantly at Mission Road, Whitefield and once at JP Nagar centers.

By and large, the service has been courteous and on-time (atleast on 90% occassions), but I have a problem with the service cost.

It seems to me like the price for a paid service invariably get bumped to Rs.3000 mark. After getting some gyan from TBHP threads, I realized that this is on higher side!
Most of the time these are due to 'extra suggestions' like Engine lackering etc that cost a lot.
(I am not able to locate bills right now - so I will update specific details after I find)

Now the questions running in my mind are:
a) What is the average cost for a paid service that other santro owners pay?
b) If I want to get a regular service done, how do I identify the actual must-do items vs the add-ons?
c) I am afraid to try out any local mechanics for fear of damages. But is there any credible alternative out there (in Blore) where I can get the service done (there was a mention abt Bosch in some thread, but not much clarity)?

My most recent experience is regarding the AC cleanup (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html):
In the recent servicing Advaith guy asked me to get a cleanup done (@ Rs.750).
Kun Hyndai in Hyderabad even quoted Rs.1800 for AC overhauling!!
Do I get the AC 'cleanup' done? What exactly is involved here, since Rs.750 seems steep to me. Is there any credible alternative option for this?

Also in a service about 6 months ago, the service manager says that my exhaust pipe has a crack due to rusting and that he can get it welded (around Rs.1100 charged) and usually such calls come after I leave the car for service & go to office.

So how do I really verify the veracity of such claims?

Thanks!!
Old 9th April 2009, 23:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I had read post no. 34 before I had put my 1st post here.

Until I feel that something is not properly done I cannot say they are not good. Until then according to me the service center of Hyundai at Whitefield is good.

Let us agree to disagree.
I definitely agree to disagree.

Till now they are no good to me.

Next time if they do any good work I will definitely shower unlimited praise on them as you did.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Advaith Hyundai Bangalore complaint escalation, email required

Hi all,

I have purchased Hyundai i10 ERA in Jan 09 from Advaith Hyundai, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore. Overall experience in the dealership was satisfactory, but could have been better. I also checked out Trident Hyundai on Hosur Road, and found the sales staff very courteous, friendly and helpful.

One strange thing I noticed at Advaith was that they don't have a printed price list of accessories. They ask you to select the items from a printed list (with no prices mentioned) and then write down whatever price they feel like writing. If you express displeasure at the exorbitant prices or act uninterested in getting accessories fitted from the dealer, they start showering heavy discounts over the (manually) written prices. This was not the case at Trident, they have a proper printed price list for accessories which ensures full transparency.

Finally decided to buy from Advaith because they had a 2008 model, and gave me a good discount on it.

Now comes my problem. I made the payment to Advaith towards the cost of the vehicle, insurance, road tax, incidental charges and accessories.

Due to the unavailability of some accessory at the time of delivery, the actual billed amount was less than the amount paid by me.

I did not receive a refund of this amount at the time of delivery. But I was assured by the sales consultant that this balance amount would be maintained in the records with Advaith Hyundai, and I would be able to use this balance amount in Advaith Hyundai towards payment of further bills for servicing of the vehicle.

I got my vehicle serviced (2nd free service) in Advaith Hyundai last weekend. At the time of payment (engine oil changed), I requested the service advisor to adjust the abovementioned balance amount towards the payment of service bill.

He checked with the cashier, but the cashier refused to accept that there is any balance amount in my name. Further, the service advisor asked me to produce proof (receipts etc) that I have made excess payment at the time of purchase.

I had never expected this kind of negligence and rude behaviour from the staff working at Advaith Hyundai. I am really disappointed and regret my decision of buying the vehicle from this agency.

I don't have any complaints regarding the quality of the service. In fact, the performance of the vehicle seems to have improved after it. The service advisor was also quite courteous and friendly. But the cashier seemed to be a bit lazy/arrogant/uninformed. He didn't take any pains to check his accounts and simply told that I will have to make the payment as his accounts do not reflect any balance in my name.

I wanted to speak to my sales consultant, but the service advisor told that she was not available as it was late in the evening.

I have already sent an email to Advaith Hyundai (info@advaithhyundai.com) but did not receive any reply.

Can someone provide me the contact details of some higher up in the sales team in Advaith Hyundai.

I don't have the time to visit the showroom and hence would prefer if this matter can be resolved over the phone/email.

Please suggest me how should I approach in order to get a refund of the balance amount. I don't want to keep it pending in their records because I have lost faith in their records after this incident.

Should I write a complaint letter to Hyundai Motors India Ltd regarding this ? Please let me know the email address.

Regards,
Rohan
Bangalore
Old 9th July 2009, 19:08   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Please PM me your name and phone number. Will forward it to the concerned people.
Old 11th July 2009, 20:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

Problem got resolved, thanks to team-bhp

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for offering to help, but the problem got resolved.

I had sent the complaint email to Advaith 1 week back, but there was no response.

But as soon as I posted the complaint on team-bhp, within 24 hours I got a call from Advaith. They have checked their records and will be sending me a refund cheque of the balance amount.

TEAM-BHP RULES !!!

Just wonder why the agencies can't train their staff properly on how to treat the customers. Like in this case, a negligence by the cashier caused unnecessary bad publicity for the agency in this public forum.

I feel bad for the service advisor, he did a good job with the servicing. I was satisfied with the servicing, but my overall experience got spoilt because of the billing goof up by the cashier.

Rohan
Bangalore
Old 24th July 2009, 12:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Still not received balance amount from Advaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please PM me your name and phone number. Will forward it to the concerned people.
Hi Nikhil,

I got a call from Advaith Hyundai on 10/07/09 regarding the issue mentioned in the above post.

The person assured me that a cheque of the balance amount would be sent to me at the earliest.

But even after 2 weeks, I have still not received the cheque.

Today, I have sent another angry email to Advaith Hyundai.

Will wait for a day or two, if there is no response from Advaith, I'll PM you for your help.

In the meantime, I am feeling really tempted to write a complaint to Hyundai Motors India Ltd regarding such malpractices at Advaith Hyundai. Will this be any useful ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 24th July 2009, 20:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, it is your opinion in the end and you are the one suffering. But I wouldnt go so far as to call it malpractice! It could simply be a clerical error. The people working at the lower levels are not the smartest or most dynamic people who are worried about losing customers. They would have mostl ikely just forgotten. And the worst part is, they really dont give a damn because they have nothing to lose if they lose a customer. They will continue to get their salary anyway.

Unfortunately for you, you are having a really bad experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks