Team-BHP - Feedback on Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Feedback on Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/50037-feedback-advaith-hyundai-bangalore.html)

Well, if you ever had a frustrated customer, it must be me.

I purchased a Getz CRDi in May this year from Advaith Hyundai on Residency Road. Though the customer service was not up to the mark, I did not bother much as I was happy with the car. The service that I got at the time of delivery was nowhere near the service that I got when I booked the car.
Then came the time for the first free service. I decided to give the car to Advaith in Vasanthnagar. Did not want to risk giving it to the Missions Road workshop or the ORR Workshop. I shuddered at the idea of my car being given for test drives, given that none of the dealerships had a test vehicle for this model.
The reception at Vasanthnagar was cordial. The service advisor was helpful and said the car would be ready in 3 hours. When I went to collect my car, it was in gleaming condition and I was happy. As I was signing some forms in the reception, the advisor parked the car opposite it and came to me. In the meantime, I saw a guy with a group of men looking at my car closely. I understood that they must have come to buy the same model and since there was no display, they must have been seeing mine. Suddenly the guy gets into my car and starts it! I immediately point this to the advisor who runs towards the car only to stand and smile at the guy inside, not knowing how to ask him get down. The culprit behind this was a sales rep who was trying to make a sale using my car. The guy inside looked like a politician, but I gave a damn! I just walked up, opened the door, and stared at him; he got the point and got down. I started my car and drove off, not wanting to lose my temper. I am sure if I were not there, my car would have gone for a test-drive; hate to even think of it.
After about 3 months, I decided to have a keyless entry system installed and went to the same branch and the same advisor attended to me. He was helpful and even got me a good price on the system from the accessories department. Was happy with the install and drove off, only to realize later that the bonnet would not open! I did not have the time or the patience to go back to them.
Until yesterday, when I went for my third free service…
This time I was assigned a different advisor as the usual one was busy. The person came with me to the car. Told him what I wanted and he made a note: Bonnet not opening, left wiper not cleaning properly, rubber strip on the left side of the roof had come off a bit, also asked for wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation. He made a note of everything and gave me an estimate of Rs. 1850 for the oil change, oil filter, WA, WB, and TR. Agreed to collect the car at 5 PM and left. Got held up somewhere and it was already 5 PM, but still no call from the advisor. Called him myself and told him I would collect the car before 6.30 PM.
Went at 6 PM and went to the reception. Had a look at my bill and it was Rs. 2911! Car was brought out of the workshop and though it was dark, I noticed it was not wiped properly. A guy was already wiping it. Also noticed that the spare wheel was not washed; pointed this out and the guy who was wiping the car said he washed the wheel himself, but it looked dull because polish was not applied. I checked today after coming to office and the fellows have dumped one of the earlier four used wheels in the trunk, dirty as ever. They have fit the spare for rear; baffles me why! I have never used the spare until now; it was brand new.
In the meantime, I enquired with the advisor about the high bill amount. Here is what he had to say:
First, Oil was charged at around Rs. 1500, he said when he gave me the estimate; he did not know it was a diesel vehicle. My goodness! He was servicing a car and he did not know the fuel type! Since diesel consumes more oil, the price was higher than the estimate. OK.
Second, there was some engine oil additive charged at around Rs. 400, supposedly improved the performance of the engine (yeah right). I remember him mentioning this in the morning, but didn’t the estimate include this???
Third, wheel weight adhesive charged at around Rs. 300. Was told this was during wheel balancing and since I have alloys, adhesive is used instead of weights or something like that (total rip-off).
Next was the most disturbing…as I was inspecting the car, I noticed a shade on the left A-pillar. I first thought it was some polish that was not wiped. Upon close inspection, to my horror, I discover it is a bump (a dent without a mark). Really blew the lid off me. When I pointed this to the advisor, he says it was already there. I tell him no way. I asked him if that was the case why he did not note it in the service advice. He says since the car was dusty, he must have missed it. Funnily, this bump is just inches away from the top rubber strip that I asked him to fix. He had inspected it closely in the morning and told me that a lock was missing and he would get it fixed. Therefore, there is no way for either of us to miss this. Also told him that when I can identify this in darkness, I would not have missed it in broad daylight. In fact, I had pointed out some scratches on the front bumper to him in the morning and he noted it in the service advice. He says even if something had happened in the workshop, his technician would have informed him. I did not expect the advisor to be with my car all the time in the workshop, so I asked him to call the technician so we can talk. I was made to wait in the reception and after a while, the technician arrives, looks at the bump, and repeats the same thing. I tell both of them that I know my car better than anyone does and there were absolutely no dents on it. Told them that I prefer hearing something like “Sorry Sir, it was an accident” rather than “It was already there”. The advisor says, “Sir, we are sure this hasn’t happened here. However, if you still insist, I will repair it for you”. I told him I was not interested in charity! Got into the car and the advisor comes to me and says he will fix it for me when I am free. I say Ok and leave.
I feel sorry for the advisor because it is practically not possible for him to stay with my car forever. Obviously, his technicians are not honest to him. Nevertheless, whom else can I hold responsible?
Today morning, on the way to work at 6 AM, Bangalore’s fog is giving me a hard time and I engage the wipers expecting a clean windshield. And what do I see? The problem has not been rectified at all! The fellows have done everything other than what I required. I am livid and want to call the chaps and give them a dress down. Probably even escalate to the higher authorities there. Not sure how much of an impact that would make, because when I purchased the car, Hyundai sent me a feedback form from their India HQ. I vented my anger on it and they haven’t even got back to me to find out why I was not happy. It has been close to 4 months now…
I did an unwise thing by signing all the receipts and bills even before inspecting the vehicle yesterday. These people have an uncanny way of just pointing to a spot on the paper and asking you sign. NEVER DO THAT! This is a good lesson for me.

Feel better now. :)

>>They have fit the spare for rear; baffles me why! I have never used the spare until now; it was brand new.

They did a five point wheel rotation.

That is a good thing IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin (Post 1079130)
I did an unwise thing by signing all the receipts and bills even before inspecting the vehicle yesterday. These people have an uncanny way of just pointing to a spot on the paper and asking you sign. NEVER DO THAT! This is a good lesson for me.

Yes, good that you've learnt. When i get back my car post-service, i always politely mention that i would like to check the car first before i sign the papers. They never make that an issue.

Between, it would be good if you could post the break-up of your service bill here, so people can go through it and analyze. Also, the final bill was including the wheel alignment, right?

Quote:

They have fit the spare for rear; baffles me why! I have never used the spare until now; it was brand new.

That is what they call tyre rotation. They rotate tyre amongst each othe so all of them have the same amount of wear and tear. The normal sequence followed by A.S.S is that the put the stepney on the rear right, the rear right goes to front right and the front right becomes stepney. The left side are just interchanged front to back.

Quote:

Was told this was during wheel balancing and since I have alloys, adhesive is used instead of weights or something like that (total rip-off).

For alloys it is recommended to use sticker type weights as they are not easily visible from the outside. Also this amount cannot be estimated as the amount of weight to be used cannot be figured out in advance. It can only be got while balancing is going on.

The only thing you have to be angry about is the dent and maybe the wiper not working correctly. By the way what made you use the wiper for fog? Was the windshield dirty? Did you use the wiper on a dry windshield or did you use it with the water jet?

I had a similar experience with Trident Hyundai service station at Jakkasandra yesterday. Gave my car for the regular paid service in the morning and they delivered it in the night at about 7.30 pm. Since it was dark, I could not inspect the car properly and paid the money.

Today morning when I was inspecting the car I found that they haven't done the washing properly, with the mats, spare wheel and seats still remaining as it was. Even the tyre well was looked pretty dirty. I had also told them to fix the trip meter which was not working properly. They took about 6 hours to check that and finally said that it cannot be fixed and I have to replace the entire console and it will cost about Rs 7k! Not sure if they even did WB and WA as requested them. I dont have time to take the car back to them for service again.

These guys used to do a good job a few years back. Now that I read about Advaith, I would shudder to give my car again at these "dealer service stations". I would rather give it to some small service stations and ask some good mechanics for a full checkup.

I have purchased my Getz GVS from Residency road showroom one year back. I had recieved a great pre and post sales service from the sales team.
I have done all 3 free services at their Whitefield service center. I am completely happy with their services so far and they allways stick to the proposed amounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 1079160)
That is what they call tyre rotation. They rotate tyre amongst each othe so all of them have the same amount of wear and tear. The normal sequence followed by A.S.S is that the put the stepney on the rear right, the rear right goes to front right and the front right becomes stepney. The left side are just interchanged front to back.

For alloys it is recommended to use sticker type weights as they are not easily visible from the outside. Also this amount cannot be estimated as the amount of weight to be used cannot be figured out in advance. It can only be got while balancing is going on.
Agreed. Though I don't think it makes too much of a difference because when I fit the alloys, the normal weights were used. Either ways, I still think its ok because the amount was negligible.

The only thing you have to be angry about is the dent and maybe the wiper not working correctly. By the way what made you use the wiper for fog? Was the windshield dirty? Did you use the wiper on a dry windshield or did you use it with the water jet?

1. Yeah, but I specifically asked the advisor about it and he said the tyres would be rotated between the four used ones. He said they don't usually cross-rotate. Anyway, I am more angry about the dirty wheel in my boot than my spare being used at the rear.
2. Agreed. Though I don't think it makes too much of a difference because when I fit the alloys, the normal weights were used. Either ways, I still think its ok because the amount was negligible.
3. I used the water jet coz my car is parked in the open and the early morning mist had condensed all over it.
I must say that more than anything I am angry about the dent because I didn't want to do any body work on my car. I quoted the other things just to give a flow to the incident :)

hey vivek why dont you leave your car at advaith jp nagar , they do very good servicing jobs .

Thanks Chetan, should give it a shot I guess, though I stay in Banaswadi.
By the way, I have decided to go and speak to them today after work. In another 30 mins to be precise. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivek.Martin (Post 1079207)
1. Yeah, but I specifically asked the advisor about it and he said the tyres would be rotated between the four used ones. He said they don't usually cross-rotate. Anyway, I am more angry about the dirty wheel in my boot than my spare being used at the rear.

If all your wheels are the same spec then it is always better to do 5 wheel rotation. In my car only the 4 driving wheels are similar. The stepney is a low cost one. So i do only 4 tyre rotation.

I understand about the dirty wheel bit. And yes the dent is unforgivable.

I too had a bad experience with Advaith and then i decided not to go.
I too even had bad experience with Trident :Frustratibut i complaint so i when one month back i was attend more smoothly. I think we shd raise your voice. It will help to some extent

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_iitd (Post 1079661)

<snip>
I think we shd raise your voice.
<snip>

Hmmm.

Interesting. Great if it works. Nothing like a volunteer for these tough assignments.

You can try taking up with the higher authorities, and may be mail links to these threads to them, marking a copy to Hyundai company directly. That may be helpful. What say guys?

Well folks, I went to the workshop yesterday afternoon. Walked straight to the reception, said I was not happy with something, and needed to speak to the Manager. The girl was rather taken aback. Asked me the name of the service advisor, I said I did not know. She took my vehicle number and made me have a seat and after about 10 mins, she comes and tells me the advisor is on his way. I told her that I was not interested to speak to him, she says he will solve my problem and then will take me to the manager; I agree because she is a bit unnerved. After a while, the service advisor comes in looking all tensed.
Asked me what happened; I told him the wiper was not fixed, the spare was not washed. He does not know what to say, just says we'll go to the car. I take him there and on the way tell him that this wasn't happening. He did not even rectify my stated problem, which he wrote in the service advice. He says "I will do it now Sir".
I opened the trunk and showed him the spare wheel; his face changed. Immediately showed him the wiper and he is at a loss for words now. Immediately gets to fix the wiper himself and summons the person who told me that he had washed the spare wheel yesterday. The fellow comes and I give him a dose, he sees the wheel and apologizes.
As all this is going on, I stand near the wheel alignment bay and unexpectedly relate my dent to it. I may be wrong, but I have a firm assurance that the dent was caused here. Especially since, I saw a tool in the worker's hand inside. It seemed to match the size of my dent and this fellow was standing with his legs inside the hoisted car and his body outside. Tool in hand and checking the steering and machine reading, etc. Since I was not allowed inside, I could not really look at the tool closely. The advisor again stated to repair the dent and told me it would take two days. Told him I would call and left.
Meanwhile, my friend who was standing near the reception as I was taking my car out heard the person who washed my wheel saying, “Yaarappa avara gaadina hung maadiddhu? Avaru hung bayythaadhaare”. I could only smile and move out….:)

This is why I always get the car serviced in front of my eyes.
I have had tiffs with service managers.But I make sure that I keep an eye on each and everything that is done to my car.