Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 10:26   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Also I have noticed that the dealership owners are sometimes very arrogant. Faced with Honda again. To talk with them is an insult in itself. Now compare this to what Honda dealers in US/W.Europe give.
I have never been to a Honda dealership anywhere, but I had visited 3 Toyota dealerships in the US when I was considering buying a Corolla - this was back in 1999. One Toyota dealer was very arrogant. The other 2 were OK without being very customer-friendly. That was the reason, I changed my plans of buying a Corolla & bought a Mazda Protege instead. The service was amazing - from the buying of the car, to the delivery to after sales services. And this wasn't just in one service center, but Mazda service centers in different states.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:40   #17
BHPian

Last weekend I took TD for ANHC at Deccan honda. I booked for TD of AT day before, when I reached to showroom sales guys confirmed it's AT available for TD, at time of TD he given manual one. When I asked, he said, he heard TD for manual. I was assured that demo car with automatic will be send to my place in evening till today there is no sign.

I liked ANHC but this attitude turn me down. I called DSK Toyota for TD, they were very polite and it was fantastic experience for TD. I found DSK guys were very proffessional. In Pune, DSK is only dealer for Toyota but their attitude was not like Deccan Honda ones.

If Honda do not care for customers, why we should bother?

Now I am booking Corolla.

Last edited by mrkanitkar : 24th December 2008 at 10:42.
Old 24th December 2008, 10:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

We've been seeing a growing trend of complaints regarding bad treatment dished out by Honda after-sales. I am sure there are a lot more skeletons waiting to tumble out of the closet.

The hallowed 'H' deserves a beating for sure, of this is how they plan on going about their operations in India. I have anyway managed to convince some of my friends against a Honda, and succeeded.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:02   #19
BANNED

Away from Honda? From Bad to Worse?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have anyway managed to convince some of my friends against a Honda, and succeeded.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

It's a bloody pity. Their cars are good, but the A.S.S lets you down. Honda is slowly becoming FIAT it looks like.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:24   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Nope from bad to good. I did the same as well. Convinced my dad's friend for an Altis instead of the Civic. Extremely happy with the customer service as well as the car itself.

Civic wasn't bad but the after sales of Honda is not great. Let's face it.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Depends on who the other choice is. Atleast they arent complaining.
Old 24th December 2008, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
When this car was brought there were 2 honda delears in pune namely kesar cars and deccan honda. Now recently the kesar cars has stopped their delarship and now deccan honda is the only whole and soul for honda cars in pune.
Mitsubishi had opened a new sales and service in pune by the name of shrushti auto (near wakad police station). This was basically owned and operated by the pashankar group.
They closed down in september /october (6 months after opening) and the front office lady told me that they had now taken a Honda dealership.

Can someone confirm if there is a new honda dealership oepn somewhere. What the dealership name that has opened somewhere around balewadi sport complex on teh NH4 higway.
Old 24th December 2008, 12:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone confirm if there is a new honda dealership oepn somewhere. What the dealership name that has opened somewhere around balewadi sport complex on teh NH4 higway.
Grand Honda, but thats closed too.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:01   #25
BHPian

There was a similar thread about the monopoly situation in Pune, given the context of dealerships its not surprising that Honda customers have to put up with needless arrogance, why Honda is not resolving the one dealer situation in Pune remains a mystery.

On another note its difficult to understand the arrogance at dealerships, surely they are only there to sell and service cars and not act high and mighty. Why should anyone behave this way, premium brand or not. Strange.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

and so honda joins the ranks of foreign brands with bad A.S.S , along with skoda and ford
Old 24th December 2008, 13:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Why can't we keep FIAT out of this?

I've interacted with 3 FIAT dealers in Pune, 2 Fiat only (Jay-Vijay, Ashwamegh) and 1 TASS (BU Bhandari). While there may be questions on quality of job done, there never was any complaint regarding attitude of people. I found them always courteous and polite. None of them was arrogant as it appears to be the case here.

Quite interestingly, my friend bought NHC last month from Deccan Honda. He wanted to fit few authentic Honda accessories such as seat covers etc. To his surprise, prices were different at 2 Honda dealerships. He found Deccan Honda charging higher for exactly same Honda accessories as compared to dealer in Kolhapur. When he questioned the dealer about it, he was quietly told to fit it from Kolhapur dealer. Not to mention, he went ahead and did the same.
Old 24th December 2008, 13:46   #28
BHPian

an update,

Seems the Deccan honda PCMC branch is ready for the cashless. and the service manager was also polite over the phone .

But because of their katraj branch bad experience i will hold my comments till everything is settled.

Will keep posted.
Old 25th December 2008, 01:06   #29
BHPian

Avoid Honda - Don't buy Honda in India.

You can read about my experience with Deccan Honda Pune elsewhere on team-bhp. They are pests - possiblly politically connected. I hope their owners die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Deccan Honda Pimpri in Pune has the worst service record ever. The least we can do about it is to make sure you/we go out and reach prospective honda buyers - tell them about the rot in the honda service system and dissuade the from buying a honda car from Deccan Honda Pune or elsewhere.

Honda: If you're listening this - please get your act together in India or you will keep losing customers.

For anyone googling Deccan Honda Pune: Do NOT buy a car from Deccan Honda Pune.

Last edited by agentsmith2 : 25th December 2008 at 01:10.
Old 25th December 2008, 01:24   #30
BHPian

To add to what I wrote above: If you're thinking of taking your car to Deccan Honda Pimpri, don't do that. The pimpri workshop is an excuse for a workshop, a farce in the name of a Honda. The neither have the people, nor the equipment - nor the expertise whatsoever. Don't take your car there.

Bafna Auto has set this workshop up to make money from hapless customers. Their idea of servicing is washing a car dry. During the 2 months my car was parked there - ostensibly for damage repair - I saw numerous irate customers showering their unskilled managers with choicest of expletives.

Trust m, you don't want to get anything done at Bafna Auto / Deccan Honda Pune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks