Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:32   #1
BHPian

Popular Hyundai Trivandrum - My experience

Guyz,

The saga continues with popular Hyundai Trivandrum. After the incident mentioned in the following thread I had a very similar bad experience with Popular Hyundai Trivandrum.

This had happened to my ex boss. see here

I had bought a used Hyundai Elantra from First Choice Trivandrum. See my bad experience with them here. As mentioned in the other thread, I had to shell out close to 80K for a small accident. Popular Hyundai ripped me off like anything. With the new job and roles, I had very little time to go after them, so they ripped me off badly.

It took them close to a month to replace the Front Bonnet and bumper. That is all they had to do, but the bill came to 80K. I had to make so many calls to get through to some one responsible who would let me know the whereabouts of my car. After so many frantic calls for many days finally they said the car would be delivered the next day at my office.

Nothing happened the next day, I called them again and they said it will come the next day. I asked for an approximate quote, and was told some one would call with the quote in 5 minutes... No one called me for the next whole week. I called everyone I know there but no one had any answers. I was going through company induction at my new firm and so could not go out to meet any of these guys...this went on for a week.

In the mean while I was told that Popular did not have cashless facility with my insurer, another bomb from First Choice, I had got it for a reduced premium form them.

Almost a month had passed since I gave the car for service. Finally, I took a half day leave and me and my wife went to see what was happening. The car was lying in the yard, all looking neat and clean. I wanted to take it away that very moment. They said, they have not replaced the rear brake pads, which at the first point could have caused the accident. Wow, I was shocked again, they had the car with them for almost a month and still had work to me completed.

I said I wanted delivery the next days and went away. Had to make at least 15 calls the next day to get the car delivered at 7pm at my home. Total bill was close to 80K. The car looked OK in the fading light. Took it to office the next day, the ride felt much better and the car was responding well too.

All this lasted only a few days, after a trip to Ernakulam and back, the car started behaving strangely. The front suspension started making a thump sound every time the car moved, be it a level surface or a potholed road. I doubt whether they have changed the suspension to an even older one, as it was not this bad when I gave it for repair...

Finally I found a buyer and the car is now sold. Thanks to Popular and First Choice, I am poorer by close to 3 lacs rupees in 6 months. Guys beware of these dealers, who are there to cheat you and rip you off. They understand that you may be too busy to look into details and would take you for a ride... Well could say it is all my fault, but still, where is all the trust and good will that you thought you had...

Sorry for the long post, had to write this to make others aware of the cheaters out there.

Last edited by ajmat : 3rd January 2009 at 11:29.
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

3 lakhs less in six months. God!!!
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
3 lakhs less in six months. God!!!
I guess the recession and the current condition of the market have added to my loss. Used car prices went south quite steeply and also the short selling period caused so much damage...
Old 3rd January 2009, 15:55   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, Popular Hyundai has developed a notorious reputation as can be seen from the many bad experiences reported on Team-BHP. However, I am not clear about some bits of your experience with them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I had to shell out close to 80K for a small accident. It took them close to a month to replace the Front Bonnet and bumper.
Are Elantra parts readily available? It may take time to procure parts for a car that was a market failure.

Quote:
That is all they had to do, but the bill came to 80K.
Well, a minor accident doesn't make for a bonnet & bumper replacement. What other repairs / part changes took place?

Quote:
In the mean while I was told that Popular did not have cashless facility with my insurer, another bomb from First Choice, I had got it for a reduced premium form them.
That isn't the dealers fault. Even the best have a limited number of tie-ups.

Quote:
Almost a month had passed since I gave the car for service.
Is this the same instance, or a separate visit? Accident or service? Or both?

Quote:
They said, they have not replaced the rear brake pads, which at the first point could have caused the accident. Wow, I was shocked again, they had the car with them for almost a month and still had work to me completed.
Had you asked them to replace the pads? Had they committed to carrying out the same?

Quote:
Had to make at least 15 calls the next day to get the car delivered at 7pm at my home. Total bill was close to 80K.
Again, is this the accidents 80K or a separate charge?

Quote:
I doubt whether they have changed the suspension to an even older one, as it was not this bad when I gave it for repair...
Merely an assumption. There could be several (minor or major) reasons behind the thump noise.

Quote:
Thanks to Popular and First Choice, I am poorer by close to 3 lacs rupees in 6 months.
You spent 3 lacs on repairing & servicing the car? Or is the 3 lakhs inclusive of depreciation? In case of the latter, you can't really blame them for the loss.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks