Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 08:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
It has been exactly TWO YEARS since the swift diesel was launched.
And inspite of this plus the recession that's affected the car industry, they still have the cajones to say "2-3 months" and "4-6 months"
I say you give a chunky piece of your mind to Maruti by phone and email.
Even a waiting period of 2-3 months is ok with me... But, i just cant understand this funda of 1 dealer telling 4-6 months and a few others telling 2-3 months and one even telling 30-45 days.. all for the same model in the same city...

Do different dealers get different priority in getting cars allocated to them? I thought it was purely on booking order...
Old 6th January 2009, 10:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

They do get different numbers. It would also depend on how many bookings a dealer already has for the same car.
Old 7th January 2009, 08:49   #18
BHPian

Anyone who has recently booked / purchased a swift diesel, what is the best deal possible at this time?

I hear from every dealer that there are no discounts / free accessories for Swift Diesel.... :-(
Old 7th January 2009, 10:35   #19
Team-BHP Support

No deals on the Swift D, unfortunately. Probably the only car at the moment to command such premium.
Old 14th January 2009, 22:11   #20
BHPian

Finally booked my Swift VDi on 12-Jan... Had to settle for a Swift without ABS... Dealer has promised delivery before End of Feb...

Was able to manage only 20% discount on the value of accessories and Rs.2000 cash discount...
Old 14th January 2009, 23:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Finally booked my Swift VDi on 12-Jan... Had to settle for a Swift without ABS... Dealer has promised delivery before End of Feb...

Was able to manage only 20% discount on the value of accessories and Rs.2000 cash discount...
Congrats dude. So did you book the Azure Grey ?
Old 14th January 2009, 23:35   #22
BHPian

Yeah... Azure Grey... :-)
Old 15th January 2009, 08:38   #23
BHPian

Guys, Swift VDI doesnt come with a music player. Is it better to get the music player fitted by the dealer itself or to get it outside?

I am planning to get a Sony explode, with 4 speakers...
Old 15th January 2009, 10:31   #24
Team-BHP Support

Get it fitted from outside.

DO NOT
get Sony explode. There are a lot of better options available at the same price. Read this thread and post you query here and you will get good suggestions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...hread-112.html
Old 5th February 2009, 09:44   #25
BHPian

Guys, I had booked the car on 12th Jan. Till date, i havent heard anything from the dealer, though i have been calling once in every 2 days atleast for the past 2 weeks... Is there any other way to escalate this?
Old 10th March 2009, 12:57   #26
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have got my car delivered on 26th Feb and the odometer already reads 975. Today, i gave the car for First service at ABT Maruti, Guindy, Chennai.

Performance till date is very good and i think i am getting a FE of just over 20 with AC always on at first level.

I have a clarification - At about 2000 RPM, i see a bit of engine noise. I was told by the service manager that i am not supposed to be driving at 2000RPM. I am a bit confused. Will this noise normally be there? Also, is driving at 2K RPM a prob?
Old 10th March 2009, 17:48   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

In what gear? In what circumstances? The turbo does not even start until 2,000, so it seems to be ridiculous to say that you shouldn't drive at 2,000.

Really not sure what RPM I am maintaining at cruising speeds; just about all my driving is city driving. I may get a few minutes of 60 on a clear OMR, but seldom more than that. Certainly I go to and exceed 2,000 when accelerating through the gears; you will not feel the benefit of your engine unless you do. And yes, there is some engine noise when doing so, but nothing that I consider unreasonable for a car of this price.

Equally a benefit is that this engine will cruise on the flat at little over 1,000 without complaining. The low-rev diesel pulling power makes this an easy, and to me, reasonably quiet car to drive.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:00   #28
BHPian

Actually, even i get some extra clatter at around 1700-2100RPM !,
When the turbo fully spool's up at 2100RPM its kinda normal again .. and this happens only at half throttle, at full throttle that loud clatter is not heard !

Think its normal ., nothing to worry about !
Old 10th March 2009, 19:36   #29
TOR
BHPian

I also experienced the same 'clatter'(more like a change of sound to the clatter) in and about 2K mark. The same disappeared after about 2K on the odo. This is normal(might well be the turbo bedding in).
Old 11th March 2009, 11:30   #30
BHPian

I went to take delivery of the car after service. Met with the service people and they said, i can shift the gear up at 1700RPM itself from second to third. Also, this sound is very normal and will fade over a period of time.

Anyways, after the engine oil change, the sound has reduced considerably. I have changed the gear shift RPM a bit and now, its all smooth.

Another query - Cruising at 4th gear - Can we go more than 2500RPM and then still be in 4th gear itself or do we shift up to 5th gear?

Actually, i want to rev up the engine a bit, but cant do if i shift up to 5th gear. coz, hardly i get some distance to actually cruise.

Most Viewed