Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 17:58   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Lastly, Muneem, selling a lemon to the customer after repainting 3 doors and delaying delivery till the evening so that he cannot make out the dents/flaws does not tell a good tale about your own ethics. I hope you've learnt from your experiences and do not cheat unsuspecting customers in the future.
Four doors,not three and did it look like I had a choice ? i even saw a very good scratch after the Final PDI inspection which we rubbed and polished at the last moment,funny thing is I still can't understand how even cars which are just loaded off the truck sometimes turn out to be lemons and doing 165 in a 1.6 Formula Red Palio ? I am sorry it wasn't me it was my right foot.. I couldn't help myself , the car was just too good to be gentle with.

There is only three 1.6 Palio Sport in Stock in whole of Kerala,RF has the red one ,Kulathungal and Concord both have black one each, and since the car's odo already showed 940 kilometers, I was like heck why disconnect it now it's got to be tuned back to 25 anyway.Hence the numbers.

"THE" Job Experience at a Tata/Fiat Dealership-1128_131024.jpg

Last edited by muneemmk : 14th January 2009 at 18:03. Reason: reply to last post
Old 14th January 2009, 19:39   #77
BHPian

Phew, muneem reading through your whole article has had me shaken and stirred!! but first i ought to thank you for sharing your experience with us-this was a story i wanted to hear from a long time.

I just cant believe this is the same dealer from whom i bought my 1.6.i had no hassles whatsoever and in fact RF even sent a person all the way to changanasseri to get the registration for my car done!!how lucky i was!! like i told you there was a good sales manager at RF at that time.

But i know this is applicable not only to fiat or tata. everything finally comes down to the dealer level. even if you make a good car, if you done have a good dealer, you will fail badly. make a stupid car,but have a dealer who gives good service-guess that scenario is much better!!

I am scared to give my car for service at RF again!!
Old 14th January 2009, 20:49   #78
BHPian

Muneem, Did you try posting an email to Fiat CEO via the link on the fiat website? Have any steps been attempted to bring this to attention of atleast the one last person where the buck can stop?
Old 15th January 2009, 01:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Four doors,not three and did it look like I had a choice ? i even saw a very good scratch after the Final PDI inspection which we rubbed and polished at the last moment,funny thing is I still can't understand how even cars which are just loaded off the truck sometimes turn out to be lemons and doing 165 in a 1.6 Formula Red Palio ? I am sorry it wasn't me it was my right foot.. I couldn't help myself , the car was just too good to be gentle with.

There is only three 1.6 Palio Sport in Stock in whole of Kerala,RF has the red one ,Kulathungal and Concord both have black one each, and since the car's odo already showed 940 kilometers, I was like heck why disconnect it now it's got to be tuned back to 25 anyway.Hence the numbers.

Attachment 89444
i never wanted to post in this thread but i don't think that is something to be proud of, i will never do that with someone else car

no offence to you but that was just wrong what you did ......
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2009, 06:59   #80
BHPian

Well done dude..

I never thought you would put the whole story here. Very well written!

Well... am waiting for the 'latest' story about this particular TATA-FIAT dealership to write something which I came across in Steeroid's Safari which was serviced and maintained by same people. Had to spend a lot of time and do several brain storming sessions around his Safari in another service station to eliminate all the 'contributions' by the folks of RF Motors. Finally the TRUCK is back on the road yesterday and is running almost FRESH now!!!!

Maaan... the fellows in thier service station are NOWAY compatent to even replace a brake light bulb!!

Many things to say! Over to you Steeroid!

cheers:
Old 15th January 2009, 10:22   #81
BHPian

Thanks Muneem for sharing your story! I have been following your threads from the time you've satrted posting and it's a shame to see an enthusiat suffer the way you did. I don't want to comment on the rights and wrongs done by you as each situation warrants a different response and I'm sure what you must have done might be the best step in most cases (apart from the 165kmh thing!).

But coming to FIAT, although being a loyalist, I have been hearing similar stories about dealership harressment and non-chalant attitude of the company.

One of the service center guys I know was a very prominent dealer in Karnataka for FIAT. He even has a lot of certificates/awards to show his competence in the field. However, he recalled an incident when after taking initial booking for a lot of FIAT Unos, the company failed to deliver the model to the dealers, leaving the dealers to handle the wrath of the customers. This kind of behaviour, both towards the customer as well as the dealer is quite appaling. The person is question had even filed a case against the company and is still fighting it.
Like he says, ' The FIAT company designs and manufacturer great cars, but the senior management is really incompenent/not bothered as to how the car and its customers are fairing in the market.'
I guess that sums up the attitude of the manufacturer.

In RF motors case, maybe FIAT is more responsible for the fiasco than the dealer itself. Its just sad to see that even after so many setbacks, FIAT fails to see reason and learn from its mistakes. I mean how dumb do they take the consumer to be?
Old 15th January 2009, 12:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Apart from Concord Motors ,How is Kulathingal motors in Kerala?I know they are serving south kerala.
--
Today ,there is a tata TD and display session in muvattupuzha by concord motors.Do these cars going to be sold as brand new?
Old 15th January 2009, 12:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Well... am waiting for the 'latest' story about this particular TATA-FIAT dealership to write something which I came across in Steeroid's Safari which was serviced and maintained by same people. Had to spend a lot of time and do several brain storming sessions around his Safari in another service station to eliminate all the 'contributions' by the folks of RF Motors. Finally the TRUCK is back on the road yesterday and is running almost FRESH now!!!!
Its going to be a looooooooong story. Separate thread soon.

Thanks nikki for taking time off to troubleshoot the 'RF'ed Safari (have an expansion for the 'RF' but cant type it out here), and thanks to Hitech Motors, a small TASS in Kalamassery, Cochin for the diligent work required to undo all the mistakes done by RF. I hear from JayD that the truck is back to showroom condition now and drives beautifully.
Old 15th January 2009, 12:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Thanks nikki for taking time off to troubleshoot the 'RF'ed Safari (have an expansion for the 'RF' but cant type it out here), and thanks to Hitech Motors, a small TASS in Kalamassery, Cochin for the diligent work required to undo all the mistakes done by RF. I hear from JayD that the truck is back to showroom condition now and drives beautifully.
You sure do not want to type the expansion for RF

Good to hear that your truck is back to showroom condition.

I wonder what really happened to RF motors. If we just go back two years, there were a lot of posts which actually praised them quite a lot. Stooping so low in just two years requires quite a lot of talent I guess.
Old 15th January 2009, 13:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Muneem, theres always a choice. You chose to ignore doing the right thing at the time. Knowing fully well that the car in question was damaged, you sold it to an unsuspecting customer whose only mistake was to trust you. He put his hard earned money because you made it look like a great deal by throwing in the accessories , while in reality you were saddling him with a dud. You did this probably to achieve your targets so that you could be in the good books and earn incentives from RF. All I get from your posts now is that you left RF (possibly fired) because of the RTO incident which impacted you directly.

Your posts speak about your ethics just as much as they speak about RF's ethics. No wonder your customers berate you for your conduct.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2009, 14:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
i never wanted to post in this thread but i don't think that is something to be proud of, i will never do that with someone else car

no offence to you but that was just wrong what you did ......
I totally agree. Thru initial posts I belived you are posting your true experience. But some how now I feel you are also party in the crime. How can you rip off the car (which has in in running in period) at 165km and be proud off and then bash FIAT dealers of malpractise? Isnt the same thing you have done? Agreed you had no choice, you could have taken care of car and driven carefully.
Case of sour grapes..?
At least I'am not going to read this thread anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Muneem, theres always a choice. You chose to ignore doing the right thing at the time. Knowing fully well that the car in question was damaged, you sold it to an unsuspecting customer whose only mistake was to trust you. He put his hard earned money because you made it look like a great deal by throwing in the accessories , while in reality you were saddling him with a dud. You did this probably to achieve your targets so that you could be in the good books and earn incentives from RF. All I get from your posts now is that you left RF (possibly fired) because of the RTO incident which impacted you directly.

Your posts speak about your ethics just as much as they speak about RF's ethics. No wonder your customers berate you for your conduct.
Well said Lalvaz. Totally agree.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2018 at 07:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 15th January 2009, 18:29   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

muneemmk has written about his experiences as an employee of this company. He has not hidden the fact that his own actions in the story may not all have been those of the perfect man. I think it is fair comment to say that he did some wrong things too, and I don't think he is denying that. I also think that we should not discount everything he says on account of those things.

There is just no way that a person can survive as a salesman in most trades with 100% adherence to ethics. The invitation to take their ethics elsewhere comes pretty quickly.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2009, 21:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Apart from Concord Motors ,How is Kulathingal motors in Kerala?I know they are serving south kerala.
--
Today ,there is a tata TD and display session in muvattupuzha by concord motors.Do these cars going to be sold as brand new?
From my experience they are not that bad that you wont want to go back anymore. You just need to meet the good guys. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:48   #89
BHPian

Everyone wanted the whole truth, I gave it out, unbiased and unedited, The way I told the story in such a casual manner as to how the customer was given the car after dark to hide the shoddy paint job and all is how things happen everyday at many dealerships over the country, and did I say anywhere that I am a saint? The same thing is mentioned in the Teambhp Delivery checklist, so next time; never get your car delivered in the night, and me selling a lemon? What do you expect me to do? Tell them I can't sell this car because this is all messed up? I thought it was a one off event, but when I learned that this is going to be a daily chore, I quit from that place, I didn't write this thread for everyone to praise me or take pity on all that I been through, It was something that every bhpian should know as to what goes on behind closed doors, so that at least none of us get conned the next time we buy a new car.

Yes I did rip a 1.6 @ 165kmph which I shouldn’t have; please forgive me for my thoughtless behavior. The Drive was too long the road was too good the car was just terrific. I hope everyone is happy that I repent over what I did.
muneemmk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2009, 14:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everyone wanted the whole truth, I gave it out, unbiased and unedited, The way I told the story in such a casual manner as to how the customer was given the car after dark to hide the shoddy paint job and all is how things happen everyday at many dealerships over the country, and did I say anywhere that I am a saint? The same thing is mentioned in the Teambhp Delivery checklist, so next time; never get your car delivered in the night, and me selling a lemon? What do you expect me to do? Tell them I can't sell this car because this is all messed up? I thought it was a one off event, but when I learned that this is going to be a daily chore, I quit from that place, I didn't write this thread for everyone to praise me or take pity on all that I been through, It was something that every bhpian should know as to what goes on behind closed doors, so that at least none of us get conned the next time we buy a new car.

Yes I did rip a 1.6 @ 165kmph which I shouldn’t have; please forgive me for my thoughtless behavior. The Drive was too long the road was too good the car was just terrific. I hope everyone is happy that I repent over what I did.
You could have told the unsuspecting customer that this car was not worth buying. Instead you lured the trusting chap into thinking its a great deal by promising to throw in the accessories for free. How would you feel if you were similarly cheated by a glib talking salesman?

From your posts, I take it that you've worked with other car dealerships before, and hence you cant even claim that you did'nt know how things work cos you were a newbie. Your actions are simply inexcusable.

As regards the dealer, well, they're as good as the folks working there, and I think we all know what kinds of cheats work(ed) there.

Most Viewed