Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:24   #211
BANNED

MS001 - what about TD vehicles with a proper registration plate?
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:36   #212
Senior - BHPian

Either -
-they are registered in the name of the dealer
-customer vehicle ready for delivery
-customer vehicle given for service
-Or may be the number plates are fake u never know.

This is what i can think of , these are not authentic facts from anywhere.
Old 24th January 2009, 15:47   #213
BHPian

aha! u guys talking about a TD car?!

The same dealer in question here has a bajaj two wheeler showroom near my office. Everyday I can see a brand new tata car parked outside that showroom. Either a director or a top executive is using unregistered showroom cars(either a Fiat Palio or a Tata Vehicle, sometimes a Vista Demo car too!) to visit this place. Anyone can easily make out that the cars are directly from stockyard as it is seen dirty and without any registeration plates. Earlier it was a Tata Safari inplace of these cars!
When this is the scene, how can we expect the real face of the car that we get to TD or purchase?! It can be a brnad new one, or a customer waiting car, or a car that came for service... etc etc...

What is the business ethics these guys practise??! As a prospective buyer, I can understand if I see such a car once or twice or even thrice there! But this is a daily show! I have made it a point to avoid them when I think bout a tata car or Fiat car next time!

Toooo bad a dealer!
Old 25th January 2009, 00:44   #214
Senior - BHPian

My neighbor wanted to buy a linea, till i pointed him in the direction of this thread!! Btw, he went to check out the car a few days back, and still no response from RF even after leaaving his card with them! I guess, the legendary fiat A.S.S is gonna kill this car too!!!
Old 25th January 2009, 01:20   #215
BHPian

Planning to buy a 2009 Tata indica Vista car.

Now how can I be sure as to

a) Whether car is really a 2009 manufactured car(where is the info seen.I opened the bonnet of the indica vista and I did not see any no on the Engine)

b) How can I make sure that car I am getting will be a new car and not a car used for TD or a customer rejected car.

I saw in one of the threads about Date of manufacture being last digit of the Engine and Alphabet after that denotes the month.However I did not see any such no in the Tata indica vista.

-hdi
Old 25th January 2009, 09:34   #216
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone directly contacted FIAT/TATA about the dealer showing facts about its malpractices? Probably with pictures of the unmarked cars lying at the bajaj dealer and a few details which muneem could provide. I think this is one way in which we could make them know that they cant really continue doing such things with "customer property". Why dont we just give it a try and see what iturns out to be. If the manufacturer is still not bothered and does nothing to stop such malpractice it would be a stroger case for us to blacklist them for good. Giving them facts with proof to act on is the best thing we can do to help as a group.

Last edited by gemithomas : 25th January 2009 at 09:38.
Old 25th January 2009, 10:36   #217
BANNED

I'm sure many people here have close ties with FiAT India. Especially some from P.U.G.
I also think they have already pointed them to this thread. Hope Tata-FiAT takes some constructive action ahead on this specific dealer.
And FiAT has to improve it's interaction with their customers by atleast coming out of the veil. They cannot keep hiding behind Tata for long.
Old 25th January 2009, 11:00   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdi_pro View Post
a) Whether car is really a 2009 manufactured car(where is the info seen.I opened the bonnet of the indica vista and I did not see any no on the Engine)
There would be a plate with the engine and chassis number embossed somewhere in the engine bay; but I will appreciate if some vista owner actually posts some pic of the place - and you should also raise in query in one of the vista threads.

Quote:
b) How can I make sure that car I am getting will be a new car and not a car used for TD or a customer rejected car.
Ask or a rate colour / variant combination, and wait till it is delivered from the factory, and then ensure that you take delivery straight from the truck brining the vehicle straight from the factory.

Quote:
I saw in one of the threads about Date of manufacture being last digit of the Engine and Alphabet after that denotes the month.However I did not see any such no in the Tata indica vista.
As I said, please raise a query in one of the vitsta threads.
Old 25th January 2009, 12:52   #219
BHPian

hello aravind, i agree with you in toto, read my post elsewhere where i had visited the Tata- fiat showroom for a td of the Linea and came back with a distinct sense of deja-vu...the dealer was more interested in pushing the Vista parked near, the Linea td was a long wait wait and nobody seemed that interested. I left after the td and nobody even bothered to get my feedback/whatever. For all you know, I may not even have been present in the showroom.
I pity Fiat, I love Fiat, but I am gonna be very tough to please seeing that I now have the budget to splurge on the Accord.
Pinning my hopes on Volkswagen now, with the new Golf and not the tired Jetta.
Old 25th January 2009, 17:54   #220
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palioman View Post
hello aravind, i agree with you in toto, read my post elsewhere where i had visited the Tata- fiat showroom for a td of the Linea and came back with a distinct sense of deja-vu...the dealer was more interested in pushing the Vista parked near, the Linea td was a long wait wait and nobody seemed that interested. I left after the td and nobody even bothered to get my feedback/whatever. For all you know, I may not even have been present in the showroom.
I pity Fiat, I love Fiat, but I am gonna be very tough to please seeing that I now have the budget to splurge on the Accord.
Pinning my hopes on Volkswagen now, with the new Golf and not the tired Jetta.
Reading this, and few more threads on the similar lines that TATA dealerships give a stepmotherly treatment to LInea/Fiat cars, i wonder why would a dealer bother which make the car is? Unless otherwise it is a company owned showroom, a dealer makes money when he sells a car. He would be happy push the car that has more potential to sell, and the one that gets him the meximum margin. If that's the case, wouldn't they focus more on Linea?
Old 25th January 2009, 18:24   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Reading this, and few more threads on the similar lines that TATA dealerships give a stepmotherly treatment to LInea/Fiat cars, i wonder why would a dealer bother which make the car is? Unless otherwise it is a company owned showroom, a dealer makes money when he sells a car. He would be happy push the car that has more potential to sell, and the one that gets him the meximum margin. If that's the case, wouldn't they focus more on Linea?
Apparently, dealerships get more margin per car sold with TATA than FIAT. Explains why they push the Indicas instead of the Palios. I suppose, with no TATA competitor for the Linea, they won't bother.

Besides, psychologically, you'd tend to side with the manufacturer which makes you more money than the underdog, wouldn't you?
Old 25th January 2009, 20:54   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Apparently, dealerships get more margin per car sold with TATA than FIAT. Explains why they push the Indicas instead of the Palios.
Are you sure on this?
Do you have any figures to prove this?

OR is this just another assumption?
Old 25th January 2009, 21:57   #223
Senior - BHPian

I am sure on this. I trust my source.

I don't have any figures. Try as I might, I could not get the accountants of the dealership to give me copies of their financial records.

It is not an assumption.
Old 25th January 2009, 23:01   #224
BANNED

So, FiAT cars fetch less margin than what a Tata car can fetch?
No wonder nobody wants to sell one.

But I wonder why!
As they sell in limited numbers and has less public appeal, FiAT is supposed to push it with attractive dealer/customer offers. Ain't it?
Old 25th January 2009, 23:53   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I don't have any figures. Try as I might, I could not get the accountants of the dealership to give me copies of their financial records.
If we don't have facts & figures, then better we don't pass statements here.

I can also say many things based on hearsay, but it will not prove any point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks