Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 00:11   #226
BANNED

Facts and figures are not always necessary to form a general opinion. An opinion once formed, will have to be demolished with facts and figures!
Sad. But that's the way this world goes, buddy!

Other than the above stated reason by Immortalz, what else can one think as a valid reason why FiAT cars don't sell/dealers show less interest in them?

BTW, heard news from Cochin that FiAT India and RF motors have their eyes pointed on this thread. They're moving some stones here and there after reading the scaring reality here! Hope they also understand the after effects of threads like these.
I hope they take some constructive steps ahead rather than languishing each other for all the misdoings.

Last edited by speedzak : 26th January 2009 at 00:12. Reason: /
Old 26th January 2009, 00:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If we don't have facts & figures, then better we don't pass statements here.

I can also say many things based on hearsay, but it will not prove any point.
Please do prove your point. My source is someone working in a TATA/FIAT dealership.

I asked said person to visit this thread and share some nuggets of info. But after seeing how muneem got treated for his honesty, he said "Why should I bother?"

Why should he bother, my friends? Why should he?

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 26th January 2009 at 00:19.
Old 26th January 2009, 01:20   #228
BHPian

what ImmortalZ said is true the Margins for Fiat is really low, but sadly I don't remember what the exact figures were and no more wild figures.
Old 26th January 2009, 02:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Either -
-Or may be the number plates are fake u never know.
Very true. When one of my friends wanted to buy a Palio we booked a test drive at a dealership in NCR. Got a call immediately and a red color Palio brought in for test drive. It had a number plate which was from 1 year back series. But the vehicle smelled brand new. When I asked the sales executive he told me that the number plate is taken from another Palio with same color came in for service and he has even carrying the photo copies of documents from the other vehicle. Who is really go in and check the Chassis no and Engine number during a routine check? Hearing this we were stunned and was very careful about the test drive.
Old 26th January 2009, 03:46   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
BTW, heard news from Cochin that FiAT India and RF motors have their eyes pointed on this thread. They're moving some stones here and there after reading the scaring reality here! Hope they also understand the after effects of threads like these.
I hope they take some constructive steps ahead rather than languishing each other for all the misdoings.
I sure hope so. This thread just lost them a lot of customers and made me jittery about going to a tata-fiat showroom to get a vista...

It's a little sad though, since fiat are generally very good. Whether it's the build or the reliability. It's just the dealers who are killing the brand...maybe FIAT should pump in some money and open up some company owned dealerships...
Old 26th January 2009, 13:13   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
BTW, heard news from Cochin that FiAT India and RF motors have their eyes pointed on this thread.
If this is indeed true, here is something I want to tell FIAT guys.

TVS & Sons were your original dealers here. If they were bad, how come M&M customers have the same opinion about TVS? IMHO, the problem is more with the processes and procedures within FIAT. (I would not absolve the TVS management 100% either. I know a guy staying within 1 KM of their workshop in Kaloor was transferred to the neighbouring district. Does not augur well for employee morale.)
Old 26th January 2009, 18:23   #232
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

In my two visits to Concorde Motors, Cochin to check out the Linea, no effort was made to push any TATA vehicle. All questions were answered regarding Linea and Palio.

The red car which was in the showroom (the demo was a silver one) when I visited the showroom first was delivered to a customer on the day I went again with wife for test drive.

In fact there was hardly any activity around the Vista special edition parked there.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:20   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

In my two visits to Concorde Motors, Cochin to check out the Linea, no effort was made to push any TATA vehicle. All questions were answered regarding Linea and Palio.

The red car which was in the showroom (the demo was a silver one) when I visited the showroom first was delivered to a customer on the day I went again with wife for test drive.

In fact there was hardly any activity around the Vista special edition parked there.

Same way i have checked out Linea twice in 2 diff showrooms. One in Faridabad and one in delhi and not once anyone tried to me sell me Tata. They were just concerned with Linea queries. The problem lies somewhere else i think.
Old 26th January 2009, 20:43   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same way i have checked out Linea twice in 2 diff showrooms. One in Faridabad and one in delhi and not once anyone tried to me sell me Tata. They were just concerned with Linea queries. The problem lies somewhere else i think.
Probably because there is no Tata alternative to a Linea.
A fresh model always generates more interest, so the sales guys will be more enthusiastic about it. Compare this to selling a Palio which has baggage from the past.
Now that the FIAT-TATA guys (Both FIAT and the dealerships) have seen the amount of interest Linea has generated, it up to them to deliver and sustain the interest levels. This is their last chance.
Old 26th January 2009, 21:00   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
A fresh model always generates more interest, so the sales guys will be more enthusiastic about it. Compare this to selling a Palio which has baggage from the past.
Now that the FIAT-TATA guys (Both FIAT and the dealerships) have seen the amount of interest Linea has generated, it up to them to deliver and sustain the interest levels. This is their last chance.
IMO Fiat should introduced GP asap to cash on the interest generated in public for the name FIAT due to Linea's launch. Also a 120bhp Linea engine should make way by june-july so they can sustain the interest of the people who find the current Linea underpowered(including me).
Old 26th January 2009, 22:21   #236
BANNED

Quote:
I do remember Tata officials saying that they will ensure that dealers and their staff do not discriminate against Fiat in any way.
Old 27th January 2009, 12:26   #237
BHPian

Herez another story...

A friend of mine booked a Linea Emotion Pack MJD with RF motors 12 days back they promised him a fast delivery, he was supposed to get his car today, but when he enquired about when he should come around to pick his car up, he was given a very good information that his car's got a "little" delayed and it will take just another 40 Days for the delivery. There Goes Fiat down the drain.

huh! toooooo bad! Fake commitments too!

and.... guess these guys never learn! Today also I saw one Silver colour Vista parked infront of RF Bajaj showroom!!!!!!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 27th January 2009 at 12:39.
Old 27th January 2009, 12:40   #238
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that.TATA doesnt have any cars in their stable which can compete with Linea.
With Palio MJD it was a complete story altogether as MJD was pitched against Indica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
A friend of mine booked a Linea Emotion Pack MJD with RF motors 12 days back they promised him a fast delivery, he was supposed to get his car today, but when he enquired about when he should come around to pick his car up, he was given a very good information that his car's got a "little" delayed and it will take just another 40 Days for the delivery. There Goes Fiat down the drain.
I think the dealer might have delivered the car to someone else -who might have paid the dealer for it.

Would like to share a weird experience I had during TD of the Linea.There was another guy for the TD as well.He said he was a lawyer and was a big show off.He was trying to cajole Concorde people to sell him that TD vehicle itself - I couldnt understand how on earth anyone could push to purchase a TD car.Inspite of Concorde people telling him that the official launch was only on 19th Jan(I did the TD on 17th I think),he was was still pushing them.After the TD I asked him what was the hurry about and he replied proudly he wanted to show off to his friends that he bought the car even before it was launched.

There are a few crazy people like him out there :-)
Old 27th January 2009, 13:03   #239
Senior - BHPian

^thats really a crazy thing!.
Old 27th January 2009, 13:08   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post

and.... guess these guys never learn! Today also I saw one Silver colour Vista parked infront of RF Bajaj showroom!!!!!!!
i think your friends car is definitely gonna be used for test drives :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks