Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 21:46   #1

Horrible Experience from Day 7

Hi All,

I have purchased a Hyundai i10 from Lakshmi Himayatnagar in Hyderabad in May first week 2008. From Day 7 the car is giving me the following troubles

1. Screeching noise when in First or Reverse gar and from 0 to 5 km, while pressing on the clutch. - Both services could not remove it. The service guys said its belt noise but it did not get fixed.

2. There is a rattling sound when driving on the right side. Thought its from tyres but its not. This also has not been fixed after second service.

3. Vibration inside the car - makes me feel like Iam driving a 10 year old car and the service guys dont care a damn to fix it.

4. Had problems with Auto lock and the service guys said they replaced the activiator but are unable to produce any receipt for the same.

Also one more thing I heard was that the Hyundai Service station people wont fix a flat tyre is it true?

I have given my car to L.B.Nagar Service Centre in Hdyerabad and will never again do that.

Please help me with your suggestions guidance.

Also if someone can recommend any service station other than even hyundai it will be helpful.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely hope you are not driving one of their test cars, sold off as 'new'.
Old 20th January 2009, 00:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

carfan,
So what does the dealership say regarding your complaints ? How come they havent fixed it till date ? Are you out of your warranty period to check out non-Hyundai workshops ?
Old 20th January 2009, 08:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

The best thing is visiting another authorized service center. They can be of some help. The problems you have mentioned are unheard of in i10. I hope its not true, but there are chances that you are sold an old test drive vehicle as a new car. The problems 1 and 2 indicate this.
Did you follow the PDI list available here ?
Old 20th January 2009, 09:51   #5
BHPian

Better check the manufacture year etc of the car. They may have sold you TD vehicle. Were you offered lot of goodies to divert your attention. Also in the meantime put a mail to Hyundai for the complain so that if can be taken care at priority.
Do you have warranty after one year also. keep the job card details with you for 1st 2 services.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:00   #6
BANNED

My SantroAT which developed belt squeal around the two month mark. Belt squeal is virtually impossible to fix, if it is not due to a loose belt. I have learnt to live with it. I have a feeling that the modern multi-groove belts while providing better grip on the pulleys, may be more prone to this problem.
Old 20th January 2009, 18:38   #7
BHPian

@carfan: try another service centre. Hyundai service centres are known for their efficient service, so maybe some other centre might be able to help you. If nothing else works, try writing to Hyundai. Please maintain your service records for future reference, if needed.
Old 20th January 2009, 20:51   #8
BANNED

How many KMs have you covered before giving it for 1st and 2nd service respectively? And how many KMS have you covered after 2nd service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfan View Post
1. Screeching noise when in First or Reverse gar and from 0 to 5 km, while pressing on the clutch. - Both services could not remove it. The service guys said its belt noise but it did not get fixed.
Belts are loose on the pulley. With the engine switched off, vehicle in parking / hand brake engaged, and keys removed, open the hood and look for the alternator and the belt running through. There would be a diagram in the owner's manual. Press it to see how much it moves. If it moves more than 1 inch, it is loose.

Get them tightened.

Else, try replacing them.

@sgiitk - please note the above.

Quote:
2. There is a rattling sound when driving on the right side. Thought its from tyres but its not. This also has not been fixed after second service.
It is wrong to drive on right side of the road.

If you mean "noise from the right hand side of the car when it is moving" - you need to be more specific. Front or back? inside or outside the cabin? What speed (vehicle and engine) and what gear?

Quote:
3. Vibration inside the car - makes me feel like Iam driving a 10 year old car and the service guys dont care a damn to fix it.
Again, where exactly? You need to be very specific.

Quote:
4. Had problems with Auto lock and the service guys said they replaced the activiator but are unable to produce any receipt for the same.
Do you have any problems with the activator? If not, let it go. They replaced it under warranty, right?

Quote:
Also one more thing I heard was that the Hyundai Service station people wont fix a flat tyre is it true?
True.

Since this is your first post, I suggest you post a bit about your driving style, other cars and vehicles you / family have owned and driven (if any) etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks