Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2012, 14:05   #121
BHPian

Re: Fraud alert - Khivraj Maruti Dealer, Chennai

These are very cheap business tactics being employed by Khivraj. I totally agree with Narayan on this, collect some written evidence first and then take the matter to the higher authorities, else Khivraj can always deny giving you those amounts in the quotations.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:56   #122
BHPian

I was been told by my cab driver that Khivraj is the old name in Chennai and that is the reason he has taken me to them. And coming to the evidences they did not give me the quotation. I tried collecting that but the SA and the SA leader have taken away that quotation from my hand and have not agreed to give the quotation back to me and were yelling at me when I asked to give the quotation back. In this scenario, how I can proceed with complaining against them? I don't have any proof with me now except for the visiting card of the SA.
Old 14th November 2012, 14:58   #123
Senior - BHPian

Ravi
pls refer my above post and try that approach
Old 14th November 2012, 15:33   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Ravi
pls refer my above post and try that approach
Thanks, but I don't have any friends in Chennai who can bring the quote to me again. But anyways as suggested, I have written to Maruti. Let us see what the reply I would get.
Old 14th November 2012, 16:14   #125
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do not let these goons get away with this. Compliant to Maruti and Khivraj higher ups, this is no way to deal with customers and certainly not the way to speak to a lady (pregnant or not). We are used to lack of training/ product knowledge with these "Sales people" at the showrooms but is it too much to ask for basic courtesy?
Old 14th November 2012, 18:36   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. Do not let these goons get away with this. Compliant to Maruti and Khivraj higher ups, this is no way to deal with customers and certainly not the way to speak to a lady (pregnant or not). We are used to lack of training/ product knowledge with these "Sales people" at the showrooms but is it too much to ask for basic courtesy?
Mac187,

Yes, that is my point! When one has to pay from his pocket he has full right to get to the detail. I have not demanded for any offers or deals. I have just asked them to give me the insight of the amount which they only quoted. If they are not wrong and not doing any malpractice what is stopping them to handover the quotation to me? Why they have to pull the quotation from my hand and behave rude when they are genuine? Man they are trying to cheat us on the bright day light and trying to justify saying that everyone is doing the same.

I felt very bad after this experience and that too from Maruti, which is rated high in customer satisfaction.
Old 14th November 2012, 18:46   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Dear Team,

As our family shifted to Chennai we wanted to buy a Ritz again, but Zdi this time. So me and my wife went to Khivraj Maruti in Chennai.
============
My suggestion to people in Chennai and prospective Maruti buyers, please keep yourself away from Khivraj. They are goons and morons.
Which showroom you went? You can check with other dealers they will quote same price. I am also getting RITZ VDI from Khivraj Anna Salai. They did not reduce even a single rupee. After check with other dealer i decided to go with them since service is good at Khivraj. I feel sorry for the incident. It is good to escalate to the manager.
Take a look at this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-26.html#post2956382
Old 14th November 2012, 19:00   #128
Senior - BHPian

Re: *SCAM* Alert : Dealerships overcharging RTO / Road Taxes

Please escalate to MSIL at the earliest. And while you are at it, look at other comparable options from other manufacturers. It is not done to not act like crooks and then behave like louts to the customer who brings in the money.
Old 14th November 2012, 19:39   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by escaflowne View Post
Which showroom you went? You can check with other dealers they will quote same price. I am also getting RITZ VDI from Khivraj Anna Salai. They did not reduce even a single rupee. After check with other dealer i decided to go with them since service is good at Khivraj. I feel sorry for the incident. It is good to escalate to the manager.
Take a look at this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi-check-list-26.html#post2956382
As I am new to Chennai, the fasttrack cab driver told me that Khivraj is a old name in Chennai and took me to the same showroom, Khivraj Motors, Anna Salai.

Thanks for sharing the link. It seems Maruti is acting blind on their dealers in Chennai.

In Hyderabad, the dealers charge you some amount on the name of handling charges and this is mandatory but rest optional things like registration and all they will remove if the customer is not willing to go ahead with them. Even this is the same case with Insurance too. But here in Chennai it seems the dealers have become a union and looting the customers.

By the way what is the amount quoted for you for the extended warrenty? I could not recollect the exact amount how much I paid for my previous Ritz Vdi (ABS), but for sure it is not Rs.7,200/-
Old 14th November 2012, 20:46   #130
BHPian

I don't think kerala has any problem in running other states registred vehicles since the tax is more compared to kerala.
Old 15th November 2012, 10:47   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Please escalate to MSIL at the earliest. And while you are at it, look at other comparable options from other manufacturers. It is not done to not act like crooks and then behave like louts to the customer who brings in the money.
SB, thanks for the suggestion. I will do as you suggested. As I am currently in Bangalore, will try to visit the showroom here and see how they are quoting.
Old 15th November 2012, 12:43   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu
By the way what is the amount quoted for you for the extended warrenty? I could not recollect the exact amount how much I paid for my previous Ritz Vdi (ABS), but for sure it is not Rs.7,200/-
Forget the amount for this scam called extended warranty - it is optional and just don't opt for it when buying Maruti cars for the following reasons :

1) While persuading you to buy the ext. warranty, they will say that it covers everything. But if at all something goes wrong, they will deny warranty, by quoting some fine print saying it is not covered. If it were a Tata vehicle, you should ask for and get the extended warranty, because Tata honours the warranty.

2) You will not need to exercise this warranty in the case of a Suzuki. Unless you have an accident (which anyway is not covered under warranty), there won't be any issues with their cars atleast till 5 years of ownership, if not more.
Old 15th November 2012, 13:15   #133

Quote:
As I am new to Chennai, the fasttrack cab driver told me that Khivraj is a old name in Chennai and took me to the same showroom, Khivraj Motors, Anna Salai.
for extended warranty it is Rs.5027 for RITZ VDI. I am also getting it from Khivraj Motors, Anna Salai. What is the name of the SA?
Old 15th November 2012, 13:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Forget the amount for this scam called extended warranty - it is optional and just don't opt for it when buying Maruti cars
SB, thanks for sharing this valuble info. I am not aware of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escaflowne View Post
for extended warranty it is Rs.5027 for RITZ VDI. I am also getting it from Khivraj Motors, Anna Salai. What is the name of the SA?
The SA name is Senthil and quoted amount Rs.7200/ is for RITZ ZDI. Is there any other way that we can find out the EW amount for the car?
Old 15th November 2012, 14:35   #135

Quote:
SB, thanks for sharing this valuble info. I am not aware of this.

The SA name is Senthil and quoted amount Rs.7200/ is for RITZ ZDI. Is there any other way that we can find out the EW amount for the car?
You can check with ABT. Really good customer service. I was quoted 5500 for EW with ABT. Just visit ABT you will feel comfortable.But the price will be same, if not more.
ABT Maruti - Guindy
(Sales, Serivce & True Value)
102, Mount Road,
Guindy,
Chennai - 600 032

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks