Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 11:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Honda Dealership in Mumbai: Solitaire Honda at Borivali

Honda has opened up a brand new dealership Solitaire Honda consisting of the showroom and workshop in Mumbai at Borivali in the suburbs, just off the Western Express Highway. I think thats a good thing for Honda owners from the suburbs like me. The Linkway at Goregaon on the highway has closed down so all cars go to their Chandivali workshop which is quite far.

I will be paying them a visit to see their facilities and might give them a try when my next service is due.
Old 9th February 2009, 17:27   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

More dealers are always welcome; the more the competition, the better their service & deals. Let us know of your experience Dippy.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. Will check them out when it's time for my next OHC service.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

So I finally got my OHC serviced at Solitaire Honda. It's located in Borivli East, about 2-5 minutes from the flyover which connects East and West. It was earlier a Shreenath Hyundai Dealership and Service center. Good riddance actually, since the Shreenath Hyundai service center had gone to the dogs. Had a great experience there yesterday and today.

My service advisor was a Mr. Rahul K. Nice chatty fellow in his 40s I suppose. Was explained everything they were going to do in their 50k service (My car has run 51k km). Wanted a few extra things done which were done at my own cost. There was some oil leakage which was checked and fixed. The usual oil+oil filter work was done. Surprisingly, they didn't find anything wrong with my suspension which has done around 51000km. There was also a certain squeaking sound between 1100-1500rpm which was checked and fixed.

I had asked for the timing and A/C belts to be replaced, but he called back and told me that neither of them needed replacement. Both of them were re-torqued and that seems to have fixed the A/C belt noise. A special pre-monsoon checkup was done, but I don't know what that included lol. Apart from that, today being World Environment Day, I got a complimentary PUC done at no cost. Lucky for me, since my PUC certificate had expired on the 1st June, unknown to me.

The place is very clean, the ambience is nice, and both the times I went, I was offered coffee/tea immediately. I was attended to in less than 10 minutes on the first day. Today, I was attended to immediately as I entered the svc. center.

The final bill (Rs 5.3k) was 2k above the estimated cost given to me yesterday, but I'll let that pass since there were a few things like the oil leak which both of us were unsure about and would have to wait for a final check from a mechanic.

Mentioned about T-BHP to him, but he wasn't aware of the community.

All in all, I'd recommend fellow T-BHPians around the Borivli area to check the place out. Haven't been to Linkway before so I cannot compare, but I had a very good experience here. Hopefully they stay true and give a good service; there's no reason why I'd get my important car work done anywhere else.

5/5 for the experience!
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2010, 10:05   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bought my pre-owned Civic, and got a major service done from Solitaire Honda last week (Link to full thread).

Bhavin, my service advisor, was extremely co-operative & knowledgeable. He knew what he was talking about, and always made it a point to return my calls without fail. I had asked for a complete major service, prior to delivery (long list of work). He was straight-forward in telling me what jobs were required, and what could be skipped for now. Quality of work was A+, while the major service was quickly completed in less than 24 hours.

Nice to have a customer-centric Honda dealership in Mumbai. Solitaire is located in Borivali, making it a long commute for most of us. However, they do have a pickup and drop-off facility for Hondas. I've been a Linkway Honda customer for many years, but will now use Solitaire's services for the Civic.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:22   #6
BHPian

Solitaire hondas Andheri workshop has also opened now . It is near Veera Desai Area.
Though i have used only their borivili workshop this too should be equally good. Will try it on my next service of honda city coming in April .
Old 11th March 2010, 15:53   #7
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Solitaire hondas Andheri workshop has also opened now . It is near Veera Desai Area.
Though i have used only their borivili workshop this too should be equally good. Will try it on my next service of honda city coming in April .
Where exactly is the service station located ???
There is no mention of it on honda s webiste as well...
this area surely needs a service station for hondas...i have to send my car all the way to chandivali at linkway
Old 14th February 2011, 14:17   #8
DKW
BHPian

Re: New Honda Dealership in Mumbai: Solitaire Honda at Borivali

I need to send my Honda Jazz for it's 2nd free service however I'm not in town to take it to the service station.

Is it safe to avail the pick and drop facility. I stay at Borivli so I'd prefer Solitaire Honda however I've read elsewhere Linkway Honda are good too.

Kindly Advise guys. Thanks.
Old 24th July 2011, 17:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone had any experience with their Andheri branch.May need to go in for a service for my new used civic and am considering the borivali branch and i stay around the vile parle area.

thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 19:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Has anyone had any experience with their Andheri branch.May need to go in for a service for my new used civic and am considering the borivali branch and i stay around the vile parle area.

thanks
I got a paid service done through Solitaire Honda Andher today.Total damage was 4626 rs.Would like to share the experience with you people.Overall i found the service was kind of ok.I had a appointment for 10:AM. I reached at 9:50 and informed the receptionist that i have come for a service.I was asked to seat in the customer lounge which reminds me of a incident with Ichibaan Honda.Me and my friend had gone to service my friends NHC and were asked to be seated in the drivers lounge

Anyways much to my suprise the SA came exactly at 10:AM.Pretty puntucal and a good first impression. Asif,the SA then took me over to my parked car and went over the regular details etc.Got a estimate of rs 4700 and was told i could expect the car anywhere between 3 -6 PM.

He had added synthetic oil and wheel balancing/alignment in the bill.I asked for a mineral oil and no wheel balancing alignment as i am due for a tyre change.Both were agreed to without any persuation or haggling from his side.He also suggested interior cleaning and later on glass polishing and rear brake pads change.I requested him not to carry out the pad change etc as i thought of getting the same done elsewhere. Again here he did not push me to go for the change of pads and agreed as per my wishes.

One small thing i did not like was he had given me his cell no and i tried calling him post 3:PM atleast 6 times but he did not pick up the phone. Anyways i just wanted to get the status of the car so no harm done.Also i had left my PUC cetrificate in the centre console of the car.When i arrived at home it was missing, i guess i have to get it done again.

I reached soliatire at 5:00 PM after getting a call from Asif.I only had to wait for 10 mins to get the car.The work done was explained to me.I found the car was washed properly both outside and inside and was gleaming and looking very beautiful.I made the payment and left the place after taking a look inside the trunk to check the spare tyre etc.I guess a test drive was not needed as there was not much problem with the car which was to be addressed.
So overall quite a good experience, think i will visit them again for the 40K service.Thanks to manishkapadia for sharing his views on Solitaire.
Old 31st July 2012, 20:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Unforunately i had a lousy experience with Solitaire Honda Andheri on my second visit.Below is the linky to same.I would suggest these thugs are only good for a standard service which does involve diagnosing problems and issue.In other words aviod these morons if there is anything wrong with your vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2856915
Old 1st August 2012, 20:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

As a bhpian i strongly appeal and urge to Honda owners bhpian or otherwise to stay away from Solitaire Honda Andheri especially Mr Satish Patel who works as a SA there.This particilaur person would sweet talk you to fix things that may not be necessarily wrong in your car and would also give you a inflated bill much more than estimated one.

After spending close to 25K on repairs my car still seems to have the same issue that it had before i had given the car for repair.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Old 24th July 2022, 19:07   #13
BHPian

Experience with Solitaire Honda Mumbai

Hi All,

I live in Mumbai suburbs, and am thinking of purchasing the New Honda Amaze CVT Petrol (S or VX haven't decided yet).

The two closest Honda showrooms/service centers near my place are the Solitaire Honda - Andheri & Solitaire Honda - Borivali.

I can find two very old threads on the experience of BHPians with these Honda dealerships/service centers:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...apointing.html (Solitaire Honda Service - Disorganised and Dissapointing)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-borivali.html (New Honda Dealership in Mumbai: Solitaire Honda at Borivali)

However since these threads are almost a decade old, I would request fellow BHPians who own Honda cars & have used these two Solitaire Honda dealerships, to plz share their feedback on the buying & after-sales experience of these two dealerships (incl. but not limited to - handling CVT issues/service, warranty claims, pushing for unnecessary replacement of parts, causing damages, overcharging, etc).

Any feedback or guidance would be immensely appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks