Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 20:27   #1
BHPian

I am in a bind! Where do I service my Maruti?

I have had bad experiences, personally with Bimal, Pratham (sarjapur), Viswas Kalyan Nagar, and Suraksha (E' City). If you care to know what happened, I can tell you in a nutshell

Bimal - Ruined my K&N among other small irritants.

Pratham - Added so many scratches on a brand new car, in the name of teflon coat. Brush marks clearly seen. Vowed never to enter that place. Made CEO aware of the issue and he promised a fix. But told him, never, ever will this car get inside your premises.

Suraksha - Insurance fraud. Its a long story... complained to Maruti, royal Sundaram. Been 6 months +, no response

Viswas - I was exasperated with the "big guns" so I decided this small place near my house. On the face of it, everything looked fine. Car wasnt washed properly, but what the heck. They changed the wipers without asking my permission. What the heck. Doesnt matter, everything else is fine no?

Next day, the NEW wiper got spoilt. Turned it on in pouring rain, and it scratched the glass, leaving a nice curved mark for good on it. What the heck? oh... never mind. I am still not really unhappy with them, given my past experiences.

Kitna gir gaya hoon! Bhagwan, ye din dekhne se pehle...

Anyway, the reason I started the thread is not to talk about the past, rather to ask a very simple looking question.

Where do you guys advice I get my car serviced? Maruti Zen, 2005. I really dont want a great experience. I want my car to be serviced. Thats all. I dont want a/c in the waiting room, no need for tea/coffee etc. I just want assurance that my car is being handled like it should.

I stay near Banaswadi and travel to E city via sarjapur everyday. Lemme know if anyone has any suggestions or workarounds to avoid being given a raw deal each and every single time I get my car serviced. I am getting tired of this...

Absolutely any advice will be taken on face value. Just flip a coin.. do something, please decide for me. I am considering local garages at this point, but I dont know anyone reliable
Old 21st February 2009, 20:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ak916,

When you say Surakahaa (e-city) are you referring to the Bomanahalli one, just a few distance before the Silk Board flyover?

Now, with regard to your dilemma, my recommendations will be to go to Mandovi, JP Nagar and search out for a person called Vardhan. PM me for more details if you need.

Next one (if the answer to the first question is NO) will be Surakahaa at Bomanahalli. Seek out a person called Lokesh there. He is aware of T-BHP and give the site reference. You should get a good deal.
Old 21st February 2009, 20:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ak916,

When you say Surakahaa (e-city) are you referring to the Bomanahalli one, just a few distance before the Silk Board flyover?

Now, with regard to your dilemma, my recommendations will be to go to Mandovi, JP Nagar and search out for a person called Vardhan. PM me for more details if you need.

Next one (if the answer to the first question is NO) will be Surakahaa at Bomanahalli. Seek out a person called Lokesh there. He is aware of T-BHP and give the site reference. You should get a good deal.

Hi - Thanks for your suggestion. I am referring to the one about 2 KMs after the BMW showroom, on the left (while going towards E'city). JP nagar is a little far for me. I can try this Suraksha, the one closer to silkboard. Thats the one you mention, right? As such, I just want the car serviced. Not looking for discounts or such
Old 21st February 2009, 20:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
... I can try this Suraksha, the one closer to silkboard. Thats the one you mention, right? As such, I just want the car serviced. Not looking for discounts or such
Yup, the one close to Silk Board flyover, it is on the left side while coming towards SilkBoard.

The service there is good. Have done it 2 times and have found it to be good. And no, as any of us here, the recommendation is for getting any discount or free tea, just for a good work on your vehicle.

Will PM you the number of the SA that I had mentioned about. This is the person who AKroy swears by and Khan_Sultan has a new found trust after his crawlers were installed in his Gypsy.
Old 21st February 2009, 20:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Is this Bimal Motors the same one that one of bhpian had an ordeal during test drive.

We are getting more complain of this MASS day by day.
Old 21st February 2009, 21:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Is this Bimal Motors the same one that one of bhpian had an ordeal during test drive.

Hey, they have got a reputation to take care of!
Old 21st February 2009, 21:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post

Bimal Motors, Hoodi. If you really want to be bowled over, just try their showroom. I remember I had this growing itch, to get a Baleno 2 years ago. I went there, and the itch simple went away. Actually, I have to be thankful to them for that. Nothing wrong with the Baleno, but it was a stupid idea to have yet another car so soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hey, they have got a reputation to take care of!

Hey thanks for the contact info! I am going to get it serviced there, in the beginning of next week.
Old 21st February 2009, 21:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
...Hey thanks for the contact info! I am going to get it serviced there, in the beginning of next week.
Just so that we do not confuse anyone, ak916 is referring about going to Surakshaa and not Bimal.

@Ak916 - anytime mate. I hope you get the work done to your satisfaction.
Old 22nd February 2009, 13:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

AK916, tryout the RNS Motors on the Hosur Road near to your place and Yeshwantpur, they are a lot of trusted guys by which they are No.1 in Maruti Service for a long time.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:04   #10
BHPian

Ive experienced pretty good service at the place near Banaswadi called 'Viswas Udyog"

They give great personal attention to your car and are very proactive especially in trouble shooting. Ive been going there for over a year for both my Esteem and my wifey's Zen. No issues at all till date.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
AK916, tryout the RNS Motors on the Hosur Road near to your place and Yeshwantpur
I thought Sagar Automobiles were the best. I may be wrong as I have never tried RNS.
But @AK917, try out Sagar too if nothing works. Maybe it might be too far from your place but, just in case nothing works.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Ive experienced pretty good service at the place near Banaswadi called 'Viswas Udyog"

They give great personal attention to your car and are very proactive especially in trouble shooting. Ive been going there for over a year for both my Esteem and my wifey's Zen. No issues at all till date.
ak916 has already mentioned in his post the problems that he had with Vishwas. However, we service our office van in Vishwas and have not had any problems with him till date.

I get my vehicles serviced at a MASS in Malleswaram, will provide you with the details if you are interested.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

I tried servicing in Bimal Kanakpura Road, Mandovi J.P. Nagar, Bimal Whitefield. Every time I did servicing with Bimal I had to revisit them atleast 2 - 3 time to correct unwanted problems due to their servicing. I must say all Bimal Service Station are unprofessionals. SA or Bimals are bit crude and they would not try to listen you after servicing. Due to clutch breakdown on ORR I sent my car to Pratham there also I was not having pleasant experience.

I did servicing at Mandovi, J. P. Nagar twice and never had to revisit there to correct any problems. But now it is very far from my place. They thoroughly check car before delivery. I like it.

I am also looking any good MASS near Whitefield where I can trust and they can do job well. Travelling 20+ Kms for servicing is real pain.

Suraksha at Bomanahalli is very good but still far from whitefield.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

Dealer's M.A.S.S are always rip off , Since you are in South Bangalore there are two good places to try both with in 500 meters to each other.

1. Green Cars Koramangla :
It is on 80 feet road when come from National games village towards Sony world junction it will be towards your left.

The prices are same as other M.A.S.S and now a days labor charges at MASS are not cheap.
They have a good paint shop so if you need any paint work this is a good place.

2. Ali and Sons 4th block Koramangla.

I got recommendation for this garage from T-BHP itself . This is a good garage and not a rip off like other M.A.S.S.
It is also on 80 feet road if you go from Maharaja hotel towards Sony world it will be on your left , I think it is 16th main ( Next to Chinmaya Vidyalaya)

This thread is a living testimonial to the fact that picture at M.A.S.S is not as rosy as it is made out to be. In fact I find much maligned Tata Motors workshops ( Concord Hosur road and Prerna ) much better then most of the M.A.S.S

Last edited by amitk26 : 3rd September 2009 at 11:44.
Old 4th September 2009, 20:24   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I tried servicing in Bimal Kanakpura Road, Mandovi J.P. Nagar, Bimal Whitefield. Every time I did servicing with Bimal I had to revisit them atleast 2 - 3 time to correct unwanted problems due to their servicing. I must say all Bimal Service Station are unprofessionals. SA or Bimals are bit crude and they would not try to listen you after servicing. Due to clutch breakdown on ORR I sent my car to Pratham there also I was not having pleasant experience.

Suraksha at Bomanahalli is very good but still far from whitefield.
Perfectly agree on the Bimal Portion here! Exactly my experience, with Bimal Whitefield. My phone book is full with all their service Engineers, works Manager etc (Arun, Dayal, Prabhu, Prasanna to name some). Have had very bad experience, unwanted, unexpected problems after servicing and re-visiting 2-3 times to resolve them, after travelling some 15 kms from my home, and then long wait time at Bimal lobby to get some time attention from the works manager finally to say that everything is fine or come next day. Horrible experience. I stopped going to Bimal for last 2 years.

What I realised and I was amazed to see the number of vehicles serviced in a day at the whole Bimal and also the number of vehicles handled by single works manager (more than 10 cars approximately) in a day was very high and they are not able to pay attention to detail for any particular vehicle.

And Suraksha at Bommanahalli is the place I take my car for servicing, and Lokesh is the contact. Suraksha has delivered according to my expectations in terms of service and attention to the problems. also the interactions were good and I can vouch for that from my personal experience, and also the experiences through my brother and other friends!

Yes but its far from whitefield though, but Suraksha might be able to arrange for a home pickup - pls try out

Regards,
narayanang76

Most Viewed