Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 09:49   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post

I have a similar kind of doubt. We own a Swift VXi (2010 make, done 21K kms). The front suspension (mostly left side) makes a khat-khat/clanking sort of noise on bad roads. The sound is made only if the vehicle is turning on bad roads. It is rare if the front wheels are in a straight position. This was pointed out to the service center earlier, but they couldn't diagnose it. Any pointers on what it could be? The next service is due in March, maybe I will ask the service center again about the issue.
As the sound is only on turn it indicates drive shaft issue.
Get the drive shafts checked .
Usually replacement will solce this issue.
Cost is approximately 3500 rupees for each side.

Last edited by amitk26 : 8th March 2014 at 09:51.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 19:49   #362
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Its either the Stabiliser or the caliper pins which need greasing. NO biggie.
The sound is came up when the car was 1 year old, and is present ever since then as the service center is unable to diagnose it. I doubt whether a less than one year old car would require greasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
As the sound is only on turn it indicates drive shaft issue.
Get the drive shafts checked .
Usually replacement will solce this issue.
Cost is approximately 3500 rupees for each side.
Thanks for your opinion. The service is due this month and we will definitely report the problem again. These days the car ventures on bad roads often, so it would be easy to check whether it has been solved or not.
Old 8th March 2014, 20:21   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sound is came up when the car was 1 year old, and is present ever since then as the service center is unable to diagnose it. I doubt whether a less than one year old car would require greasing.
A caliper pins grease can dry out in 1 month, 6 months or 1 year. Its a known issue with the Swifts. Brand new cars have been seen to have a caliper pin noise.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 23:25   #364
Senior - BHPian

Okay. Didn't know that, humyum. Now, a few questions before giving the car for servicing. This is the 4 yrs/40K service of the car (VXi variant), but it has run only ~21K km. Amongst the items which the Owner's manual recommends replacing in this service, I am not sure whether the following really needs replacing after 21K kms:
  1. Coolant
  2. Spark plug
  3. Air filter
  4. Fuel filter
  5. Transmission oil
  6. Brake fluid
  7. Brake piston and boot kit.
Coolant, transmission oil, brake fluid were replaced in the 2 yrs service (odo reading ~10K) as the car was under warranty at that time hence did everything as prescribed.

Experts, need your advice on whether any of the above needs to be changed due to age factor or will it be ok to continue with existing parts as the odo reading is less.
Old 9th March 2014, 23:53   #365
BANNED

Quote:
Experts, need your advice on whether any of the above needs to be changed due to age factor or will it be ok to continue with existing parts as the odo reading is less.
Replace all as moat of items mentioned deteriorate with time too even if distances haven't been clocked. This is the reason manuals indicate 'odometer/time interval with whichever is earlier'

To me, I'll replace all for a peace of mind and ownership experience.

Anurag.
Old 10th March 2014, 12:30   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay. Didn't know that, humyum. Now, a few questions before giving the car for servicing. This is the 4 yrs/40K service of the car (VXi variant), but it has run only ~21K km. Amongst the items which the Owner's manual recommends replacing in this service, I am not sure whether the following really needs replacing after 21K kms:
  1. Coolant
  2. Spark plug
  3. Air filter
  4. Fuel filter
  5. Transmission oil
  6. Brake fluid
  7. Brake piston and boot kit.
Coolant, transmission oil, brake fluid were replaced in the 2 yrs service (odo reading ~10K) as the car was under warranty at that time hence did everything as prescribed.

Forgo the Air filter from the list depending on the condition. Take it out and check if the pores are not completely coming out from the air filter material. If not, forget changing it. If you are okay just for the peace of mind of changing it, then go ahead.

Rest everything you will need to replace as per schedule.
Old 1st April 2014, 22:39   #367
BHPian

Diesel -Glow plug covered in EW

Glow plug going faulty is a known issue in Maruti DDIS vehicles.This is covered under extended warranty and should be replaced free of cost .

The dealers are not aware of it and may charge the customer, posted it here for passing on the information.
Old 15th April 2014, 16:20   #368
BHPian

Got my ZDI serviced for 30k kms at MSM Chennai. Total bill was Rs 7600 (with mineral oil). Had complained of
1) Squeaking noise from the rear left suspension
2) Boom sound (lugging like sound) at 1.8k or 2k (peak torque rpm) when accelerating in 4th or 5th gear.
3) oil leak near the front drive shaft suspecting a seal failure

They replaced the rear left shocks (Rs. 1302) and the rear beam assembly (Rs. 10576) under warranty as there was a squeaking noise coming from it. EGR was cleaned and they traced the issue of oil leak to Intermediate drive shaft needing replacement but part was not available. Have to take the vehicle back once it arrives.

EGR cleaning seems to be a big loot but could not avoid it as it states that EGR needs cleaning every 30k kms per the manual.

Even after cleaning the EGR, I still get the boom sound and vibration at 1800- 2000 rpm on 4th and 5th gear. Have this problem ever since they changed the transmission oil at 20k service. I also shifted to mineral during the same 20k service. I will wait till they fix the drive shaft stuff before taking the issue again.

Labor Charges were as follows
a) Paid Service Rs 1225
b) EGR Valve and/or gasket- dohc R & R - Rs 3200
c) Mud flap fitting - Rs 105 (I had asked for new mud flaps to be fitted).

Total Labor Rs 5089
Consumables, mud flap and other parts - Rs 2513.92
Total Rs 7604.

Total Service cost at MSM till date:
a) 30K - 7600 (mineral oil at Rs 740)
b) 20k - 6423 (mineral oil @ Rs 740)
c) 15k - 2735 (no oil change)
d) 10k free service - 4653 (synthetic oil @ Rs. 3316 )
Total: 21,415

Outside
25K service done outside at Ignite Garage : Rs 3100 (Shell HX7 oil @ 1325 for 3.5L)
Wheel alignment : 6 times Rs 1800)
Balancing : : 3 times (Rs 1000)
Fog lamp : Rs 550
100/90 fused bulbs: 300 * 4 Rs 1200
Total : 29065
Maintenance Cost per km (without electrical i.e. bulb fuses etc) : Rs 1/km so far.

Mineral oil change at every 5K (including 2 oil filter changes) Rs 2162
Synthetic oil change at every 10k (including 1 oil filter change) Rs 3657
Difference between synthetic and mineral for every 10k service - Rs 1495

The service charges for regular service at Ignite Garage in Chennai also seems to be on par with MASS. Air filter, oil filter was slightly higher in Ignite than in MSM. I do get some discounts at MSM and could be the reason for it. The car has done 30k in two years and will move into extended warranty period starting next month and wondering whether it makes sense to forgo the extended warranty and start servicing it outside.
Old 15th April 2014, 16:51   #369
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but my Dzire VDI has this issue with slotting into first gear and reverse gear from stationary. This is not always but happens quite frequently. The car has done 10k kms and the third free servicing was done, and I had mentioned the issue all three times and yet it resurfaces few days after the service. What could be the issue? Only the 1st and the reverse gear are the issue.
Old 15th April 2014, 17:35   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but my Dzire VDI has this issue with slotting into first gear and reverse gear from stationary. This is not always but happens quite frequently. The car has done 10k kms and the third free servicing was done, and I had mentioned the issue all three times and yet it resurfaces few days after the service. What could be the issue? Only the 1st and the reverse gear are the issue.
I suspect its the synchro rings. Is your car still under warranty?My swift Vdi is facing the same issue.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 15th April 2014 at 17:36.
Old 18th April 2014, 00:01   #371
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I suspect its the synchro rings. Is your car still under warranty? My swift Vdi is facing the same issue.
A few questions:

1) What does MASS say on your case?

2) Did they open the gearbox and check?

3) Is your car under warranty?

4) Have you the syncro-rings?

Anurag.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:12   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on Transmission Fluid replacement Interval:

Not sure if someone has posted this in any of the other threads but MSIL has now confirmed Transmission Oil change interval from 20000 kms earlier to 40000 kms from now for all DDiS vehicles (Swift, Ritz, Dzire, SX4, Ertiga).

The Dealer workshop did not replace the transmission oil during the 20k Service of my Ertiga and quoted the above reason.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 18:21   #373
BHPian

Quote:
What could be the issue? Only the 1st and the reverse gear are the issue.
Any update on the issue. I feel it has to be the synchro rings. Will be changed under warranty without any issues. Faced the same slotting problem with 1st and 2nd gear on my Swift Zdi, got them changed at 41k. The car has now done 48k's, but it seems to be getting back again. Will get it checked at the 50k service.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 30th June 2014 at 18:22.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:29   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Any update on the issue. I feel it has to be the synchro rings. Will be changed under warranty without any issues. Faced the same slotting problem with 1st and 2nd gear on my Swift Zdi, got them changed at 41k. The car has now done 48k's, but it seems to be getting back again. Will get it checked at the 50k service.
Guys guys, don't directly jump to bigger conclusions without trying the smaller ones out. Bleed the clutch and check, a hard first gear shifting and reverse shifting happens because of air in the clutch system too. Try this one out and see what the outcome is. This is for both of you.
Old 30th June 2014, 18:29   #375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Update on Transmission Fluid replacement Interval:

Not sure if someone has posted this in any of the other threads but MSIL has now confirmed Transmission Oil change interval from 20000 kms earlier to 40000 kms from now for all DDiS vehicles (Swift, Ritz, Dzire, SX4, Ertiga).

The Dealer workshop did not replace the transmission oil during the 20k Service of my Ertiga and quoted the above reason.
Thank you Parag for the information.

So there shall be a circular sent to all MASS on this subject soon I guess. The grade is 75W90 or is there any change?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks