Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 21:04   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Service Center: Vitesse Prabhadevi. Worst experience ever.
Please call up the Maruti helpline and report this incident.

And it'll be fantastic if you have the copy of the 12k & 9k bill. Even if you don't, please do report it.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:52   #422
BHPian

Service done on 24/08/2014.
@ Batra Car Care Center, Humayun Road, Opposite Khan Market, New Delhi.
Due to certain reasons Lady Eowyn (2007 Alto Lxi) needed urgent repairs to fix the fuel line. The prognosis by the S.A. at MASS was that the following rubber parts needed to be replaced:
1. Tank to fuel filter fuel hose (its a funny shaped pipe, like an S that forgot to complete itself)
2. Fuel Filter to Fuel Line Hose (Fuel Line=the metal fuel line that runs the length of the underbody, and protected by a metal guard. I think (subject to correction) the brake lines too run along this channel)
3. Fuel filter.

For two little hoses of rubber and a fuel filter, the total bill came to, Rs. 1104!! .

I mean the total length of the hoses was not even 1 mtr. and the service center took back the excess hose left after the repair was complete. However since it's a question of safety of the car and the occupants, and the parts were MGP, I did not complain. The work was done professionally and I was permitted to watch exactly how they went about replacing the parts. No complaints at all.
I'm attaching an invoice copy, sorry about the terrible quality, but I do not possess a scanner and this is a mobile phone scan (using camscanner)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-untitled.gif  

Old 11th September 2014, 23:18   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Please call up the Maruti helpline and report this incident.

And it'll be fantastic if you have the copy of the 12k & 9k bill. Even if you don't, please do report it.
Every time I serviced my car I always got a call from Maruti asking about the experience.
Till this time the service was good and I always gave a positive feedback.

I was waiting for the same, but I did not get that call.

Unfortunately I do not have the 12k and 9k receipts.

I had asked for it, but I got a "sorry sir" and a microfiber cloth in return.
Microfiber cloth as a gesture of good will from Vitesse.

Anyways this incidence took place around 8 months back, on the 40k servicing.

Now let's see what drama takes unfolds on the 50K servicing.
Any clue as to how much can I expect the cost of servicing in Mumbai.?
Old 11th September 2014, 23:49   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
New Vehicle Sales Staff gets incentives on the vehicle sales while the Service Advisors get incentives on the Revenue they generate on Service. So their prime focus is always on inflating the Service Bill. I am not saying that they charge you wrongly for the services or parts, its just that they would ask you to approve of something that your car primarily does not need.
Totally agree to this. They also feed on our fear. And its the same with almost all service centers. My dad gave his Amaze for the first service at Peninsular Honda, Cochin and came back with the bill of about 4k. The SA asked him to fill a solution into tubeless tyres to prevent punctures. I asked him not to, but the fear the SA put in his mind got the better of him. I tried telling my dad that tubeless tyres doesnt lose air like the normal ones and he will be able to reach a puncture shop somehow.
Old 18th September 2014, 20:51   #425
BHPian

I went for Service after a gap of 6 months from my 20K service which was done at 13500 km because 2 years elapsed. Vehicle is RITZ VDI. People scared me that for Diesel vehicle you should service as per time and not look at Kilometers driven. So I went. Since no fluids are to be replaced, I thought bill will be minimum. But I was flabbergasted to see abill of nearly 4100/-.

Pl see the bill

Now continuing.. After seeing the bill the SA prompted me for a service pack for 13600 which I can have service for 6 times in 3 years and this service will also be included! That means straightaway 3000 rs labour is reduced. I fell for it ! Now how foolish one can get? I really repent!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-indus16sepr1.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2014 at 22:18. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 18th September 2014, 21:58   #426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Since no fluids are to be replaced, I thought bill will be minimum. But I was flabbergasted to see a bill of nearly 4100/-.
I am flabbergasted too actually.

As you said no fluids were replaced, the bill of 4.1 K is high. I am sorry but the wheel alignment and balancing is a waste at MASS. You can do it outside for a better price and better results.

Can you answer a few questions:
  1. What is this 'special checkup format - Rs 755'?
  2. Did you report any issues with brakes?
  3. Blower cleaning - seems costly though

EDIT:

Add 2-3K if fluids are changed so taking bill to 7-8K!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 20:56   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am flabbergasted too actually.

As you said no fluids were replaced, the bill of 4.1 K is high. I am sorry but the wheel alignment and balancing is a waste at MASS. You can do it outside for a better price and better results.

Can you answer a few questions:
  1. What is this 'special checkup format - Rs 755'?Special check up format is the normal check up done for any vehicle brought for Service
  2. Did you report any issues with brakes? Yes, I complained about less bite in the braking
  3. Blower cleaning - seems costly though
EDIT:

Add 2-3K if fluids are changed so taking bill to 7-8K!

Anurag.
My points in BOLD given along with the quote. Then what do you think of the service pack from Maruti? Any experience?
Old 19th September 2014, 21:15   #428
BANNED

Quote:
Then what do you think of the service pack from Maruti? Any experience?
In the 4 years of servicing with MASS, this is the first time I am seeing this point in the service bill.

I have no clue what it means hence asked you. Can you loit out the points that were checked on your car?

Anurag.
Old 19th September 2014, 22:55   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My points in BOLD given along with the quote. Then what do you think of the service pack from Maruti? Any experience?
The service pack is from Indus Motors not Maruti and you can get the services done only at Indus. My cousin was also canvassed into this service pack by Indus.

Quote:
After seeing the bill the SA prompted me for a service pack for 13600 which I can have service for 6 times in 3 years and this service will also be included!
Only three service is required in three years, once every year, if you are following Maruti's service recommendation.

Do they cover labour in this service pack if you avail any running repairs or is it just for service labour?
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 19:14   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the 4 years of servicing with MASS, this is the first time I am seeing this point in the service bill.

I have no clue what it means hence asked you. Can you loit out the points that were checked on your car?

Anurag.
The Service pack is from Indus Motors. Not Maruti. The ither special check up is nothing special, it is the standard 42 point check on the vehicle. Which by the way should have included brakes also. Since I told about reduction in bite, they put brake overhauling and charged 790 rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The service pack is from Indus Motors not Maruti and you can get the services done only at Indus. My cousin was also canvassed into this service pack by Indus.

Only three service is required in three years, once every year, if you are following Maruti's service recommendation.

Do they cover labour in this service pack if you avail any running repairs or is it just for service labour?
The SA told every 6 months it is to be serviced hence, 6 services in 3 years, so I thought it is attractive. SA told that the labour is free if it is normal service, not accident service.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th September 2014 at 19:58.
Old 20th September 2014, 19:23   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Which by the way should have included brakes also. Since I told about reduction in bite, they put brake overhauling and charged 790
Why haven't they done any troubleshooting for the brakes issue that you reported?

Quote:
The SA told every 6 months it is to be serviced hence, 6 services in 3 years, so I thought it is attractive. SA told that the labour is free if it is normal service, not accident service.
Isn't the servicing every 1 year or 10K kms? Or is this service interval only for the new cars?

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th September 2014 at 19:31.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:29   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yours must be the 2012 Ritz isn't it? For this the service is to be done once every year or once every 10000KM. 5000KM or 6 month service is for older cars.

Anyway now that you have paid for it make use of it, unless you can get them to refund you and cancel this package.
Old 21st September 2014, 21:07   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yours must be the 2012 Ritz isn't it? For this the service is to be done once every year or once every 10000KM. 5000KM or 6 month service is for older cars.

Anyway now that you have paid for it make use of it, unless you can get them to refund you and cancel this package.
Yes, mine is 2012 February RITZ VDI. I really do not why MARUTI DEALERS themselves misinform customers
Old 21st September 2014, 21:15   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti dealers, or for that matter any service station are always ready to make a fool out of customers. However, its the manufacturer who knows your car best. So I always make it a point to strictly follow user manual or carry out a replacement if a part is threatening to poise a problem in future. Not a single penny other than that.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 21:30   #435
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, mine is 2012 February RITZ VDI. I really do not why MARUTI DEALERS themselves misinform customers
Sorry to say but you are at fault equally. The service advisor (SA) will talk non-sense so that he earns brownie points on getting a car serviced with those "extra" jobs that aren't actually needed.

You should have read the manual or at least had a look to know what is really required to be done. The SA will say a million things but just don't give them a heed.

Remember one thing, always follow the owners manual, the manufacturer knows the car better and NOT the dealer.

The service interval is 10000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st September 2014 at 21:38.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks