Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2015, 11:35   #526
BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
A few questions to you:

1) Did you ask for brake cleaning and caliper greasing?

2) Is it compulsory for Wheel alignment and balancing to be done at MASS?

3) Were you having issues with power delivery or sluggishness?

The next time you visit them please ask them to give a proper printed bill along with 'correct' spellings.

"Clining" and "Grissing" is a bit too much for a MASS. Looks like the bill was issued by an FNG.
1. No. However, after the so called "Clining" and "Grissing", Front left wheel has started making noises which disappear when I engage the brake.

2. Yes, As Parag also pointed out, Need to perform it "at MASS only" to honor the warranty conditions.

3. Had no issues with power delivery. Gonna skip it from next time onwards.

I clearly failed to give them the clear instructions.

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 14th June 2015 at 11:49.
Old 14th June 2015, 13:42   #527
BHPian

Seems Maruti has stopped customer support to MASS other than dealer workshops. I raised a complaint about "High-tech garage, Kochulloor", to their email, but didn't even received a reply. Tried to raise a complaint in their website, but it is designed in such a way that it will only accept complaints from dealer workshops. Even their call centre CRM is designed so. Seems they have to limit the service workshops to dealerships only.

So folks who are using MASS other than dealerwork shops, beware. Maruti will not support you, if there is any issue with the work done in the workshop.

Last edited by ontheroad : 14th June 2015 at 13:44.
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 22:13   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Seems Maruti has stopped customer support to MASS other than dealer workshops. I raised a complaint about "High-tech garage, Kochulloor", to their email, but didn't even received a reply. Tried to raise a complaint in their website, but it is designed in such a way that it will only accept complaints from dealer workshops. Even their call centre CRM is designed so. Seems they have to limit the service workshops to dealerships only.

So folks who are using MASS other than dealerwork shops, beware. Maruti will not support you, if there is any issue with the work done in the workshop.
It has been like that from a long time ago. MASS is just your FNG which is instructed to work in certain ways and they have access to MGP. Also they get reimbursed for any free service they carry out. Apart from that, there's no control over them. I had a few bad experiences from the nearby MASS after which I stopped going to them even for the smallest stuff.

However the customer care did do a fantastic job when we had lost the keys of our Omni in farm and the MASS promised they would get it for us. This took two weeks and yet they kept giving assurances. After contacting the customer care and lodging a complaint, we came to know that the MASS hadn't even requested the key and they couldn't do it either. Later they contacted the dealer and we had the keys programmed to the car within three days. That was a fantastic job they did. However nothing could be done to the MASS.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:02   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
* Was there any requirement of painting the engine room ?
* How much did the job cost ?
Quote:
2) When the job card was prepared did they write Engine compartment painting?

Can you post a picture of the bill?

Even though the description is engine room painting, it is just a cosmetic job and they have painted the outer surface with a resinous, oily substance saying that it will prevent rusting.

It was not at all needed and was just another excuse to inflate the bill. Attaching my invoice.
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-swift-bill.jpg
Old 15th June 2015, 23:17   #530
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumarsarat View Post
Even though the description is engine room painting, it is just a cosmetic job and they have painted the outer surface with a resinous, oily substance saying that it will prevent rusting.
Does this look like a teflon coating on the engine compartment and the whole engine itself to make it look clean and dirt free for long? Does it feel rough when touched?

Can you post the picture for understanding! Thanks.

So MASS has now gone to 0W40 from 5W40 for the MGDO! For my 40K service they filled in 5W40 synthetic.

What is this noise suppressor sheet?
Old 16th June 2015, 00:27   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post the picture for understanding! Thanks.

What is this noise suppressor sheet?
+1

However, would like to point out the significant reduction in cost of noise suppressor sheet (Part no 90900M10151).

Nov 2012: INR 32.24/piece

Source:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...182-a-163.html

Jun 2015: INR 8.73/piece

* Cost efficiency of almost 73% in 2.5 years. Commendable!

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 16th June 2015 at 00:28.
Old 16th June 2015, 00:32   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

What is this noise suppressor sheet??
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 00:34   #533
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

+1

However, would like to point out the significant reduction in cost of noise suppressor sheet (Part no 90900M10151).
Need more details on this part. Where us it fit and how. What did it make them use this. I haven't heard of this before hence the curiosity. Pictures would help too.

If it really works then I'll get for my Swift. It needs many sheets.
Old 16th June 2015, 00:46   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it really works then I'll get for my Swift. It needs many sheets.
Why do you say so buddy? Why kind of noise do you want to suppress, i found the engine noise to be acceptable or is this sheet used to stop rattles/squeaks?
Old 16th June 2015, 00:48   #535
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Why do you say so buddy? Why kind of noise do you want to suppress, i found the engine noise to be acceptable or is this sheet used to stop rattles/squeaks?
Been 48K kms but no earls or squeals till date. Touchwood.

Engine noise is too much above 90 kmph. Road noise traffic noise is also on the higher side.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 01:30   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Been 48K kms but no earls or squeals till date. Touchwood.
Engine noise is too much above 90 kmph. Road noise traffic noise is also on the higher side.
It is good to note that the car is holding up so well at 48k kms unlike the previous generation Swift. My friend recently acquired a ZDi and he has clocked 10k kms so far, i found the engine noise levels to be acceptable but the traffic/road noise filters in at an alarmingly high rate, it is a well known trait with this car. The underbody coating + good quality damping sheets (used in audio installs) in doors may cut down outside noise.
Old 16th June 2015, 02:23   #537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It is good to note that the car is holding up so well at 48k kms unlike the previous generation Swift. My friend recently acquired a ZDi and he has clocked 10k kms so far, i found the engine noise levels to be acceptable but the traffic/road noise filters in at an alarmingly high rate, it is a well known trait with this car. The underbody coating + good quality damping sheets (used in audio installs) in doors may cut down outside noise.
Engine noise I can forgo but the road/traffic noise is irritating when this was never the issue with my older car a.k.a the Ritz VDi.

I feel adding thicker windows to dampen some sound.

Why Maruti, Why?!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 19:03   #538
BHPian

Quote:
I feel adding thicker windows to dampen some sound.
Why Maruti, Why?!
Totally agree.

If this is what a repeat customer of Maruti feels like, it is really a sad state of taking the Indian customer for granted at India's largest automotive company.

I do not understand how companies can resort to such extreme levels of cost cutting and exploit the customer. Seems that the country needs a law specifying the thickness of auto glasses.
Old 21st July 2015, 21:23   #539
BHPian

I am using a 2011 model sx4 zdi that has clocked 64000 kms. I am from Kerala. Took a service pack from Indus motors( a maruti dealer with highest number of workshops in kerala). The cost is 11400 Rs. In this pack I will get free labour for 3 years,unlimited kms from their work shops. Wheel alignment and balancing is free. washing is free at service at each 10000 kms. Other times washing can be done at a discounted rate of 250 rs( actual price is 350). Any mechanical complaint/service will be dealt without labour charges like clutch change, timing chain change, suspension work,engine rebuild (will have to pay for outside lathe work). Accident work, painting, underbody coating, fixing car mat /audio not covered. I run approx 20000 kms every year. Total labour charge for 60000kms plus wheel alignment balancing will add up to this 11400 or more. Hence I feel that that this service pack is good. What do you think about it?
Old 20th August 2015, 19:28   #540
BHPian

Got the long pending clutch replacement for my 2008 Alto today. The vehicle had run 35K extensively in Bangalores' stop and crawl traffic. Below is the bill for everybodys' reference:

Seal, Oil 74.24
Flywheel 1074.24
Bearing, input shaft 103.06
Clutch set 1895.2
Bearing, clutch release 506.55
Cable assembly, clutch rh 204.37
Seal oil, diff side rh 74.24
Seal, front diff left side oil 45.41
Screw kit 13.96
4 way spray 87.18
Consumable 29.48
Clutch overhaul (labor) 1490
VAT 595.61
Service tax 208.6

Total: 6402.14

Not sure what '4 way spray' is. Everything else looks like what I'd have liked to replace.

Post the job, the rattles and jerks (of clutch/release bearing origin) are gone and the vehicle feels so much better. I only wish they'd thrown in a free wash/clean when I was running up a not-so-insignificant bill. Mentioned that to the SA and the response was 'wash bays are full'. Yeah, right...

Most Viewed