Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 20:00   #541
BANNED

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Not sure what '4 way spray' is. Everything else looks like what I'd have liked to replace.
All amounts in the bill look sensible and no overcharging IMO.

Look at the below image for the data on 4-way Spray:

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-untitled.jpg

Has all the information. Posting a link too.

SOURCE: 4-way Spray
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 15:40   #542
BHPian

I was thinking of buying a Swift Vdi lately, and went to the showroom to enquire about it. While enquiring about the service chargers for the car for routine services, the SE mentioned that the service charges per service is Rs. 2200/- exluding oil, filters and consumables. Parts & labour for replacements is extra.

On the contrary, I get my Aveo serviced at a nominal service charge of 1500/- and total service turns out to be Rs.3400 for oil and filters change. I believe Chevrolet's are getting cheaper to maintain now! Even, the service charges for Beat and Sail are cheaper than the Swift. (That's what the SA told me)

(All prices are without taxes)
Old 23rd August 2015, 19:58   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
While enquiring about the service chargers for the car for routine services, the SE mentioned that the service charges per service is Rs. 2200/- exluding oil, filters and consumables. Parts & labour for replacements is extra.
That seems on the higher side. In Mumbai, the paid servicing costed around 1400-1500 for the Swift until a few months ago. That was for our petrol Swift, but IMO it would be similar for Diesel too.
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:05   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

That is definitely on the higher side, I guess it is something related to city and location, still 2200 is way higher and sounds impossible.
MASS in my city also charges approx 1400 as the service charge for the paid service of Swift.

Hyundai does have a city wise different rate approach, even if Maruti follows the same, it simply sounds impossible that one city will have Rs.1400 as the rate while other one will have Rs.2200. Maximum difference will be of a couple of hundreds, not more than that!!

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 08:59   #545
Team-BHP Support

My 72000km service for my swift came to 16K. It included a full engine oil change, cleaning out the a/c coil and replacing a couple of gaskets. Note, this is a 6 monthly service. My Jetta costed around the same for an annual service.

While changing the gaskets, rocker cover and differential, Mandovi (Wilson Garden) never bothered to clean the engine and let the old oil dribble. This lead to oil leaking all over. My apartment watchmen were cursing.

Wasted a whole Sunday morning going back to Mandovi and getting the engine cleaned up.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2015 at 12:33. Reason: Typo corrected
Old 24th August 2015, 09:12   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
My 72000km service for my swift came to 16K. It included a full engine oil change, cleaning out the a/c coil and replacing a couple of gaskets. Note, this is a 6 monthly service. My Jetta costed around the same for an annual service.

While changing the gaskets, rocker cover and differentail, Mandovi (Wilson Garden) never bothered to clean the engine and let the old oil dribble. This lead to oil leaking all over. My apartment watchmen were cursing.

Wasted a whole sunday morning going back to Mandovi and getting the engine cleaned up.
A break up of tasks would help understand that 16K bill. 72000 kms and 16K is means a lot even if all fluids are changed.

Would be interesting to see the parts replaced and tasks carried out.

Annual service of a Jetta vs 72,000 kms service for the Swift. There can be many aspects to the latter.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2015 at 10:55. Reason: Quoted post corrected
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 10:05   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
16K is really on the higher side. It would help if you can put the complete details. Also, why a service in 6 months? I think the recommended service period is every 10K Kms or 1 year. And the major service points are 40K Kms/80K Kms and then 20K Kms/60K Kms I think.

Assuming that 70K Kms service/Annual service was done as per schedule, this service should have cost you around 1.5K only plus the replacement cost.

During my Dzire(Diesel) ownership(75K Kms), the highest that I paid for a servicing was 11K and this included fully synthetic oil.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2015 at 10:56. Reason: Quoted post corrected
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 15:22   #548
BHPian

Actually it has a become habit for all Service Centers (not just MSIL) to add miscellaneous items and get more profit from Customers.

Yesterday, I got my Alto (Odo-65K) serviced at MASS (Bimal @ Banaswadi-BLR) and the total bill came to INR 4200. This includes Fully synthetic Engine Oil (Castrol 5W-40) for around INR 2600. Periodic Service Charge is around INR 1300+, but it totally depends upon what other items have been pushed by SA. I clearly updated SA at the first interaction itself that I need Periodic Service with Engine Oil Change only and nothing else. He did tried for other miscellaneous stuff, but after second mention from me about Periodic Service with Engine Oil Change only, he did not repeated and obliged for what was requested. I always stay at MASS, when my car is being Serviced and till now MASS never objected for same. Also, got complementary Wheel Alignment as per running offer and 25% discount on Periodic Service Charges.

I remember one very recent incident with my known person at Trident Hyundai (KR Puram). He was given quote of 14K+ taxes for Periodic Service of Hyundai Getz (1.1) with 27K on Odo, which included miscellaneous items (Engine Lacquering, Engine de-carbonization, etc.). My known person got a shock after hearing bill amount and called me as we discussed same and expected to be close to 5K. I reached Service Center and then after discussion with SA, updated him to perform only required items as per Owners Manual. Finally the bill came to 4.7+ K with taxes. My known person even took original copy of the Job card (with cancelled items) for his reference and asked SA to keep Xerox copy for their reference.

Moral:
Its better to know little about your car by referring to Owner's Manual and save your hard earned money.

Last edited by aeroamit : 24th August 2015 at 15:43.
aeroamit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 15:36   #549
BHPian

My friend has a Maruti Dzire Vxi (2008). It has run about 70,000 kms. He has given the car for servicing, and in the laundry list of what the SA suggested, the SA also suggested "Fuel Injectors cleaning" for Rs 1,450/-. I have heard about this for diesel engines, but I don't know if the petrol engine also needs this. Does anybody know if this is needed for a petrol engine?

Thanks in advance!
Old 28th September 2015, 11:49   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
My friend has a Maruti Dzire Vxi (2008). It has run about 70,000 kms. He has given the car for servicing, and in the laundry list of what the SA suggested, the SA also suggested "Fuel Injectors cleaning" for Rs 1,450/-. I have heard about this for diesel engines, but I don't know if the petrol engine also needs this. Does anybody know if this is needed for a petrol engine?

Thanks in advance!
Injector cleaning is an expensive job,seldom done by experts which includes recalibration. Job on one injector costs close to 5k (for Diesels).
What the service centre will do is they will add some additive to the fuel (like system G for diesels).I would suggest to skip unless and until the injector is behaving very erratically (fluctuating idling).You can buy system G from any of the BPCL outlets.
Do not let them touch the injectors.
AFAIK Toyota has their own additive which is expensive imported from Japan and does a very good job (feedback received from an Innova owner).

Last edited by rakesh_r : 28th September 2015 at 11:50.
Old 28th September 2015, 13:58   #551
Lij
BHPian

Friends, gave my car for 1 lakh km service today (98048 on ODO), last service was done in Nov 2014 with couple of running repairs in between, mainly electricals. Below are the works, estimate given by MASS is 14K + taxes (so could end up just below 16K !!)

Engine tune up/clean up (i guess basically the 1 lakh km service charged by Maruti @ 1455)
Vehicle washing and cleaning
All lights check (not sure why this is added, guess this can be done by a layman as well)
Fuel Injector cleaning
Brake cleaning (replace pads if necessary)
Replace engine oil and filter
Replace gear oil, coolant, brake oil
Replace fuel and air filters
Replace timing belt
Replace oil strainer
Check all hose pipes
Check gear shift cable (replace if reqd.)
New A/C filter - revelation I got that my car being an old model never had an a/c filter and they will check if the new model a/c filter can be fixed.
Check for door rattles

SA had added wheel balancing, alignment and rotation amounting to Rs 1,300 without tax, I asked to remove it from the list.

Please let me know if anything needs to be included and if the cost is justified. SA said labour charges were at an higher end and could come down in the end, which rarely happens.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:37   #552
BHPian

Just gave my 2014 alto for 1st paid service (20,000 kms done) in Pratham Motors (Bellandur, Bangalore) and got a massive quote of 7,500 INR! I am not sure of the breakup but the SA has added all sorts of extra items to be changed claiming it to be mandatory post 20,000 kms. Is it normal? because we have an i20 petrol at home which recently crossed 20,000 kms and the service bill was around 4000 INR.
I will add the breakup once the bill is given (this evening), but I need expert inputs to know if i have been taken for a ride or not.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:57   #553
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
I am not sure of the breakup but the SA has added all sorts of extra items to be changed claiming it to be mandatory post 20,000 kms. Is it normal?
The quote of INR 7k does sound on the higher side. You will find all the mandatory changes mentioned in the service schedule in the owners manual. Anything apart from that can be considered as an add-on if you have not specifically asked for the changes/work to be done. You can confront your SA with your owners manual and ask him why extra services/add-ons were done when not mandated by the manual.
Old 11th October 2015, 17:07   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp1992 View Post
Just gave my 2014 alto for 1st paid service (20,000 kms done) in Pratham Motors (Bellandur, Bangalore) and got a massive quote of 7,500 INR! I am not sure of the breakup but the SA has added all sorts of extra items to be changed claiming it to be mandatory post 20,000 kms. Is it normal? because we have an i20 petrol at home which recently crossed 20,000 kms and the service bill was around 4000 INR.
I will add the breakup once the bill is given (this evening), but I need expert inputs to know if i have been taken for a ride or not.
Assuming your car is running normally, if you pay for anything more than a regular oil change (oil, filer, consumables and labor) and a round of visual checks of the usual stuff, you are being ripped off.
Old 19th October 2015, 21:04   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting this info for the benefit of fellow Ritz Owners.

My friend and BHPian sumitsinha0280 owns a Ritz ZXi and its blower was too noisy. Most of the greedy MASS and dealers quoted anything from Rs.1100 to Rs.1400 for the blower job. They were telling that the entire dash needs to be taken out to access the blower.

However at the MASS which I visit, they quoted Rs. 100 as the labour job and no dismantling of dash.
To all Ritz owners- No dismantling is required ,despite the blower being at a tricky location. It can be easily accessed by removing the clutch pedal, and that's how the job was done in my friend's car. Please don't let the mechanics fool you!!.

100 bucks for a blower cleaning job is ultra cheap IMO!!

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20151017wa0048.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 19th October 2015 at 21:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks