Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 23:30   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Are brake cleaning and checking charges included in pms labour charges ? My ignis 30k service is going to be due next week.
No these charges are usually extra. The PMS does not cover these costs.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 08:51   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
No these charges are usually extra. The PMS does not cover these costs.

Drive on,
Shibu
Well Shibu, you can escalate this to Maruti please. This is because the PMS charges includes the labor for the following:

- Brake Inspection
- Cleaning of Front Brake Pads and Rear Brake Shoes
- Replacement of Pads (If required)
- Tire Rotation
- Lubrication
- Washing and cleaning
- EGR cleaning (Diesels at every 30K)

Here's an image that Doc Naren had posted on this same thread last year.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-pms.jpg

And here is an example where my friend in Mumbai got the final bill reduced by 31XX for his Ignis service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, I made my friend get a reduction of 3143/- on this bill for 20,000 Km PMS for his Ignis in Mumbai last year. He was not only charged labor for brake cleaning but also additional labour for replacing brake pads and many other tasks!! He showed them this very circular and said he will take it up with higher ups for being scammed this way.
The above example if from Mumbai and my friend did get the final bill reduced on the basis of this circular and that means it is applicable pan India.

So please talk to your SA or escalate.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:39   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Well Shibu, you can escalate this to Maruti please. This is because the PMS charges includes the labor for the following:

- Brake Inspection
- Tire Rotation
- Lubrication
- Washing and cleaning
Maruti dealers keep adding additional charges, like brake cleaning, suspension greasing, injector cleaning even charging for brake pads replacement etc which should be covered under the service costs themselves. Since mostly everyone is aware to remove flushing, ac disinfectant etc these dealers are upto these methods nowadays.

In my opinion, whatever is mentioned in the manual as Inspect/replace/change/lubricate/tighten for a PMS should be covered in the service charges. Anything extra should be chargeable. A service doesn't simply mean oil /filter change, air filter cleaning and washing!
Grease_Monkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 01:15   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

- Brake Inspection
- Tire Rotation
- Lubrication
- Washing and cleaning

So please talk to your SA or escalate.
Hmm...you are right. I went over the Nexa bills for my Baleno and all brake jobs are included in the PMS. To be frank I have not been paying attention whether line items pertaining to brakes etc are there, simply looking for anything beyon regualr service and unusually high service costs.

I returned back to the Maruti stable in 2017 with the purchase of the RS. However till 2014 I did own a Swift and remember being charges 700 per axle for brake overhaul as they called it. i must have typed it from that memory. Thanks for the correction.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 29th August 2020, 14:58   #800

Recently my dad had give his BS4 Dzire petrol AMT for 10k/yearly service. Hence this was the first engine oil change and MASS has used 5W40 engine oil.On enquiring SA told him that Maruti uses synthetic oil in all its cars now.I am away for my dad place so couldn't cross check the manual. My doubts are
1.Does Maruti uses synthetic oil in all its cars now?
2.Does it come with factory filled with synthetic oil?
3.Can we change from mineral to synthetic without any flushing etc.
Please advise.

Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:30   #801
BHPian

Hi all,

This isn't related to Maruti Suzuki but the thread is perfect for my query. We own a Triber 1.0 from Renault stable and it's 10k service is due in 2 days.

While we booked a slot, we were shocked to hear an estimate of Rs. 6000 + 300(sanitization) inclusive of taxes, I guess. I know that this is not normal for a 1.0L engine and the lady attendant told that this is for consumables and stuff. This is the second free service according to the terms.

I know that I may be ripped off and so I'm here seeking some help. What are the services/works that we don't need for a 1 year old car that has run barely 4500 kms? From the thread, I should avoid AC disinfectant and Vent cleaning. Any others?

So, what might be the other things that we don't need to do for a 4500kms run, 1 year car? I'm sure that I won't be paying more than 4.5k for this. And all the service centers near my proximity will be charging the same. They are literally one.

BTW, Renault claimed that the maintenance will be 30% less than a B-segment hatch and now I'm here, fooled.

Thanks!
Old 28th September 2020, 18:37   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
What are the services/works that we don't need for a 1 year old car that has run barely 4500 kms? From the thread, I should avoid AC disinfectant and Vent cleaning. Any others?
Expect Paid service charges (PMS) around 2500. Then if using synthetic oil, the oil would cost around 3000 considering 1000 per liter(what's the recommend quantity for Engine oil for Triber?). Mineral oil would cost nearly 1/3rd. Oil Filter would cost anywhere between 250-400 and same would be the cost for Air filter element.

Apart from this, ask if you are charged extra in the name of "Brake Cleaning" or "Brake Servicing" because ideally all this should he part of PMS.

I suspect your estimate is 6000 due to these reasons.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:08   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Hi all,

This isn't related to Maruti Suzuki but the thread is perfect for my query. We own a Triber 1.0 from Renault stable and it's 10k service is due in 2 days.

While we booked a slot, we were shocked to hear an estimate of Rs. 6000 + 300(sanitization) inclusive of taxes, I guess. I know that this is not normal for a 1.0L engine and the lady attendant told that this is for consumables and stuff. This is the second free service according to the terms.

I know that I may be ripped off and so I'm here seeking some help. What are the services/works that we don't need for a 1 year old car that has run barely 4500 kms? From the thread, I should avoid AC disinfectant and Vent cleaning. Any others?

So, what might be the other things that we don't need to do for a 4500kms run, 1 year car? I'm sure that I won't be paying more than 4.5k for this. And all the service centers near my proximity will be charging the same. They are literally one.

BTW, Renault claimed that the maintenance will be 30% less than a B-segment hatch and now I'm here, fooled.

Thanks!
My experiences with Maruti and Tata, so just get these done:
1. Oil change 3000 approx.
2. Oil filter 300
3. Service 1500 approx

Things to do besides the above:
A. Coolant top up if required.
B. AC cabin filter clean.
C. Air filter clean.
D. ECU update if any.
E. Car wash.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 28th September 2020 at 19:15.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:38   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Expect Paid service charges (PMS) around 2500. Then if using synthetic oil, the oil would cost around 3000 considering 1000 per liter(what's the recommend quantity for Engine oil for Triber?). Mineral oil would cost nearly 1/3rd.

I suspect your estimate is 6000 due to these reasons.
The oil capacity is close to 3litres. From the renault app, the quote is 3k which is half of what the dealer quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
My experiences with Maruti and Tata, so just get these done:
1. Oil change 3000 approx.
2. Oil filter 300
3. Service 1500 approx

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the replies. So, basically, in today's terms, 6K is quite common. I shouldn't be paying this much, I'll try to negotiate. The labour is free and so I thought I won't have to shed much. The time being a pandemic is also a reason for astronomical quotes like these, I guess. I will update if I get ripped off.
Jagann13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 20:32   #805
BHPian

I was going through the history of my Wagon R service in Maruti Care app. I still did not understand why the labour cost is more than parts cost for regular / periodic service.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-1601305143436.jpg

This is for 40k service

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-1601305320522.jpg
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 16:17   #806
BHPian

In June 2020,my cousin had given his 2015 Celerio AMT for 30,000 Kms service at RKS motors,Uppal and was surprised to know that he had been charged Rs.8k just for 30,000 Kms service.He was saying that,maintaining Marutis are not cheap anymore and willing to shift to another brand after getting exorbitant bill.He,in fact,told me that my Honda City's service cost is reasonable than his.

Is Maruti taking customers for a ride by overcharging them?
Old 16th October 2020, 21:10   #807
BHPian

Yesterday, got my M800 serviced at Bimal Auto Bangalore. From the very onset, the SA's effort was to push the bill as high as possible. New inclusion Sanitisation Rs500 finally brought it down to Rs175 Rejected all unnecessary tasks and still the estimate came to 7.5k. Final bill at 8.5k with additional 150 for credit card charges.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 00:10   #808
CSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Hello sir,

Are brake cleaning and checking charges included in pms labour charges ? My ignis 30k service is going to be due next week.
Yes its included in Minor or Major Service. Aligarian.
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:14   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Final bill at 8.5k with additional 150 for credit card charges.
I never paid CC charges with any of the MASS in Bangalore where as I have been asked for the additional 2.5% in my home town (a district capital where only 2 MASS present)

Recently I have serviced my 2019 Ertiga Zxi - 20000kms service in my home town. Total bill came to 3829 RS. I am pleasantly surprised as this is the 2nd lowest paid service in my 13 years of experience. Earlier I owned a Swift VDi this could be a reason.
I have noticed Service charge is lower compared to Bangalore, may be because the charge varies from Metros to Cities to small towns?

Last edited by blorebuddy : 23rd October 2020 at 19:23.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 20:23   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I have noticed Service charge is lower compared to Bangalore, may be because the charge varies from Metros to Cities to small towns?
Yes. The PMS Service charges and labor charges vary between cities and based on tiers. So getting a vehicle serviced in a tier 2 or 3 city would cost you less than servicing in Bangalore.

Also, the service charge would vary when you get it serviced at a Dealer Workshop or an Authorized Service Center too.

Here's a thread by Leoshashi with a lot of insights on different types of service centers for Maruti and how they differ.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd October 2020 at 20:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks