Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 20:44   #811

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, EGR cleaning should not be charged extra. It is also included under 30K km PMS charge. As I said many times before, Maruti is good and strict. The greedy dealers loot the customers. I am sure Maruti will take action and even fine the dealer if customer complains about it.
Sorry for seeking a clarification after so long. Actually I came across this just now. I own a Baleno Ddis and its due for its 90k service. Regarding the EGR cleaning, could you please explain as to how the service center guys must be doing the EGR cleaning job? They are very reluctant to carry out that job under PMS charges and they say it takes time to access the EGR located behind the engine and it would be time consuming and that they don't actually remove and clean it, rather they just spray some solution into the EGR valve to remove the deposits. Could you please enlighten me on this as to what exactly they are required to do for EGR cleaning?
Old 11th November 2020, 15:43   #812
BHPian

Hi all

Does anyone have experience with servicing their Maruti using the 'Service on Wheels' vehicle that's seen here? The MASS is pushing for it but I have issues like these:

1. Don't like the feeling of letting my vehicle be exhibited for a service show on a public road. Onlookers and passers- by surely expected to take videos/ photos.
2. The vehicle doesn't carry nitrogen if you wish to fill your tires with that. Only air filling possible.

The MASS is quoting around 6400/- total for this service, which is the 1st paid one for me. All the 3 free services have been done on my new Swift. They are claiming it's a promotional offer!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-screenshot_20201111152759.png  

Old 1st February 2021, 10:26   #813
BHPian

I had recently accompanied my 6 year pre owned Celerio VXI AMT for a periodic maintenance 43K service, second service from my side(as soon as i got the car last Jan I changed all fluids as per our TBHP's guidance).

I was there throughout the day as I wanted to see the process, here are my observations.

Covid is a business: 175+29 Rs(Without GST) for sanitization(garden spray the car with disinfectant) and 4 plastic sheets and car wash paper(Encircled in red in image).

Diagnostic charges, 100Rs(Pre tax): They just checked if all lights are working and speedometer for any other warning signs, I assume they are to use the OBD port to check the car in detail, so this was a surprise for me.

PMS/20/40/60/80k Petrol 1920Rs (Pre tax): I could not understand why they charge this- seeking your advise what is done for this entry in the bill. I was there entire day, other that the additional services mentioned in the invoice they did not do anything at all to the car, so why is the PMS being charged? they did not even tighten any nuts and bolts? nothing in addition to the extra tasks i asked, literally nothing but a test drive.

I had the coolant and brake fluid changed last year,(thanks to Covid i just drove around 9K) so asked them to skip it this time. They advised it will come in invoice and they will manually reduce 528 Rs from bill, they however charged GST on this from me. It totally skipped my mind that GST was in page 2 and i should have asked them to reduce that also. They informed me that Maruti uses a system generated service advise and these(coolant and brake fluid) cannot be removed manually from invoice before printing and hence the discount.

With GST(my stupidity to not ask), Hygiene charges and PMS and Diagnostic charges Maruti took me on a cheap ride where my brand loyalty to move in to a cheaper to maintain car is hurt.

And trust me the Service Advisor tried to up sell me: Spark plug cleanup, throttle body clean, car spa etc which i refused. yet I was taken for a ride

I am sharing this post on this forum so:
1. I can seek advise what to do if the PMS-20/40/60/80K is not done properly, checking tightening activities etc ? how do i take care of my car and my safety. If in my presence they do not do stuff and charge money: what will they do in my absence. How to ensure integrity?
2. So wider audience can prevent themselves from being taken on a ride like me on extra charges / GST related losses

Dealership in consideration:
Sai Service Private Limited
Wagholi Road, Pune 412207
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20210201_094144__01.jpg  

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20210201_093727__01-1.jpg  

PioneerNB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 03:26   #814
Senior - BHPian

Got our 2018 petrol Dzire serviced (3years/30000km) last week. It cost Rs 4888 for pretty much an oil change !! Rs 1955 for fixed service cost + taxes and cost of the oil+filter. I had a long day and later saw that Rs 650 had been added as brake cleaning charges even though I asked the SA to go by the manual. Although the manual does state that it should be inspected or cleaned or replaced and the brakes were a little scrapey post monsoon so I didn't make a fuss. EGR cleaning is also recommended at 30k in the manual but wasn't done since the car has run under 10k.

Two of my concerns which I had raised with previous ASS and we're dismissed were also mentioned to the new ASS namely :

Rattle sound from engine bay when shifting from 1st to 2nd. They did try but couldn't fix it as it was hard to isolate. They tightened everything and added some packing around the coolant reservoir.

Movement of the gear lever in 4th gear under certain conditions. Again hard to recreate. The SA said it's normal and common to all K12s and gave some slightly plausible explanation for the cause.

Oh and one more thing. Today I just happened to notice that the battery on my unused spare key remote had died. The ASS wanted ₹350 for it and didn't even have the right screwdriver ! Apparently Marutis battery is superior which is why it was expensive. It was a normal Panasonic button cell... Got it changed from a watch shop opposite for ₹85 only !!

The security system on the car is also wierd. If you lock it with the remote and then try to unlock it with the key it sets off the alarm !! The alarm only goes off once you start the engine
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 23:10   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
. EGR cleaning is also recommended at 30k in the manual but wasn't done since the car has run under 10k.
Yours is a petrol dzire, which doesnt have EGR. Only turbo petrols and diesels have egr valve. Also the timeline for egr cleaning is 1,20,000 km especially for maruti diesel 1.3.
alexpaul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 23:53   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

The security system on the car is also wierd. If you lock it with the remote and then try to unlock it with the key it sets off the alarm !! The alarm only goes off once you start the engine
That is how it is supposed to work

You lock with the remote , you unlock with the remote - else the car thinks it's being stolen.

The RFID chip in your key is recognised by the immobilizer and deactivates the alarm once you insert the key for ignition. If a duplicate key is used, the vehicle will crank but won't start.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 01:12   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Yours is a petrol dzire, which doesnt have EGR. Only turbo petrols and diesels have egr valve. Also the timeline for egr cleaning is 1,20,000 km especially for maruti diesel 1.3.
I'm pretty sure all cars, petrol and diesel have an EGR valve. My Beat also had one which was bypassed when I got a free flow exhaust installed, I even had to clear an error code for it. It's also mentioned in the cars manual.

@Kosfactor thanks for clearing that up
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 20:57   #818
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpaul View Post
Also the timeline for egr cleaning is 1,20,000 km especially for maruti diesel 1.3.
IIRC this is every 30k KMS, need to refer to the manual to confirm though.
Old 19th March 2021, 22:31   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

The 30K PMS for S-Cross is way too high in Gurgaon! My brother paid Rs. 5315.90 for labour charges including taxes.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20210318wa0011__01__01__01__01.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 19:27   #820
BHPian

As the contents of bill have been blurred out, its hard to say whats necessary and optional/extra.
If the service advisor did optional/extra stuff without your brother's approval, he could say NO to those at time of billing itself.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 20:22   #821
KPR
BANNED

We had serviced two of our cars recently:

1. Fiat Punto evo 90 hp diesel - regular service at 89000 km ODO no complaints - oil, filters changed for ₹5999 in Feb 21. Service center is good 15km away from home but in a 4 laned highway where I can show the complaints before service and check if they were resolved.
2. MS Ignis 1.2 delta AMT regular 20000 km service in Nov 20 for ₹6600 with same oil filters change. I was surprised with 6600 bill for a petrol. Bonus was only free pick up and drop here for me as the service center is just within 1 km.

Both cars were serviced without WA and WB. MS isn't cheap is my experience as above. Same was with my earlier swift VDI 2012 model that I sold at 80000 km odo 5 years back. I thought with MS 1.2 petrol expenses should be cheap but isn't so.

I think Toyota deserves the cheapest servicing costs in India. I leave it to Toyota owners to confirm it.

Last edited by KPR : 6th April 2021 at 20:25.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 09:37   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The 30K PMS for S-Cross is way too high in Gurgaon! My brother paid Rs. 5315.90 for labour charges including taxes.

Hi,
I'm at Nexa Service for 30k PMS of my S-Cross.
The cost of labour is at par with the cost of parts.
This is highly ridiculous.
When I have asked Fully Synthetic Oil, they quoted 1280 per litre!
They didn't allow me to get my own can.
Can we bring our own oil can and ask them to use it?
Please let me know.
Thnx in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-screenshot_20210419092336.jpg  

matchvan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 09:48   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Hi,
Please let me know.
Thnx in advance.
If you car is still under warranty, please stick to Maruti issued engine oil. Anything from outside will be recorded in their database which in turn will void your warranty. Post warranty you can use engine oil of your choice.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 19th April 2021 at 09:49.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 10:02   #824
BHPian

Maruti service is cheap? Yes and No.

Maruti service is considerably cheaper in smaller towns than the bigger cities. What I mean is the service labour cost. Dealerships have differential rate slabs for cities and smaller towns. I know a few city dwellers who get their Maruti cars serviced in smaller towns, situation and time permitting.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 14:25   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Hi,
Please let me know.
Thnx in advance.
Got the 30k PMS done.
I didn't opt for wash as I have a 3M car care package which I got done a month back, I don't want swirl marks as a gift from Nexa.
The labour cost is whopping 4100 and the parts are 3700 which includes a Nexa Dock worth 422/-
So labour cost is almost 1000 rs more than parts.
To quote, its like the cost of screen replacement is more than the cost of mobile!!
Nevertheless it's a Myth that the cost of service in Maruti is cheap. I upvote!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20210419_141721__01.jpg  

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20210419_142352__01.jpg  

matchvan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks