Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 21:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much does Engine Decarb and Throttle Body Cleaning cost at MASS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
And can you please tell me the name of any of the MASS that you are talking about so that I can include the same in my email response?
Yes Indus Motors at its various branches. I get this done at almost every periodic service at this rate.
Your bill indicates only one liquid for the decarb. The other item is the radiator fast flush oil and the refill costing rs 440 apiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Is it described anywhere on the forum or elsewhere?
Yes there are plenty of reading in the forum itself at this link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-engine.html

Last edited by rajeev k : 30th November 2012 at 21:56.
Old 30th November 2012, 22:00   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Yes there are plenty of reading in the forum itself at this link.[/url]
Okay, I had gone through that earlier. I thought an online method was something different.

I have got the throttle body cleaning done twice from MASS at similar rates and they do have not charged anything for the liquid / spray / whatever.
Old 30th November 2012, 22:25   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
...Your bill indicates only one liquid for the decarb. The other item is the radiator fast flush oil and the refill costing rs 440 apiece...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
...I have got the throttle body cleaning done twice from MASS at similar rates and they do have not charged anything for the liquid / spray / whatever.
Check the 2nd item in the list of parts. It says "AISC(LIQUID TB)". TB stands for throttle body I suppose? What liquid is this?

thoma, can you please mention the MASS that you have got throttle body cleaning done from?
Old 30th November 2012, 22:42   #124
BHPian

I think it does look on the higher side. 68k is very low to do a decarb. Throttle body cleaning - really depends on how they did it. If it was a spray then it is way too much. If they dismantled the Throttle-body assembly then it may be justified with labor. Personally I only do the throttle body cleaning every 30 k and once with a 3M spray. Decarb - Never did it. Guess I am afraid to do this on an engine that has done 121k now. Do you feel any difference in you engine responsiveness at all?
Old 30th November 2012, 22:56   #125
Senior - BHPian

I got the the throttle body cleaned, of my accent, for 420/- bucks. This was at Hyundai Authorized service station, 2-3 months back.

They took off the throttle body and then cleaned it, and putted it back. I am very happy with it, Can feel change in engine responsiveness after that

I think, the charges you paid are very much on higher side.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 30th November 2012, 23:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
I think it does look on the higher side. 68k is very low to do a decarb. Throttle body cleaning - really depends on how they did it. If it was a spray then it is way too much. If they dismantled the Throttle-body assembly then it may be justified with labor. Personally I only do the throttle body cleaning every 30 k and once with a 3M spray. Decarb - Never did it. Guess I am afraid to do this on an engine that has done 121k now. Do you feel any difference in you engine responsiveness at all?
Yes, engine responsiveness did improve, though I won't be able to say whether it was due to engine decarb or TB cleaning.

How much did TB cleaning cost you and at which MASS?
Old 30th November 2012, 23:01   #127
Senior - BHPian

A SA at the Popular Maruti tried his level best two years ago for a decarb in my then three year and 30K old Alto and I did not succumb and the car is fine after 25K more KMs. These are booby traps employed on unsuspecting customers by some dealers and their SAs. I have a feeling that these SAs are given stiff targets for such unnecessary jobs.
Old 30th November 2012, 23:06   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check the 2nd item in the list of parts. It says "AISC(LIQUID TB)". TB stands for throttle body I suppose? What liquid is this?

thoma, can you please mention the MASS that you have got throttle body cleaning done from?
Both times from the same MASS. Popular Vehicles and Service, Kottayam. They are available across Kerala.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 11:11   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, engine responsiveness did improve, though I won't be able to say whether it was due to engine decarb or TB cleaning.

How much did TB cleaning cost you and at which MASS?

I do it at Veena Ford (FNG Types) for a Ford ikon and costs about 400 rupees Not much cleaning involved, Just remove , spray through , Clean the IACV and reinstall.
Old 1st December 2012, 11:30   #130
BHPian

Got the engine decorbonization done from Hyundai service center last week and the charges were 1900+ for decarbonization & around 200+ for Throttle body cleaning.

They used a product from 3m for decarbonization.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:43   #131
BHPian

Re: Maruti service is cheap - A myth

Today i gave my Alto K10 for 3rd Free servicing (5920km). They quoted an estimate of Rs.3300 for the servicing (Sai Service,Verna-Goa) with following breakup:
Engine oil & Filter Replacing:- 1100/-
Wheel Alignment/Balancing/Rotation:- 750/-
Engine Oil Additives:- 410/-
Engine Oil Flush:-410/-
Fuel Additives:-600/-

I want to know whether Engine oil additives and flush is required at 6K km?

What is the mileage at which above things are justified to be used and how often?

At second free servicing i had asked the SA why fuel additives are required. He responded saying that they are needed to clean the Fuel Injectors. Is this true? Do i need to add fuel additives at every servicing?
Old 14th December 2012, 14:47   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

I paid 1060 for the third free service for my WagonR. I did not approve for anything ele other than oil change. Got alignment, balancing and rotation at Rs. 500 from tyre professionals. So total cost was Rs. 1600. All the other things are not necessary.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:57   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
Today i gave my Alto K10 for 3rd Free servicing (5920km). They quoted an estimate of Rs.3300 for the servicing (Sai Service,Verna-Goa) with following breakup:
Engine oil & Filter Replacing:- 1100/-
Wheel Alignment/Balancing/Rotation:- 750/-
Engine Oil Additives:- 410/-
Engine Oil Flush:-410/-
Fuel Additives:-600/-

I want to know whether Engine oil additives and flush is required at 6K km?

What is the mileage at which above things are justified to be used and how often?

At second free servicing i had asked the SA why fuel additives are required. He responded saying that they are needed to clean the Fuel Injectors. Is this true? Do i need to add fuel additives at every servicing?
Engine Oil Additives,Engine Oil Flush must be struck off the list right away.
If you have a good computerised alignment / balancing center outside then i suggest you get it done from there! Otherwise get it done from MASS.

Ask the SA to inject the fluid into his brain to clean the brain so that it can work properly! No additives are required! Only if you experiencing some problem with pick up or driveablity then you need to use that. And morover 600 for fuel additive is daylight robbery. You can buy a bottle of system g at much lower price and use it for a number of tank fulls
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 15:04   #134
BHPian

In my 4th year of ownership of Swift P, I can take the liberty to say that I dont think Maruti Service is cheap in anyways.

I have account of all the services done till date and on an avg the spend is 5K or more for sure and now since I moved to Mobil 1 Synthetic its even more.

The best part to look in the bill is for anything else apart from regular things, even if they touch the car they will charge you for it, and at times will charge doubly even though its on the same part but a different section, gone are the days of customer oriented service.

The second best part is every time, I mean every darn time I had to take the car back for some thing or the other cause they had missed couple of things.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:43   #135
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yes Maruti is not cheap anymore! Though quality of plastics etc is nothing to talk about but services are not cheap either. I have a Swift D and her bills were never cheap. Though my car has been serviced at Vitesse from Day 1 and Vitesse' labour charges are high.

A friend and fellow bhpian said his Fortuner's service costs less than his Swift DDiS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks