Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 22:29   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
Does anyone know a senior contact @ Maruti to escalate a significant issue I am facing? I have written to contact@maruti.co.in, but I need to escalate it further.
I would also like to know this. Specifically if there is one for the Mumbai/Maharashtra area.
I'm giving my car in for its last service before the warranty expires and i need to get some things checked and replaced properly
Old 15th January 2023, 17:24   #857

This is a copy of the invoice of PMS done at 1,30,000km. The vehicle is Baleno 1.3 Ddis.I was charged Rs 460 for intercooler cleaning which was done on my request. Can anyone confirm whether the charges for intercooler cleaning are exorbitant or not? Also, what all services are included under PMS? Shouldn't the Intercooler cleaning be a part of PMS charges?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-service-bill.jpg  

Old 18th January 2023, 19:59   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Otherwise the bill look okay for a synthetic oil change.
Maruti's private brand, Mobil Ecstar 0w-20 has an MRP of Rs.1500. Looks like they chose to use a more expensive brand.
Old 18th January 2023, 20:11   #859
BHPian

Dealer normally earns more in service than sales. Also many of the customers dont check the manual to understand the service schedule( which the ASC follows). But there are some items ( like FIP which is Fuel injection pump testing and slid slip testing which is tyre wear test) not required at all unless some problem observed. Main problem is that customers tries to avoid breakdown situation of the car and have a peace of mind if all maintanence is done which the dealer might misuse. For my Spresso, I wanted to go for extended warranty for AMT( due to suspected failures of AMT module) but actually got MT version so got only standard warranty of 2 years. Now 2 free services are over ( one month and 6 months) which had only washing ( bill was 50/- each time) but next main service will be in March which will be the actual service of changing oil, filter etc.,After that the next service would be 2 years service but by the time warranty also would be over. I am planning to do the 2 year service onwards myself( as I did for my pervious cars )..
kvsneela is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 19:51   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Here you go. I had 11k bill in 2021 Mar without the spark plus and air filter charge.
Attachment 2388890

Attachment 2388889
For your specific case, yes you have been overcharged unless there was something that needed attention with those Demanded Repairs items.

Maruti service is good and well within the market rate. Just that engine oil takes away the major cost, well for people who prefer 0w40 fully synthetic like I have been doing. Other than that charges are good for a major service which included coolant, fuel filter and brake oil changes.

Also I am not sure why you have been charged 0w40 as all newer swifts are now being filled with either 0w16 or 20 and that too Ecstar oils.

I have been servicing my swift dzire diesel from ASC for the first 6 years, then went FNG once and now DIY. Apart from those 3-4k for the labor, I see consumables at the same price.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:47   #861

Having owned Wagon R and Dzire for 7 years each, I always felt that 'Maruti Service is Cheap' is a myth. But since everyone said it is cheap so I went with it. Now that I am reading this forum's discussion I feel vindicated. Wagon R avg service cost came to 8-9k per service on average (No Major repair). Now for a car the size/cost of Wagon R (2015-22) I never felt it is cheap. Reference point for me were i20, Verena kept by my cousins. Though the service cost for them was slightly high but so were the cars.

Because majority of population keep Alto, Wagon R etc. and comparison is with Honda, Hyundai (whose cars are costly) we go under myth that Maruti Service is cheap. I feel if we do a rough calculation of Service cost per lakh cost of Car, Maruti service will not be cheap by any means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
So I got a fat service bill from Shivam autozone Andheri (East) which is classified as a major service. The work includes engine oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, coolant change and brake oil change. I refused ac filter change and wheel alignment and balancing. The total amount 14k for a 2019 petrol Swift MT .

I am only keepin quite because of the 5 year warranty and am beginning to think if the warranty is even worth it not. And oh yes there was on offer which was going which led me to a discount of a paltry 800 Rs on various items. I serviced the car one month ahead of schedule for the said discount.

I am seriously thinking of switching to a decent garage but most players are out to fleece you and good and honest garages are hard to come by. My warranty expires in 2024 Mar and I am not sure if I will continue with Shivam or even other Mass garages. Making a rapport with a regular SA is also not helping as many keep switching jobs and you find out that your regular guy has left the company.

Maintaining a car has become an expensive affair be it fuel or servicing. Oh and to add the icing to the cake, I had asked them to check if the clutch cable needs adjustment and they recommended a clutch overhaul stating that the clutch is hard. My car has done 16k kms and I think after owning 2-3 cars I know what a hard clutch is. Also as a cherry on top of the cake they did not clean the engine bay and I got the car back with the same rat droppings that I hope they will clean during service but in the end it so happened that I ended up cleaning the damn deposits myself thinking of the 14 grand I just spend on them.

When I sent pics of same to the SA all I got was "sorry sir we do not wash the engine bay but we just polish it and we forgot to polish same" He asked me for my address so that he can send someone on Mon (car was serviced on sat) to "polish" the engine bay. I am just not ineterested in letting them touch my car for now.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th February 2023 at 12:51. Reason: spacing for improved readability
BanerjeePupul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 15:21   #862
BHPian

How much brake fluid is required for change with Bleeding for Swift Petrol K Series 2010 car? Is 250 ml enough including bleeding?
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:01   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Is 250 ml enough including bleeding?
It would probably require more than 250ml.
For a thorough brake bleeding the fluid should be drained from all 4 wheel hub ends starting with the farthest one from the fluid reservoir.
However, in my recent service I noticed that the mech only drained it from the driver side front wheel, which is the worst of the lot since it is closest to the brake fluid reservoir in my A-Star.
I didnt protest since from experience I realize there is no point brining up these details to the Maruti service folks.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 22nd February 2024 at 13:02.
Old 22nd February 2024, 13:07   #864
BHPian

I got proper brake fluid flushing done this time, and needed about 650 ml of brake fluid for Swift P 2010 K Series. I noticed a significant difference in braking post the complete flushing, earlier they had been doing a partial flushing!
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:55   #865
UMe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Swift P 2010 K Series
Slighly Off topic post: Its important to stress K-Series here. Been there done that! I have the same model. I think it was in production just for a year or so and then 2nd gen swift was launched.
It's difficult to make the FNG understand, should I call it 1st gen or 2nd gen. I really don't know if all the other parts are of 1st gen, except the engine 🤔
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:19   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
It's difficult to make the FNG understand, should I call it 1st gen or 2nd gen. I really don't know if all the other parts are of 1st gen, except the engine 🤔
I waited for.a.few months for the launch of K Series and I am glad I did. It depends on whether the parts needed are for the engine or otherwise. I haven't had much trouble since sometimes they take the old part to get the new one.
heysac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed