Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 17:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Without knowing what wear and tear your car has gone through, difficult to say for sure whether the replacements were justified. I did own Maruti (800 and Zen) from 1995-2003. While service costs were reasonable enough, this is what I had to invariably encounter:

1. some request for some extra work to be done (Fucot, interior, suspension, etc).
2. sticker pasted on the rear window 100% of the time (had to 100% of the time get it removed before leaving).

Other than that, no major issues. However, that was till 2003. No subsequent experience.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:30   #17
BHPian

I have never come across a 11K bill when I had my 56km run Esteem. So, I dont think, its Maruti Service Costs but its the Service Center that would need some scrutiny.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:35   #18
BHPian

the amount you have mentioned is very high.the paid service charges are rs 700 max.the "brakes" service is something you could have avioded.

injector cleaning is soething that should be a labour item,dont know why it has been added to the parts list.
BTW what was the estimate given to you at the time of handing over the car for service.?
Old 26th February 2009, 17:43   #19
BHPian

For my last service at 32000 Kms i paid just 3500/- at Mandovi Motors for my Baleno.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
carb & injector cleaner - 283.67
injector cleaner - 401.20
Why 2 different items for the same injector cleaner ?
This service station is a sure ripper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I have never come across a 11K bill when I had my 56km run Esteem.
How could you ? You would have used it for one day & filled in 5 litres of fuel for that. Drive some more & tell us ranjit.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
Well from what you have mentioned - I feel you've been clearly cheated on the tax front... The spares/consumables are incl of all taxes. You are liable to pay only service tax on the labour charges.
You have to pay VAT on the Material & Service Tax on the Labour
Old 26th February 2009, 18:32   #22
BHPian

Try Spectra Motors in Borivali. Difficult to comment on the costs without knowing service history. If you choose to get done things beyond what is recommended by MUL Service Manual, it does get costly. Lets understand that's were the dealer makes money. Things like, throttle cleaning, wiper washer liquid (its costleir than most shampoos!), and such small things.

I try and rationalise the sundry things. It keeps the costs low.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoguy4u View Post
Don't you find brake pads at rs. 2360 expensive??
The brake pads are SGP, made in Japan specifically for an extinct model and exported to India.

Quote:
One was for throttle body cleaning and the second for injector cleaning.
I was told that they are necessary and mentioned in the user manual. He was also pushing me for engine decarb. But had done it at 30000 kms so refused. But have to say he tried his level best.
They are not necessary and not mentioned in the user manual, AFAIK.

Quote:
screen wash concentrate 50ml - 11.84
air intake system cleaner - 378.67
carb & injector cleaner - 283.67
injector cleaner - 401.20
polish paper 80 - 15.73
rust off 100 ml - 89.16

throttle body cleaning - 480
fuel injector cleaning - 480
All of this was unnecessary, and you could have specified that this not be done, while dropping the car off for service. If he insists it is part of the service procedure, ask him to show you the literature. AFAIK there is no mention of such procedures in the Baleno manual. In essence, these unnecessary things + VAT add up to around Rs 2500.
Old 26th February 2009, 19:03   #24
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Even when I did the 40000kms service, I paid a bill that was around 5500 as I did not go for Pad replacement, but I got oil change done from Maruti and they also added Engine Oil additive for which they charged me Rs400. I had asked them for engine flush and I gave them the OWS engine flush, but they said it was not necessary. Also I was asked to get the spark plugs changed and that would mean 150 per spark plug from NGK. But since those plugs were not available, they did not change. When asked, I was told that the plugs are not available and hence they have not changed and was also told that my car's plugs are good enough for another 10000 kms. In that case why did they want to change it in first place.

That is a rip off from Maruti.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 26th February 2009, 19:10   #25
BHPian

I think a lot varies from a service center to another. I think I paid 5000 odd for a 55K service for my M800 and in one service center (ABT, Adyar) and that's AFTER I said no to a clutch overall that was supposed to cost Rs. 5500 more. I somehow had this feeling that they are doing service that's not really needed.

My solution: I found Service Masters, a Maruti's own service center. The service is very reasonable and is cheap, at least until now.

Find another service center! It's great that we have competition!

Last edited by spetnaz : 26th February 2009 at 19:11.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:14   #26
BHPian

chocoguy4u,

i almost got ripped off by Sai Service, Andheri (~9k quotation for 20K regular Swift Servicing - got it halted mid-way. This didn't include brake pad replacement which came to light later). Basic servicing + injector cleaning + Front Pad+Disc replacement (i had a premature wear brake pad which damaged the disc (fyi ~rs.200) since I ignored the noise for too long) + brake adjustment + clutch adjustment + front wiper blade replacement costed me around 6.5K.

Made a complaint in the feedback form of Sai Service, got a few calls from them asking why. later, the service advisor called me and said 'these are company rates'.

Didn't think of complaining in MUL's website. will do so now.

I then finished rest of the servicing at Patel Motors, Goregaon for extremely reasonable prices. I've found my dream garage in Mumbai at last.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:29   #27
BHPian

Does this happen in company owned showrooms also?
Old 27th February 2009, 10:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You have to pay VAT on the Material & Service Tax on the Labour
No - the spares/consumables are charged on MRP (which is incl of all taxes), the *** guys would try to add a tax on it most of the time, but if you are vigilant you can question them... and since they know they are wrong they'll reverse the tax on spares.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:22   #29
BHPian

Are there any company owned service centres in Mumbai for Maruti ?
Old 27th February 2009, 11:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I then finished rest of the servicing at Patel Motors, Goregaon for extremely reasonable prices. I've found my dream garage in Mumbai at last.
Where is this garage located?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks