Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 10:19   #1
BHPian

Maruti Service vs Hyundai Service - Which one is cheap?

Hello guys,
i had heard 1000s of times that keeping a maruti car wont hurt your pocket at all. But while going through the forum i had seen Maruti Services are hurting the pocket.
Me myself owns maruti and hyundai cars, i had seen many times that my wagon R service costs me almost the same as my accent. I found it really strange.
not many guys had noticed that maruti car's bumpers are really week, i had seen maruti cars bumpers really ripping off even with a small impact and they have to pay a lot for the new one or for the denting or paint.

my accent had been hit thrice on delhi roads from the back, alto, skoda, swift and all 3 were ladies . in all the 3 cases, my bumper was intact due to the torsion beam and all the 3 cars were busted open. so my money is saved. So, i personally think keeping hyundai cars are cheaper than keeping maruti cars.

Last edited by Gangsta : 28th February 2009 at 10:21.
Old 28th February 2009, 13:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have not bought a Hyundai ever, had 2 Marutis, which were quite cheap to maintain. You have had a different experience, and perhaps you really are the `Hyundai Lover'.
Old 28th February 2009, 13:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think we need a more objective comparison - thats what Gangsta is saying.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I have not bought a Hyundai ever, had 2 Marutis, which were quite cheap to maintain. You have had a different experience, and perhaps you really are the `Hyundai Lover'.
boss..!! if you havnt bought any hyundai car, so you don't know about the service of hyundai. I owns both of them, thats why raised the thread in here. Please confirm the cost for the swift bumpers which i came to know recently from one of my close frined rs 6250 that a hell lot for a maruti car. Accent's bumper = Rs 5000, even elantra's bumper = Rs 7150.

well i'm not talking of the previous time where service bills for hyundai were high, i'm talking about the present time.

i'm not a hyundai lover or something like that. wagon r is quite a cheap car to maintain thats why we bought wagon R , but since 1-2 years my service bills for accent reduced a lot.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1192897 front brake pad pairs for baleno, 1077.98 Rs, recently brake pad pairs costed for my accent rs 1080 Rs, its neck to neck. That's why raised this thread.

Last edited by Gangsta : 28th February 2009 at 19:29.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Gangsta,

Nice view point. It does seem that Maruti "low cost of ownership" is taking a beating recently. It would very interesting to see the observations being put across here.
Old 28th February 2009, 19:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Swift Petrol = Hyundai Accent Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Please confirm the cost for the swift bumpers which i came to know recently from one of my close frined rs 6250...
...front brake pad pairs for baleno, 1077.98 Rs, recently brake pad pairs costed for my accent rs 1080 Rs, its neck to neck. That's why raised this thread.
Swift bumpers are not that expensive - the front bumper came for Rs.1250 (approx.) plus Rs.1800 for painting at MASS. Having said that, the Swift ORVM is more expensive, Rs.1300 + painting, vs. Accent's Rs.1150 (mine are unpainted black).

I am also in a position to appreciate your argument, since I have both a Swift ZXi and an Accent Viva CRDi. IMHO, the cost of maintenance for both is almost the same for the first 50-60k km. The 20k km service for the Swift cost me over Rs.4k, while the 20k km service of the Accent was less than Rs.2k (with the 3k, 10k and 20k km free service coupons; which included washing, oil and oil filter free at the 10k & 20k km services). But the diesel filter in the Accent is over Rs.900 including taxes, and that makes up for the lower service costs otherwise.

I think MASS unnecessarily boost up the bill by replacing oils and parts much before they really need to be changed. They changed my spark plugs, gear oil and the brake fluid at 20k km (1yr. 7 mo.), when IMO it was absolutely unnecessary.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 28th February 2009 at 20:04.
Old 28th February 2009, 23:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Swift bumpers are not that expensive - the front bumper came for Rs.1250 (approx.) plus Rs.1800 for painting at MASS. Having said that, the Swift ORVM is more expensive, Rs.1300 + painting, vs. Accent's Rs.1150 (mine are unpainted black).

I think MASS unnecessarily boost up the bill by replacing oils and parts much before they really need to be changed. They changed my spark plugs, gear oil and the brake fluid at 20k km (1yr. 7 mo.), when IMO it was absolutely unnecessary.
i'm talking of the rear bumper. Rear bumper price quoted by DD motors mayapuri for swift... Rs 6250.

also, diesel cars always costs more than the petrol one in terms of service. Now that's a news to me... Swift petrol = Accent CRDi. lol..!!

also my Elantra CRDi regular service never costed me above 4k at any cost. hehe

Last edited by Gangsta : 28th February 2009 at 23:59.
Old 1st March 2009, 22:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the diesel filter in the Accent is over Rs.900 including taxes, and that makes up for the lower service costs otherwise.
And how much would a diesel filter in the swift cost? Diesel filters are way much expensive than petrol filters. So such things should not be compared as petrol vs diesel
Old 1st March 2009, 22:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think tata also deserves a place here. though their ASC's are incompetent, the rates are low !
Old 1st March 2009, 23:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And how much would a diesel filter in the swift cost?
Swift diesel filter is quoted at Rs.948. I find the overall cost of maintenance of my Swift ZXi works out higher than my Accent Viva CRDi, service for service AND km for km.
Old 1st March 2009, 23:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Swift bumpers both front and rear are less than 1500 each. Add another 2000 for painting each bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
also my Elantra CRDi regular service never costed me above 4k at any cost. hehe
Total cost of service including tax? or only the cost of parts changed ?
Old 2nd March 2009, 00:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the diesel filter in the Accent is over Rs.900 including taxes,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And how much would a diesel filter in the swift cost? Diesel filters are way much expensive than petrol filters. So such things should not be compared as petrol vs diesel
Quote:
Swift diesel filter is quoted at Rs.948.
To put things in perspective , the fuel filter in my indica turbo costs just 134
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Swift DDis
Air Filter - 260
Oil Filter - 380
Fuel filter - 980

Getz CRDi
Air Filter - 301
Oil Filter - 307
Fuel Filter - 1306

Getz CRDi needs 5.3 litres of engine oil whereas Swift needs only 3.X litres of engine oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
To put things in perspective , the fuel filter in my indica turbo costs just 134
Hare horn ji!
You are right about the price but if i'm not wrong Indica turbo has two fuel filters and still the total comes upto 280 odd rupees.

Last edited by kpzen : 2nd March 2009 at 21:06.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

I dont know , i got billed for only one for my last service, while unni.ak's friend with an NA indica got billed for 2.

Air filter - 202.7
Oil Filter - 141.2

but the indica turbo needs 5.5L of engine oil (NA ones need only 4!)
Old 2nd March 2009, 23:38   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
But the Indica Vista Multijet's filter should cost the same as the Swift's since they are the same engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks