Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 09:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Excellent Review Bubby ji. Now I am tempted to travel 30 kms to try this Service Centre as well. And they are planning a PUG meet at Rama Motors, Okhla on Sunday 15 March. Maybe a good idea to check out the Service Centre without risking your car with it.
The guys very really professional and knew there job, the work shop was really clean and the quality of equipment they have stocked is really of a very high standard.

PUG meet, good thought Archi, that makes a lot of sense, without risking we can have a look at the Rama Motors as well.
Old 5th March 2009, 11:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can anyone point me what could be wrong?
Change your Petrol Pump......
Old 5th July 2009, 15:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent experience at ABS gurgaon

Here are the observations and my views on my 1st service of Linea:

1. Reached service centre at 10:20 am and within 2 minutes the SA came to me to prepare a jobcard.

2. They took all details and lead me to the way to customer lounge,
now is the best part i liked about my service centre was that Lounge for cab drivers was different and for others a separate chilled lounge with "family waiting lounge written" was there.

3. Went down to service bay, SA advised me against oil change. He quoted a whopping 4000 for engine oil and filter change . He told that if i still want to waste my money i can go ahead as they dont recomment it. NO OIL change was done. Rs 4000 isnt a small amount.

4. Told them to replace AC broken vent, it was replaced with a new one under warranty.

5. Fuel lid doesnt close properly, it was taken out and again replaced under warranty.

6. My FIAT logo on boot door was loose, they tightened it from inside the boot door.

7. Air filter was cleaned and all other liquids topped up. Air filter is opened by removing those 3 screws on engine cover.

8. Seat height adjuster and chrome strip they had no solutions, accepted its a manufacturing defect.

9. I told them about vibrations when steering is turned full turn . Went on a roadtest but noise didnt come so they couldnt work. They said there is a problem with 2 parts on shockers in initial Lineas.

Negatives about service
1.They removed the front conole to change broken AC vent and i think they used screw drivers to take it out. It has made some damage (very little) to the black part. I just saw it at my appartments gate.

2. They said wheel alignment is chargeable , i was confused and said its a part of 1st service but they said they dont do it free. I said leave it, i will get it done outside.

It was a good experience with service centre, exterior and interior was cleaned nicely, all jobs carried out to satisfaction. People attended me immediately and everything done within 3 hours. I was chilling in an excellent customer lounge with airtel digital and a 32" lcd.

To me, this experience is better or at par when i go to samara hyundai for my Santro services. Attending time at ABS was far better,

Thanks phamilyman , Ashok malik is a nice man and was praising you left, right n centre. Its a good service centre and am happy i went here.

Overall experience 9/10.

Well done ABS motors.
Old 5th July 2009, 16:57   #19
BHPian

Hey Hitanshu,
Whats up between you and Malik???
I just heard somewhere that he was praising you left, right and CENTER.
Cheers.
Old 5th July 2009, 17:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Hey Hitanshu,
Whats up between you and Malik???
I just heard somewhere that he was praising you left, right and CENTER.
Cheers.
Hitanshu told me that atleast 15 people have gone to ABS mentioning his name and this thread. Even Ashok acknoledged about team bhp and did the job entirely to my satisfaction. Team bhp effect.
My car was nicely cleaned whereas another Linea owner had to get a rewash done because he wasnt satisfied
Next time we will ask for a special team bhp discount

I asked Malikji and he said if you have given Hitanshuji's ref then just leave it on us, every work will be done and i can chill in customer lounge. After Bubby its me who has gone to Abs citing his reference.
The service centre is very good and centres like these deserve a separate thread.

Thanks phamilyman, i found the location way better than Rama, okhla. Just took 25 mins to reach.

A good SA can drastically change things, to get exact contrast go to Techno auto, if you get your car back in proper shape thank god it happened.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 5th July 2009 at 17:46.
Old 5th July 2009, 21:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Arre yaar, nothing of that sort.

I had just promised him that if his workshop can deliver quality at the same level as what I visually saw - he'd get a decent amount of business courtesy the teambhp effect

As of today, ABS motors gurgaon returns this thread as the first one - not their own website
Old 6th July 2009, 00:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hmm lots of praise for ABS motors... but one of my friends experiences mechanics and best supply of parts. But I would go there ONLY if everybody else throws in the towel.with his Palio Stile 1.1 going to ABS was not one of the best. Anyway, I hope he is an isolated case.

That said, despite better equipment and better space, I have a feeling Elegant is still a safe bet for Fiats in Delhi (although I myself got my last service at Rama motors). This, despite the fact that Vivek automobiles has the most experienced
Old 6th July 2009, 00:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm lots of praise for ABS motors... but one of my friends experiences mechanics and best supply of parts. But I would go there ONLY if everybody else throws in the towel.with his Palio Stile 1.1 going to ABS was not one of the best. Anyway, I hope he is an isolated case.

That said, despite better equipment and better space, I have a feeling Elegant is still a safe bet for Fiats in Delhi (although I myself got my last service at Rama motors). This, despite the fact that Vivek automobiles has the most experienced
+1 for that. Although, I hadn't been to Elegant, but Rama was best till date. (Few niggles but that's acceptable).

ABS motors have prices for some jobs exhorbitantly high. My cousin's radiator was cleaned for 1100/-, add coolant and labour - total came to be 3500. I got the job done on my 1.6 Stile at Dhingra and Rama both, where it costed be 1500/- including coolant and labour!

How can one workshop charge for removing and re-fixing radiator 600 and another one 1600?
Old 6th July 2009, 00:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

My previous post got entirely mixed up thanks to copy-paste. Here's what I meant to write:

Hmm lots of praise for ABS motors... but one of my friends experiences with his Palio Stile 1.1 going to ABS was not one of the best. Anyway, I hope he is an isolated case.

That said, despite better equipment and better space, I have a feeling Elegant is still a safe bet for Fiats in Delhi (although I myself got my last service at Rama motors). This, despite the fact that Vivek automobiles has the most experienced mechanics and best supply of parts.

Quote:
Hmm lots of praise for ABS motors... but one of my friends experiences . But I would go there ONLY if everybody else throws in the towel.with his Palio Stile 1.1 going to ABS was not one of the best. Anyway, I hope he is an isolated case.

Old 6th July 2009, 12:12   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3. Went down to service bay, SA advised me against oil change. He quoted a whopping 4000 for engine oil and filter change . He told that if i still want to waste my money i can go ahead as they dont recomment it. NO OIL change was done. Rs 4000 isnt a small amount.
Synthetic oil? Check your manual : If Fiat recommends an oil change at the 1st service, you MUST get it done.

Either ways, I always change the oil at 1,000 kms on a brand new engine. You'd be surprising at how many metal shavings become a part of the oil.
Old 6th July 2009, 15:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
+1 for that. Although, I hadn't been to Elegant, but Rama was best till date . (Few niggles but that's acceptable).

ABS motors have prices for some jobs exhorbitantly high.
My friend had gone to RAMA for 1st service of his Linea (nimesh on ACI), he wasnt happy with the service. They delivered his car full of water marks, when he complained and shouted around, they took another 30-40 mins for a rewash. Also, i dont find the approach to rama workshop nice.
Loved cruising on 5-6 lane expressway gurgaon and took just 25 mins to reach.

Regarding spare prices priced high, dont know? Till 30000 kms everything will be free barring oil change and oil filter at 15000 kms interval. They quoted oil change for 3000 rs whereas a member here says it to be 2100rs. When i go for service next year (thanks fiat), will inquire about Oil change cost from Mr. Ashok Malik and give him my piece of mind if they intend to overcharge me. He knows am a team bhp member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Synthetic oil? Check your manual : If Fiat recommends an oil change at the 1st service, you MUST get it done.
GTO,
Am also surprised, i know about those metal shavings as i read it here on the forum itself. Fiat doesnt recommend oil change at 1st service, only change done at 15000 kms service SA told me fiat doesnt recommend oil change at 1st service and they havent changed it for any car serviced till now. Also 3k was a high amount and they made me believe that its a complete waste, my friend also told me not to get it changed as he also didnt, in the end i had to do what people forced at me.

As suggested by another Linea owner, he is keeping oil change intervals at 7500 kms and will get oil changed at that interval. I think its a good idea and i too will follow that.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Regarding spare prices priced high, dont know?
Not the spares, but labour charges.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:15   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fiat doesnt recommend oil change at 1st service, only change done at 15000 kms service
Very few manufacturers would recommend. Two reasons:

1. It's not absolutely necessary

2. It raises the cost of ownership (either to owner or to manufacturer) and will cause owner to say "Why did my car require an oil change so early when my neighbours Maruti didn't?" .

But of course, not everyone is a petrolhead who lives for cars. That's why we insist Team-BHPians get that 1,000 km oil change!
Old 6th July 2009, 22:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
owner to say "Why did my car require an oil change so early when my neighbours Maruti didn't?" .
That's why we insist Team-BHPians get that 1,000 km oil change!
, good one GTO and thats a reality. People will indeed say that line and think why Linea requires engine oil change so early that too synthetic oil a whopping 2500 rs cut on pocket whereas same Maruti will get it done for max 500-700.

I think i made a mistake of not getting oil changed at this service, was very confused. A bhpian commented oil change is 2100 rs and service centre quoted 3000 rs but still told me not to go for oil change
Seems i messed up big time.
Old 24th July 2009, 08:03   #30
BHPian

alright. my linea diesel has done around 700KM.

what is the advice for me?! i tend to follow what the service station guys tell me. and i was told by the fiat dealer to go for the first service at 3000KM...

should i still visit abs and get oil changed at 1000KM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks