Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well, I personally did it in my Swift D and recommend it to everyone.

Rest your car
Old 24th July 2009, 11:23   #32
BHPian

lets see how much abs motors quote me for oil change.
Old 28th July 2009, 03:20   #33
BHPian

i have to visit abs service station in gurgaon to get my car checked. the engine is giving an error related to the ignition system.

since this was my first visit and gurgaon is partially submerged in water due to 2 hours of rain last evening... i decided to checkout the location on my bike... at 2 am in the morning!

its all fine on the highway. i took the left turn at the hero honda chowk. all well.

i have to take a right turn from there... that road is a mess at this point of time. my bike struggled to go through that patch at that time. passing that... the road is in a messy condition.

let's see if i can manage to drive my car with that problem safely to the abs service station. it's going to be a painful adventure!
Old 28th July 2009, 18:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
since this was my first visit and gurgaon is partially submerged in water due to 2 hours of rain last evening... i decided to checkout the location on my bike... at 2 am in the morning!
Phew.. 2am? Good time to check the location out isnt it, empty roads and all the stuff. Good idea to take bike out and not car.
Quote:
i have to take a right turn from there... that road is a mess at this point of time. my bike struggled to go through that patch at that time. passing that... the road is in a messy condition.

let's see if i can manage to drive my car with that problem safely to the abs service station. it's going to be a painful adventure!
Yups the inner roads to ABS is as usual broken, i dont think after taking right turn even proper road is there, when we went there (no rains 44degree temp) it was all muddy and with standing water so i can imagine what is the condition now. Is the water too much for Linea?

You wont have a painful adventure, its a good A.S.S and am hopeful they will resolve your issue. If the car was running fine after that light came on, dont think anything major has happened.
Kisi sensor ka fuse udaa i guess.
Old 29th July 2009, 01:01   #35
BHPian

heh. today was an awful day. i took the car to abs motors. found myself in a more than a foot deep water on the way. this time on the national highway sidelane! it was like i was practically going through a small river. the car did not stopped thankfully. gurgaon is IN a state of mess...

i have no idea what kind of damage it inflicted on my car trying to get it repaired today.

abs motors kept me waiting for around 5-6 hours while they tried hard (or maybe not hard enough) to find out the problem in the car.

their computer sensors did not reveal any problem.

in the end, they concluded that it was some break connector sensor fuse type thing that has gone bad.

as i had expected, they did not have the part in stock. so i would be required to go back again.

it was an alright experience at abs motors... guys were generally friendly. i was not really amused by the way one of the repair guy was treating the car.

while closing down the bonnet, he forced it down and dislodged the stopper. it was like he had never worked on a linea before.

the same guy, i noticed was dead confused working with the touchscreen device that is connected to the car. i was asked to leave the service area when i started taking deep interest in what they were doing.

no one cared to inform me what was going on with the car even after hours of waiting. i had to go down... find one of the relevant guys to ask the status of the car.

in the end... i found my car to be in a dirtier condition than before. no one cared to get it washed before it was handed to me. no one even asked if i wanted it washed. i was too tired by then to argue or get it washed. just drove back home.

found out that the dudes at the service center guys had not closed the wiring compartment on the lower right side of the dashboard. it was loose. i had to drive all the way back to their service station to get it fixed in properly. noticed the damaged caused by screwdrivers on the corners of the compartments. its similar to what reported by others on the forum...

basically. i was just happy that i was out on the road in the car. and i could drive it freely. though, i still have doubts about that sensor that has been disabled for the time being.

Last edited by Sushubh : 29th July 2009 at 01:05.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
heh. today was an awful day. i took the car to abs motors. found myself in a more than a foot deep water on the way. this time on the national highway sidelane! it was like i was practically going ....
Sushubh,

Hope you had directly contacted Mr Ashok malik and told him you are a team bhpian and know our hitanshu a.k.a phamilyman. He is a very good man and took care of all niggles in my car.

When i was getting works done on my car in front of my eyes they (guards and SA) told me to leave service bay and i told them sternly: "You have made a car which is full of small faults and am sure that if i dont stand here tata mechanics will do all work wrong and called Mr malik who took care of me standing there"

Thing with TASS is that you have to get works done by standing on their head, if you leave car and enjoy cust lounge they wont touch car for few hours too, i had reached by 9:30 AM 3rd service car and work was started after 30 mins.

You are asking for wash after repairs, thats a crime in TASS.
Just converse with Ashok Malik and convince him to get spares ASAP, if feasible go for pick n drop though i dont like that.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the "please stay out of the service area" disease is really spreading in TASS. I go to Elegant Cars or Rama Motors. If they ask me to stay out of the service area, I guess they won't see my car there again, and they know it!

This is the third incident from ABS motors almost breaking the bonnet lock in an effort to open / close it. Either they need training, or you need a different service centre.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:46   #38
BHPian

well the first thing i did after reaching there was to meet mr. ashok malik. told him that i got his reference from team-bhp and i had heard good things about him and abs.

he showed interest in my car for a while. after that, it was all the usual. i have instructed the guys to do the needful. you car is being looked after properly. and stuff like that.

after a couple of hours of waiting in the lounge area... i just could not find him anywhere.

managed to get him on phone about the loosened up connector compartment on my second visit of the day. he got someone to come down and fix it for me.

overall, i dont think it mattered to him that i would be narrating everything from yesterday here on team-bhp.

the broken bonnet lock incident was awful. that guy was literally pushing down the bonnet without removing the lock. i was like *** mate. could have given him a similar treatment that he was giving my car.

i guess next time i go, i would TELL mr. malik that i want everything done on my car in front of my eyes. and if he cannot accept that condition... i would get it done from somewhere else.

as for pick and drop... i was told that they do not specifically have that facility. i could however be dropped back to my own place in my own car for the drop... but i would have to go there to pick my car on my own...

considering how far they have opened their service center... and the locality (no restaurant or market nearby)... it would have been cool if they had offered a proper pick and drop facility.

Last edited by Sushubh : 29th July 2009 at 15:52.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:34   #39
BHPian

here are two photos.

one shows the condition the compartment was not tightly locked when the car was delivered.

the other shows a huge gap that is visible even with the box closed tightly. fiat has given this spacing for screwdrivers.
Attached Thumbnails
ABS motors: a FIAT service option in Gurgaon!-3768941120_99117e1e6d.jpg  

ABS motors: a FIAT service option in Gurgaon!-3768941366_a4f3838fb4.jpg  

Last edited by Sushubh : 29th July 2009 at 17:35.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after a couple of hours of waiting in the lounge area... i just could not find him anywhere.
Wasnt there one lady there? She is too helpful, dont know her post but she kept me and my friend comfy by providing tea and asking for anything i wanted again and again.

Quote:
managed to get him on phone about the loosened up connector compartment on my second visit of the day. he got someone to come down and fix it for me.
Good, atleast he did something.

Quote:
the broken bonnet lock incident was awful. that guy was literally pushing down the bonnet without removing the lock.
Am amazed at that bro, bonnet was opened multiple times and they closed it as mentioned in the manual from a certain height.

Quote:
i guess next time i go, i would TELL mr. malik that i want everything done on my car in front of my eyes. and if he cannot accept that condition... i would get it done from somewhere else.
Why not? Give him a piece of your mind, just tell him this on phone and if he refuses (highly unlikely), tell him you would get work done somewhere else and would tell Mr Mangesh FIAT about ABS motors arrogance levels. Be stern with TASS.

Quote:
as for pick and drop... i was told that they do not specifically have that facility. i could however be dropped back to my own place in my own car for the drop... but i would have to go there to pick my car on my own...
Am in Dwarka which is far off from Gurgaon and they offered a free Pick n Drop for my 1st service although i read that only that service centre gives you pick n drop from where you bought the car. IS this service available for only SERVICING?
Just tell them straight that either they allow you stand with your car or you go somewhere else and a feedback to Fiat india will be sent.

A single mail to Mr Mangesh- head cust services from me and dealer people came rushing to me to get a satisfaction note signed.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sushubh ji, being a Fiat owner who is dependant on TASS, your primary worry should be to ensure that people at the ASC as well as you know what they are doing with the car.

Location, pick-up-and-drop and various other luxuries should be left to Maruti / Honda / Hyundai .
Old 31st July 2009, 19:37   #42
BHPian

thank you jee... they still have not called me back about the part that needs replacement on the car (some break sensor or something like that).

i am going to call them tomorrow morning and see if they are going to do anything about that.

since they are the one who disabled/removed that faulty part... i guess i am stuck with them for the time being.

in the end... i got what i had initially expected. my experience with apra auto for my two swifts was much better compared to what i got at abs.
Old 1st August 2009, 10:26   #43
BHPian

another question...

anyone facing issues with linea's wiper nozzle?

mine are giving me nightmares.

i got an abs mechanic to fix the positioning. one of their guys actually tried using a ball point pen to fix the direction of water flow.

the other person was a bit more useful as he got a screwdriver and that seemed to work better.

however, it still is not working out well for me. the nozzles just would not release the water at a good position. and as a result, the windshield has already gained scratches.

i called up ABS. and they have the same excuse they gave to another customer at the service station while i was there. you must have used the wipers without any water in the container.

and i am pretty sure that the scratches have started appearing after i came back from the ABS. the nozzle placement is below the wipers. on the first push the wipers themselves block the flow of water resulting in a dry swipe.

i have a mess in my hand as a result. i don't even think of using the wipers now.

called up windshield express and they have no solution for this problem. windshield replacement is the only solution as per them.

----

the good news is that my earlier problem is probably fixed now. abs guy told me on the phone that since the problem did not occur again, their is no need for any replacement. they had not removed or disabled any sensor. just cleaned and dried it up... so nothing has to be done about that now.

i now need to find a solution for my wiper problem.

Last edited by Sushubh : 1st August 2009 at 10:31.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:49   #44
Senior - BHPian

Adjust the nozzle with a screwdriver for up-down and a paper pin for left-right, that's how its done on a Palio. Regarding scratches, the Palio is one of the few cars in India where wash and wipe are independent functions and you spray first and wipe later when the windscreen is full of water. Love it.

On a side note, use "windshield cleaning liquid" from waxpol. Its cheap and ensures excellent visibility and smooth wipes. It smells like desi though.
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:00   #45
BHPian

well yeah. the damage has been done. scratches on the windshield of my less than 20 day old linea. i have sent a frustrated email to fiat guys.

i guess i would just try to fix the nozzle spray on my own considering going to abs is sounding like another frustrating experience in waiting.

so, is rama motors in okhla the best service station for fiat cars in delhi ncr region?

i guess i would drive all the way to their center if my car gets a little bit more respect there. ABS has been a A total BS for me.

and yeah, palio's mechanism sounds very nice! wash and wipe SHOULD be separate functions to prevent situations like mine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks