Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 08:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Imagine this: They are having issues even in selling the vehicle to you, what will happen with regards to A.S & S ?

You have the opportunity to cancel the booking and get rid of this manufacturer. Even if you like the product, if this is the attitude from dealer and manufacturer, leave the product and go for something that is better and values the customer i.e. Innova.
One wants peace of mind after buying car, Toyota will give you more of this.

Innova is the best people mover if you are not interested in off roading.
Old 10th March 2009, 08:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Ok. Thats it. I have had enough of this. Pls tell me what vehicle would be available for same day delivery. Safari? Innova? Maybe Sumo Grande even? How about fiat linea? Is there any waiting for delivery? How about second hand Elantra? say around 2006, 07 run about 30k Kms?
Check out the Safari and Scorpio dealers, they usually have the older models for sale immediately..Also insist on same day delivery to get it atleast within a week!

The older 2.6 Scorp is still available with some dealers i guess.
Old 10th March 2009, 09:05   #18
BHPian

If you prefer Toyota, contact info for their dealerships in Chennai can be located at Toyota - Find a Dealer

If you prefer TATA, contact info for their dealerships in Chennai are located at Tata Safari

A few phone calls would give you a good picture regarding the availability of Innova / Safari / Sumo Grande.

Hope you find a vehicle, and a buying experience, that you enjoy !

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 10th March 2009, 14:44   #19
BHPian

Innova it should be

Dude. Go for the Innova. Absolute peace of mind. Mine has done over 1.3L kilometers and not a single squeek in the car or a drop in performance. Total value for money.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys

he;s in love with XYLO,so be it cos to each its own.

We should try to help him getting the delivery earlier if he's still in love with XYLO.

And i hope everyone knows that there are a lot of differences between Service levels of Toyota and Mahindra
Old 10th March 2009, 15:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Archish, time to book the Innova I think......

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Guys

We should try to help him getting the delivery earlier if he's still in love with XYLO.
Sandeep, I think he's had enough of the Xylo. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is though - if it was production related, surely we'd have heard of it elsewhere as well?

Unless of course, its a production issue with the top end model only (which he's ordered).

By the way, I wonder where are our M&M brethren are? The ones who have been waxing eloquent on the Xylo vs Innova thread seem to have disappeared. They could have probably given us some valuable insights on the reasons for the delay - but alas.......
Old 10th March 2009, 15:43   #22
BHPian

Seeing and reading the post, This Guy is simply in love with product.

But fellow Bhpians I simply dont understand the fact, rather than hepling him with the solution for the Vehicle he liked, everybody is bashing his decision and Mahindra for this. Going In for Innova with same features will cost him approx. 2 lac more.

Safari Not a MUV
Grande forget about it!

And as far as Mahindra is concerned, If 6 months Waiting period for Dzire and Swift is fine then why not 2 months waiting period of Mahindra.

Does that shows that Mahindra services are bad, If that's the case then Maruti has got the worst services.

I Have owned the Scorpio and using the Innova from past 4 yrs and knows what are the goods and bad of each product and company.

My Suggestion throw a mail or Call to some one Senior in Mahindra and tell them about the same, not to some regional person.

This way I was sucessful in getting my TDCI with choiced colour on Time.
S_budhiraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 15:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Guys

And i hope everyone knows that there are a lot of differences between Service levels of Toyota and Mahindra
Suggestions for other brands came in only when he asked for them. If a person with M&M (not the dealer) is not able to give a proper picture, then what will the customer do? How long will you wait without know when it is that you will get your vehicle? And this was after Archish already sold his existing vehicle expecting the new one to arrive soon.

And I am sure, if someone over here was able to help him in getting an earlier delivery date (even a sure delivery date, even though it might be late) I am sure people would have come up.

And, sorry, but I did not get the thing about the service levels of Toyota & Mahindra. What are you saying here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
...My Suggestion throw a mail or Call to some one Senior in Mahindra and tell them about the same, not to some regional person.

This way I was sucessful in getting my TDCI with choiced colour on Time.
Same response as above, but for your last statement, maybe you can PM the contact details of the Senior M&M folks to Archish so that he can have one more attempt at it.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 10th March 2009 at 15:51.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:40   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Archish : She informed me that according to her the car would be 'billed' on 14th of this month and the car would be certainly delivered on the 21st.
A fax copy of the billing done, sent to you on 14th itself can help give documentary proof that it is indeed being sent across. Can they do it ? If yes, you can wait till 14th. But that must be the cut-off.

Quote:
Archish : Pls tell me what vehicle would be available for same day delivery.
While you may not get any vehicle off the rack, this particular delivery seems iffy for the dates communicated -even April 15th.

Quote:
S_budhiraj : But fellow Bhpians I simply dont understand the fact, rather than hepling him with the solution for the Vehicle he liked, everybody is bashing his decision and Mahindra for this. Going In for Innova with same features will cost him approx. 2 lac more.
@Budhiraj :
* how do we help him : cant push M&M for the delivery, can we ?
* Where is the bashing ? He had also considered the Innova - because his family likes it & wanted it, so asking him to reconsider & go for the Innova
* 2L may be, but he will get an Innova.
* Also, remember it is a NEW model. Just in case something is not right with the vehicle he gets - you can imagine what will happen. Sometimes, it's better to play safe.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:53   #25
BHPian

yes... i m in love wit this vehicle. Sometimes you cant give logical explanations to these kinds of things. My friend has a Luna that his father bought before he was born and he still drives it around. No, not for sentimental reasons, he says its very practical. Likewise, this Xylo is perfect for me. I just did a deatiled survey, a Innova in the same price range or even about 30K more than the top end xylo i have booked has no Ac or power windows. I have to spend about 2 lac more for atleast some of the features available in xlyo. Safari, well, I also test drove that, and its not about just the pricing, we have really push the vehicle hard for it to perform. Im not worried about the mahindra service. Im sure i can arm twist the dealer.

Yes, I know i m singing a different tune from before when i was asking about the other choices i have. And after some thought over the issue i think it is better to go with the same car.

But M&M... I was expecting something to happen. But nothing from their side. They dont have the information about thier own company.

If someone can pm me any contact details about someone in mahindra i would thankful. Mahindra customer care yeilded no result, just some honey dipped words thats it.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
But fellow Bhpians I simply dont understand the fact, rather than hepling him with the solution for the Vehicle he liked, everybody is bashing his decision and Mahindra for this. Going In for Innova with same features will cost him approx. 2 lac more.
Errr, I think you've missed the below post of Archish completely -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Ok. Thats it. I have had enough of this. Pls tell me what vehicle would be available for same day delivery. Safari? Innova? Maybe Sumo Grande even? How about fiat linea? Is there any waiting for delivery? How about second hand Elantra? say around 2006, 07 run about 30k Kms?
Old 11th March 2009, 13:39   #27
BHPian

Got this today....

from KOLLURU.VENKATESH@mahindra
to raghavram.archish@gmail
cc JAMWAL.MALVIKA@mahindra
date Mar 11, 2009 12:08 PM
subject FW: FW: RAGHAVRAM

Dear Mr. Raghavram,

Greetings from Mahindra Family!

We are in receipt of your concern regarding the delivery of your car. Congratulations for choosing the best car for your family. Due to overwhelming response, the delivery of your car will be delayed till 2nd week of April’2009. A communication regarding delay in delivery is also sent by Mr. Bhartendu Kapoor, Vice President Sales. As informed to you by Ms. Malvika, the car will be delivered to you by 15th of April’2009.

We deeply regret for the inconvenience.

Regards,

K.Venkatesh
RSM

I'm just not convinced with these ppl. I'm going in with the car. But i have had put in a lot of effort to just get the information about the exact time of delivery. Hope atleast the ownership experience will bring in something to smile.

I'm in a service based industry, I am just a grain of sand before Mahindra. But this not the way to go about your job, however big your company maybe.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

There is no point in crying for delay. If there is over response against supply there wil be waiting period. May be M&M is not aware that XYLO would be big success although it no where come near to Innova. OR M&M may be creating hype saying there is waiting period. As everyone speculation against reality matters a lot now a days in pushing the products.

My pick is Innova anyday even if it is 2 lacs more after I travelled in XYLO and Innova.

But If you are very much particular about XYLO just wait with patience nothing more you can do to get your dream vehicle. Many people have waited for 6 months to own their dream vehicle and so why cant you wait for a month from now to get your XYLO

Anyday If you decide against XYLO think Innova.

Ravi.
Old 11th March 2009, 15:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
There is no point in crying for delay. If there is over response against supply there wil be waiting period. May be M&M is not aware that XYLO would be big success although it no where come near to Innova. OR M&M may be creating hype saying there is waiting period. As everyone speculation against reality matters a lot now a days in pushing the products.

My pick is Innova anyday even if it is 2 lacs more after I travelled in XYLO and Innova.

But If you are very much particular about XYLO just wait with patience nothing more you can do to get your dream vehicle. Many people have waited for 6 months to own their dream vehicle and so why cant you wait for a month from now to get your XYLO

Anyday If you decide against XYLO think Innova.

Ravi.
Im not crying for the delay. I m just questioning the so called 'system' of Mahindra. When someone has to go till the VP Sales just to get the correct date of delivery. I dont mind waiting, and i have better things to do than dream about this car for the next month. But, if you have read this thread in full you would have seen that by giving me wrong information about the delivery date and made me sell my car and now i m without a four wheller.
Old 11th March 2009, 16:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

What I mean is this is common story from most of the services like this. Nothing much cant be done. So I suggested to wait. I know it hurts a lot when we have to face such situation personally.

They send appology letter at max, thats what they did in your case too I am not blamming M&M, its same story with others too when they couldnot meet the demand. Samething happened exactly when few other products launched including Swift/Dezire etc..

My sincere advise to such car makers: When they don't keep demand/supply balanced why they launch such products. Never buy such products when you are in a hurry else wait with patience. I am telling this based on my 10 years complete business experience in India.

Ravi.

Most Viewed