Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 18:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Im not crying for the delay. I m just questioning the so called 'system' of Mahindra. When someone has to go till the VP Sales just to get the correct date of delivery. I dont mind waiting, and i have better things to do than dream about this car for the next month. But, if you have read this thread in full you would have seen that by giving me wrong information about the delivery date and made me sell my car and now i m without a four wheller.
I guess people at mahindra work more in the "sarkar babu" culture. No point complaining about their system. THis is how they have been and this is how they probably woudl continue. Even FIAT or REnault could not make changes in the way their dealerships behaved.

The Xylo is a capable vehicle and as every other car comes with some disadvantages one of which you are right now experiencing. Now since the VP Sales has interfered you could possibly expect him to meet his commited date.

If you really want the xylo. I guess you will need to wait. You are at their mercy

How much advance have you paid the dealer?
Old 11th March 2009, 20:39   #32
BHPian

thank god for not booking it at any TVS showrooms. things are much worse in his place!!!!!
Old 11th March 2009, 21:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I guess people at mahindra work more in the "sarkar babu" culture. No point complaining about their system. THis is how they have been and this is how they probably woudl continue. Even FIAT or REnault could not make changes in the way their dealerships behaved.

The Xylo is a capable vehicle and as every other car comes with some disadvantages one of which you are right now experiencing. Now since the VP Sales has interfered you could possibly expect him to meet his commited date.

If you really want the xylo. I guess you will need to wait. You are at their mercy

How much advance have you paid the dealer?
I paid very little. Only 15k, that's what they wanted as a booking advance. Yes, you are right, like all vehicle Xylo has its advantages and disadvantage.

But for me, the price band, very comfortable seating (you have to admit that this car has better seating comfort than Innova, yes i have traveled and driven innova for more than 5000 kms), the space that it provided in the back to match that of my old qualis and the very fact that it leaves me enough money to get myself a second hand palio (my long time dream) was USP.

I think I would find myself a good palio for now and wait for the Xylo.
Old 12th March 2009, 16:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

I agree about XYLO seats, they are bigger and give better support than Innova but I don't how comfy they are in long drive. 3rd row space is better in XYLO than Innova but fit and finish and quality, driving is nowhere match to Innova. In similar braking situation I found XYLO is like boat it won't give confidence to drive it fast. In Innova even at 120kmph one feels safe but XYL above 70kmph I really felt I am unsafe.

But surprisingly XYLO is super smooth than Innova. NHV levels are excellant.

I wish Toyota put their technology in XYLO/scorpio/Safari I would baught anyone of those.

Please do one more TD as you have time and make sure for your requirment XYLO is right vehicle and go head.

Ravi.
Old 12th March 2009, 18:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I agree about XYLO seats, they are bigger and give better support than Innova but I don't how comfy they are in long drive. 3rd row space is better in XYLO than Innova but fit and finish and quality, driving is nowhere match to Innova. In similar braking situation I found XYLO is like boat it won't give confidence to drive it fast. In Innova even at 120kmph one feels safe but XYL above 70kmph I really felt I am unsafe.

But surprisingly XYLO is super smooth than Innova. NHV levels are excellant.

I wish Toyota put their technology in XYLO/scorpio/Safari I would baught anyone of those.

Please do one more TD as you have time and make sure for your requirment XYLO is right vehicle and go head.

Ravi.
I have TD the Xylo for number of times and during my 60 min allotment i did strech her legs on the highway, yes, went all the way upto 130 mark (you should see the face of the company driver!!!) i did feel every comfortable and as i said earlier i have driven innova a lot and i feel other than the front 2 seats of innova others are lil tight, esp. the last row. I am all of 6 feet 2 inches and in Xylo i sat like a king.Engine and the way they have padded her up should be appreciated here.

Sometime i just feel that Xylo is unfairly being pitted against Innova. For the same comforts in a Innova you have cough up 2 lacs more atleast. Its like comparing Chevy Spark with Fabia. Both are small cars, but 2 lacs away from each other.

I guess the ppl at Mahindra themselves dint want Xylo to be pitted against Innova, so only they when in with the line 'End of Sedan Era'. But what about Mahindra Logan?
Old 17th April 2009, 18:57   #36
BHPian

I see light somewhere at a distance....

I got a call from MPL this morning inforning me that my car E8 7 seater golden shimmer, was billed on 12th and would arrive in a weeks time.

They offered me another Xylo, E8 Gold Shimmer, but 8 seater. Initially i was tempted to accept their offer as i was offered a XYLO!!!! which seemed never possible about a week ago (I had lost all hopes of getting my car, and thought that i would get back my booking amount). But sense prevailed. I had awaited for this car from Feb 8th, why settle for something that i dint want after all this wait. I said i would wait for the weeks time and get my 7 seater.

Now, this guy, has the guts to push me. He asks me to get my finances ready before the car arrives. I gave him a good dollop of my mind. I waited for this car and because ending of the last financial year the loan which i had got approved was void and i had to go thru the process allover again and he is asking me to get my money ready.

Anyways, I m gonna get my Xylo in a weeks time i guess!
Touch all the wood in the world!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks