Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2009, 18:38   #1
BHPian

Xylo delivery issue

Hi...

first things first to the moderators... If u find this thread does not belong here pls do move it.

This is my first thread here. I have been hanging around for sometime now. But now I am really desperate and I want some one help me. They can certainly help me.

I have already posted my trouble in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...6-onwards.html

My trouble in detail is this.

I saw and fell in love with Xylo. Had to fight with my family and had to make them reverse their decision to buy a Innova and made them book a Xylo on 8th of Feb 2009 at Mahindra MPL in chennai. On booking i was told that there would be a waiting period of 4 weeks. I felt that it was fair and they booking was done efficiently and I finalized on E8 model (7 Seater) Golden Shimmer color.

I dint want the car to get unloaded in chennai and wait for me to sell Qualis then arrange for Bank loan. So, i called them on 25th of Feb and asked them for the status of my booking. I was told that the bill would be raised on 29th of Feb and the car would be ready for registration 6 to 7 days from billing. Taking them into account, I listed my car in newspaper on 1st of March and my car was sold the same day. And the next day i marched to my banker deposited whatever i told from selling my Qualis which was about 50% of Xylo value and since they had to only fund 50%, they readily agreed and so the paper work was done and also have the approval letter by 3rd of March.

I dint want to pressure the MPL ppl so waited till 6th of March (i.e. yesterday) and went to their showroom. And my troubles start now. I meet the sale guy who made my booking and ask for the status and he says in a cool nonchalant way "It will take time sir. Why are you in such hurry? What you want?". I was totally taken aback by this statement. I explained my situation telling him that I have sold my vehicle taking his word into account. He said "Last week when you called there was good delivery rate. But now there are no cars available. You have to wait." I said i was ready to wait but he had given me a commitment of 4-5 weeks and it was almost 4 weeks and all I want is a confirmed date of delivery. Even though i was really frustrated i was very nice to him. I asked him how can there be no system by which they can monitor the booked vehicle. and i demanded to see his senior.

This guy walks in and says that there is drop in supply and there is only one truck per week coming into chennai and there are 2 dealers in chennai. Each gets only 2 vehicles so only the delay. He also revealed to me that my car was not even billed yet. And it would take 10 days to deliver my vehicle from the date it is billed. Till this time i was thinking that my vehicle was billed and i might get delivery in a weeks time. At this point, the delivery was pushed back to 15th of March.

This afternoon, I talked to manager of the showroom. The response i got from him was that there is no way to tell when i would get the delivery of the car. There about 4 ppl in waiting list before me and only after they get it I would get mine.

I m now here asking my fellow Bhpians to help me. I don’t mind waiting for this car for another 10 days but, I should be given a specific date. I really like this car and I have spent a lots and lots of time researching about this car.

Now we have no car with us now. And i m being pressurized by my family and friends to look for other options. Maybe a Innova or a Safari. Those things are there for delivery or max a waiting time of about a week. But i don’t want to go for them. I like Xylo.

* I know that there are ppl from Top Level of Mahindra in this forum.
* Can they do something about this?
* I am breaking any rules of this forum by asking for this help?
I am a real Xylo enthusiast and know that this is a real long shot. But the right ppl can get this done if they want to. I hope my first help asked in this forum would bear fruit.
Thank you guys for your time so far.
Old 7th March 2009, 19:19   #2
BANNED

You must have sold your Qualis for the reasons best known to you, but frankly it will be a tough ask for Xylo to step in to the empty shoes & the proof of this has already been given to you by Mahindra, even before the buy!
My suggestion to you would be "dump" the Xylo plans, there's enough/better competition & invest in something that gives you peace of mind.
In case your mind is made up for the Xylo only, there are people on the forum who will be happy to help you.

Btw, if you were happy with your Qualis, Innova would have been the ideal replacement!

Last edited by bhp1 : 7th March 2009 at 19:22.
Old 7th March 2009, 19:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Have you thought about calling their regional sales manager (Mahindra that is). At times these guys can work out a surprise as was in my case when I bought the Scorpio and the delivery had to be arranged at a very short notice. Call them and ask for help. They generally do respond.
Old 7th March 2009, 21:01   #4
BANNED

Talk to the other dealer. Looks like the present dealer did not place an order with the manufacturer.
Old 7th March 2009, 21:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

If the showroom people themselves treat you like trash , imagine if you need something during service. Theres no point punishing yourself further IMO.

You can try escalate things to Mahindra. The contact details should be available on the M&M website. Try your luck.
Old 7th March 2009, 21:25   #6
BHPian

Don't think of buying XYLO. Innova is an ideal replacement for your qualis and you will seriously enjoy the workmanship and quality control of Innvoa.

By the way Xylo has an issue with the gearbox and that is of extensive vibrations in the gearbox.

Rethink your decision if necessary.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 8th March 2009, 16:08   #7
BHPian

Guys thanks for your great response. I think I would fight for my car, atleast a little more.

I am going to the showroom tommorow and I would be talking to the Manager. And i have also shot a letter to customer care mail id available in the Xylo website.

Would keep updating as and when things happen. As of now I am determined to get Xylo.

I will what happens at tommorow's meeting with the showroom manager and take things from there.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Archish : I think I would fight for my car, atleast a little more.
+1 to go for the Innova.

Do you want to fight for the Xylo because you want the Xylo, or do you want to fight for it so you can stand up for your choice ?

No, I am not trying to put you down either way. Sit back, think, and decide which way you want to go. You have got a chance to re-think your choice.
Old 8th March 2009, 19:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

the difference between toyota and mahindra ownership is like night and day, and you're already seeing a preview of how things can go wrong. take the hint, cancel the booking, and get the innova. I feel the xylo is only for those who cant afford an innova. If you can afford one, by all means get it !

I cant imagine how anyone can be enthusiastic about the xylo. its as ugly as they come , handles like a pendulum on 4 wheels and there is nothing good about it except for the engine and the price, and the toyota could beat it on the engine front

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th March 2009 at 19:56.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:43   #10
BHPian

I wrote to the Mahindra Customer care yesterday and this is the response i got.... Hope thier sales team is quick to respond.

to : raghavram.archish@gmail.com
date : Mar 9, 2009 12:54 PM
subject: FW: RAGHAVRAM

Dear Mr Raghavram

We are in receipt of your mail. Thank you for writing to us and bringing this to our notice. We sincerely apologise for the delay in delivery of your vehicle and have escalated this concern to our Sales team in who will look into it and revert to you with details

Thanks

Customer Care.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

I just hope this is not a standard response and that someone is actually looking into it.

All the best, Archish.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:29   #12
BHPian

After this mail.

I was called by Mahindra and Mahindra chennai Representative Ms.Malavika. She was very well informed about the situation and our dealer had also talked to her in this regard.

She first apologised if there was any misinformation given to us from the dealers side and also apologised for any rude behaviour. I told them that there no rude behaviour but just misinformation and dealer just is in total darkness about the status of the car. She finally got to the point. She informed me that according to her the car would be 'billed' on 14th of this month and the car would be certainly delivered on the 21st.

I would be happy if whatever she told me was correct and happens. But what worries me is that when this person representing M & M has correct information, why is the dealer totally ignorant about this dates? Is the delivery date given by this person from M & M correct??? Too many questions... I guess only on 14 and 21st things will get cleared.
Old 9th March 2009, 19:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
After this mail.

I was called by Mahindra and Mahindra chennai Representative Ms.Malavika. She was very well informed about the situation and our dealer had also talked to her in this regard.

She first apologised if there was any misinformation given to us from the dealers side and also apologised for any rude behaviour. I told them that there no rude behaviour but just misinformation and dealer just is in total darkness about the status of the car. She finally got to the point. She informed me that according to her the car would be 'billed' on 14th of this month and the car would be certainly delivered on the 21st.

I would be happy if whatever she told me was correct and happens. But what worries me is that when this person representing M & M has correct information, why is the dealer totally ignorant about this dates? Is the delivery date given by this person from M & M correct??? Too many questions... I guess only on 14 and 21st things will get cleared.
Whatever i had thought has happened!!!

Just 5 mins after posting the previous message I got a call from Malavika again. I, for a second was happy and thought that she might even tell me the delivery date has been preponed. But NO!!! It seems that there is an issue. There are about 4 ppl who have booked before me and I would get my vehicle only after 15th of April. Imagine i have booked my car on 8th of feb. and they are telling me that my car will be there only on 15th of April, that is a waiting period of 10 weeks. And over the top of that it is not like surely I would get the vehicle on 15th of April. Might be might be not.

Ok. Thats it. I have had enough of this. Pls tell me what vehicle would be available for same day delivery. Safari? Innova? Maybe Sumo Grande even? How about fiat linea? Is there any waiting for delivery? How about second hand Elantra? say around 2006, 07 run about 30k Kms?
Old 10th March 2009, 07:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

That surely is a bad one! A person from M&M not know what is happening within their own company! Talk about goof ups, this one takes the cake.

She should have at least got her facts right before calling you.

For the rest of the vehicles, go to the respective showrooms and check the in-stock vehicles and then decide. Toyota will give you the best experience, for the rest, its anyone's guess.
Old 10th March 2009, 08:05   #15
BHPian

I dont see any value in you sticking with Xylo. You are already going through a lot of bad experience and your ownership of this vehicle will turn sour if you happen to experience even a very small niggle. Go to other dealers and check for the availabillity of the Safari / Innova. Toyota is one good place to be!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks