Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 13:21   #1
BHPian

Have i been taken for a Ride by the Dealer ??? Help Please.

Hello Guys,

I have a serious Issue to discuss. Need advice from you guys.
It's a Long Story. Here it goes....

I booked a Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi from Chowgule, Satara Road, Pune on 1st December. I made a Down Payment of 42000 and got a Loan approved of 2.65 Lakhs from Bank of Maharashtra at 12.25% for 5 Years. Due to good contacts between Chowgule and Bank of Maharashtra, the Loan got approved the same evening and i gave the Pay Order of 2.65 Lacs to Chowgule that same day.

Chowgule sent the Car for Registration and i got a call on 4th (Thursday) or 5th (Friday) that the Car has been registered. A couple of Days later, i believe on the 7th, Car prices were reduced by 4% due to the Cenvat Reduction and i remember reading that they would take effect immediately.

The next day, i enquired with Chowgule if i would get the benefit of about 10,000 Rupess to which they declined and told that the Car has already been registered before so i won't get the Cash Benefit. Nor did they give any Free Accessories to compensate for that. I was dissapointed but accepted my fate.

I don't know what struck me now but i just thought of checking my RC Card and it states the Registration Date as 8/12/08 , which i believe is after the Cenvat Reduction. The final Bill/Invoice of my Car has a Date of 1/12/08 and the Total Amount is 2,54001 + 31,750 (12.5% VAT) = 2,85,752.

The Ex-Showroom Price of the Car was 2,91,000 at that time and after the Cenvat Reduction, it dropped down to 2,82,000.
The Total On-Road Cost of my Car was coming to 3,26,000.
I got a Corporate Discount of 4500 and the Company Discount on Alto of 14000.
So, the Total On-Road Price came to around 3,07,000. Out of this, i paid 42000 DP and the Loan amount was 2.65 Lacs. The Dealer just gave Teflon Coating as a Freebie.

Am totally confused, Guys. Should i have got the Cenvat Reduction benefit as the Registration Date on the RC Card shows up as 8/12/08?
Have i been taken for a Ride?
If Yes, then can i fight back and claim the Discount?
help Guys. This is a serious concern for me.
Old 12th March 2009, 14:55   #2
BANNED

I guess you may not be in luck. I think the CenVat becomes due as soon as the car leaves the factory. So it may already have been paid. The dealer + firm absorb the difference in the transition period, since they will not have a sale otherwise.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Did you inform the dealer about the dates? And how did he react to it.
Firstly put a little friendly pressure on him to offer accessories or a cash back. Since the billing etc are over I wonder if they have the facility to give cash back. Make it a casual conversation and note what he says carefully.
If he does not or is inconsistent, then put a little more pressure on him.
Old 12th March 2009, 15:23   #4
BHPian

Abhi as per the link below
4% Cenvat, fuel price cut to boost auto sector: Experts
it was done on 8th Dec 08. Not sure if it is applied immediately. I think you should put an email to maruti complaining about the dealer. If possible check with other dealers in Pune.Maruti do respond on these

Last edited by aka_iitd : 12th March 2009 at 15:24.
Old 13th March 2009, 01:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Date of Invoice - is what matters

The price (including CENVAT & other taxes) on the date of the invoice is what matters. It seems the dealer raised the invoice on the day the Pay Order was given to him. This means that he sold it to you on that day at the prices prevailing on that day.

The subsequent registration with the RTA is of no consequence. For registration one has to produce the original invoice so the sale is always before the registration.

Sorry about it.

Cheers,
Old 13th March 2009, 01:55   #6
BHPian

as much as it might pinch dude, unfortunately you missed the bus (so to speak!) by a couple of days.

the dealer is not at fault since he generated a bill the day he got his money - that is the ethical and correct thing to do. had he not done that, then not only is it certain that there is hanky panky but people like us on this forum would have screamed blue murder....

accept it and enjoy your ride mano. don't let this play on your mind and distract you from what is really important - your set of wheels!!!

drive safe and stay sane.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:38   #7
BHPian

yes... nothing you can do now that you have paid the amount in full.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:24   #8
BHPian

Agree with what the others are saying on this thread. The prices on the date of the invoice will apply.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:51   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Even i agree that when an invoice is raised, the sale is done and completed. If during a subsequent date there is a decrease in the price of the product, it is purely the dealer/seller's prerogative to offer you the difference amount.

If he does not, then you just have to frown and curse your luck. Do not worry, it happens to all of us at some stage of our lifes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks