Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2009, 20:26   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
It was at the Geo Motors Mistubishi showroom on the NH byepass.
It is the Mistubishi Outlander.
Oh how I wish it was a Mistubishi Freelander. I would have liked that. Ever since I bought the Lancer I have been a big Mistubishi fan.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2009, 21:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think mitsu sales are almost entirely driven by TD's. they dont do many ad campaigns ,And the cedia seems to be one of those cars you come back from a TD grinning, so they give out TD's to anyone who asks for it and almost all of them fall for it
Old 14th March 2009, 22:06   #18
BHPian

It surprises me as to how these salesmen of 10L+ cars dont seem to have basic sales skills. Its not that they are doing such fanstastic business that they cant handle the load. Just before i bought my Baleno, i had a really bad experience with Honda - three times the TD that was promised did not happen and when the fourth time i went to their showroom and it still did not happen, i swore i would not buy from them. this time around, with a budget of 15L+, you would expect that they would remember to call and followup and keep to their timings - huge dissapointment. The service industry and the sales folks dont seem to understand customer satisfaction - in Mumbai, though, i feel they know the power of customer satisfaction - sadly in the south it is missing..
Old 14th March 2009, 22:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Had an experience with Dakshin Honda when I went for TD of ANHC AT. There was no AT model there and then I said I will try the manual for now and asked to arrange to send the AT to my home the next day. He reluctantly agreed to TD the manual and all the way he was pointing at all U turns to take it back! Finally I returned the car after about 10 kms drive. But this chap never called back for the TD of AT. I tried followup and he transferred the call to some coporate sales guy. He said the AT car is only available at the city showroom and I have to go there for the TD. I am living about 20 kms away and never managed to do it yet. Even if I decide to buy the car, that will never be from Dakshin Honda anyway. I heard Magnum is much better.
Old 14th March 2009, 22:18   #20
Team-BHP Support

If Automatrix, the Tata dealer of Mangalore/Udupi area had given me TD of 2.2L when they got the TD Vehicle, I would have been a Safari 2.2L owner. Instead they sent the TD vehicle 20 days later. Meanwhile I snapped and started looking at 20L range vehicles.

If Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore had given me the TD of Tucson as promised, I would be driving the Tuscon right now.

When I initially visited Kanchan Hyundai-Udupi in my Santro (Baleno was sold by then in anticipation of Safari which didn't happen), they were very interested to sell me a small car. When I said I want to TD Tucson, the face of the sales guy just flopped all the way to the ground. They had no interest in selling that car. When I persisted on Tucson, he gave me the GM's number for Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore and asked me to arranged it myself.

When I spoke to the GM of Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore, he promised to send TD vehicle in next two days. While waiting of it, I also TDed GV just to get a reference point for Tucson. After many reminders, the GM of Kanchan Hyundai-Mangalore failed to keep his word. After the GV TD, I started researching GV and found it very interesting. Meanwhile the Tata motors were also continuously stalling on 2.2L TD while everybody else in the country was getting the TD. Finally since I didn't have any other alternative, I booked the GV and rest is history.
Old 14th March 2009, 22:34   #21
BHPian

i never had an actual TD for the fiesta which i was planning to buy!!
they were hospitable enough to bring the car home but it was a diesel.and i ended up buying the petrol!!
Old 15th March 2009, 00:14   #22
BHPian

Recently, before buying my Vista I was invited to have a test drive of Aveo UVA at a Mela near my office. I went there along with my friend and was given choice of 2-3 cars to select for the drive. When I started, the salesman asked me to go to the highway at higher speeds and then to go to the worst road so as to see how good its suspension is. On returning back, he asked my friend to have a test drive. He declined since he had already decided for a Verna. Finally I asked him whether it is really a test drive car. To my horror, he said " It is an already sold one sir."
Old 15th March 2009, 14:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Happened just yesterday. Accord V6 not available. "Sir it hasn't been launched in Mumbai yet". That was followed by "No sir no 2.4 A/T available for test drive, fllowed by "No sir I'm sorry but no ANHC A/T available for test drive." First the price increase and now this, God bless Honda.
Old 15th March 2009, 15:46   #24
BHPian

FLASHACK 10years ago ::

This makes me realise that I got pretty good treatment from Vijai Motors Bangalore. When we wanted to book a Matiz - we went to their erstwhile showroom on RV road..and expressed interest in a TD. They said they would send us a car - to our place - with a salesman and an engineer in two days.

Bang on target - on the second day, an excel grey Matiz with two well mannered engineers turned up in the evening and spent over an hour explaining to us the product as well as taking us round and round to satisfy our doubts.

Back then, we wanted to TD a Hyundai Santro imm after this and had arranged for a TD at Advaith Hyundai - on lalbagh road (subbaih circle IIRC) - but when we went there he said the TD car just left for some other customers location and that he can't give us a TD today. :x

He promised it in 2 days but nobody followed it up and we realised they were being lackadaisical about it - we just plumped for the Matiz. And we are happy with our decision
Old 22nd March 2009, 00:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sequence of events :

This is a link to my previous post on this thread itself.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1213838

And a week later this happens.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...accord-v6.html

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 22nd March 2009 at 00:37.
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
How can he give importance to some other customer at some other location when he has one right in front of him? ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Sonata Transform TD was promised but the guy delayed for a good 3 weeks.
Till date Hyundai hasn't given me the Getz CRDi TD.
Today morning Mahindra told me they would get back to me in an hour for Xylo TD but no call after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Once in the car I asked the salesman, what happened I thought you didn't have a car available? He said no sir, this is an employee's car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
i had a really bad experience with Honda - three times the TD that was promised did not happen ..
On only one occasion did I got to a showroom for a test drive. Usually we ask the dealer to come to us and most dealers eventually do. if they dont atleast we have not wasted our time.

The one occasion (2004) I went to the showroom was when I happened to be passing by. The Autobahn Skoda guys took me for a testdrive in a yellow Skoda vRS which I found out during the drive was owned by an Autobahn employee (the owner himself).

Last edited by navin : 22nd March 2009 at 10:04.
Old 22nd March 2009, 10:20   #27
BANNED

It happened to me twice.

Once when i went for a TD of vista (concorde chennai)and i had to wait for an 30mins .car was available but the sales person told me they would give it along with one more customer and the also the driver wasnt there nearby to take the car out.

The second time was when i wanted to try out swift D.in fact i booked the car after driving a petrol car (alteast to find if am fitting into the swift) and got the test drive only two days later.

The reason was that maruti had given the dealer a new car which was to be registered. (refreshed 2008 in september,which is almost 9 months after the new look was launched)

But some how i was confident after reading the posts here in tbhp and booked the car.
Old 22nd March 2009, 12:33   #28
F50
Senior - BHPian

I have never been denied for a TD, but there is always an exception, the great Honda!
Last TD was Fiat Linea, very good experience I must say.

After reading Akshay's (flyingspur) thread, I think we should say that line used in one of the recent Pepsi ads - Jaanta hai mera baap kaun hai? Then im sure they'll never deny.
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:03   #29
Team-BHP Support

I tell you guys just try this. Call Honda/Skoda/whoever and once you get to a manager of some sort or someone who has a brain tell them that you would like a TD and if they can arrange a TD at your office. They usually comply. Always worked with me.
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

When i went for my 15000 kms service for my Getz CRDi at ARAS PVPV HYUNDAI in Erode , i saw a TD car of i20. I just wanted to see the difference between the Getz and the i20. I asked for a TD, the sales person asked the Manager (who was sitting in a chair reading the newspaper)about it , and the sales person said he will be back in a min , he went off and was chatting with his colleage. Nobody turned up . I sat inside the car and looked at the interiors and the features and closed the door . Walked out of the showroom.. Those guys are interested in giving a TD only when someone is very keen to buy the car..

Last edited by undead : 22nd March 2009 at 13:15.

Most Viewed