Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

In the Indica User group, the favoured ones seem to be Gurgaon Car Scanner and Sameer Motors, Karnal.

I am totally unaware of the locations of these in that area.
Old 7th June 2008, 09:55   #17

Guys

Yes, Nawab motors has been stripped of the TASC status and they are no longer authorised to service TATA vehicles. I am told that they have a lot of material in store and hence are still servicing tata vehicles. In case your vehicle is under warranty, just DO NOT go to them - as stated earlier, even otherwise, they are very very bad....I would still say, in any case, worst of the lot is Shah (they try to take money and just don't do anything) followed by Nawab (very very bad)....

Sadly, it appears that there is no decent service station for Tata across Noida (and perhaps Delhi).

V Shekhar Avasthy
Old 7th June 2008, 14:43   #18
BHPian

Elegant Cars Pvt. Ltd., Formerly SAMYAK Motors

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Palio GTX, and called Fiat's national service manager to get a recommendation on what would be the best service facility in Delhi/NCR.

I specifically asked him for the absolutely best service facility that he would personally recommend. I told him that I live in Delhi near the Gurgaon border and can drive anywhere in the NCR to get the best possible service. I also told him that I am VERY particular about service work, and want only top notch work done.

He advised that Samyak motors in Noida as the best, and reassured me that they do good work. Based on this advise, I drove about 1.5 hours to Elegant/Samyak. They do both Fiat and TATA vehicles.

I arrived there about 11:30 a.m. and called the service manager, Mr. Sharma. Within 5 minutes, his floor supervisor met me in the front, and takes the car for a test drive. We then pull into the service bay, and a mechanic is called over and he starts work on the car immediately. The mechanic was friendly and helpful.

By 6 p.m., they had done the following work:
Change all drive belts
New timing belt
Both front suspension arms
Both rear bearings
spark plugs
trans oil change
power steering fluid flush/change
new battery tray
fix electric window
replace sunvisor clip
fuel filter

All work was done perfectly and quickly. This shop had all parts in stock.

I was very impressed with the quality of work and the speed. The staff attitude was the best that I have experienced in a workshop in India. I would give this shop a 10 out of 10!

Needless to say, this is the shop where my Fiat Palio will be serviced on an ongoing basis.

Best regards,
RedMM340 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2008, 20:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey RedMM340. Thanks for sharing your experience with Samyak Motors. Could you please share the contact details of the Service Centre.
Old 8th June 2008, 09:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Hey RedMM340. Thanks for sharing your experience with Samyak Motors. Could you please share the contact details of the Service Centre.
Hi Rajneesh,

Here are the contact details:

Elegant Cars Pvt. Limited
Formerly Samyak Motors
206, F.I.E., Patparganj Industrial Area
Delhi - 92

Service Manager, Mr. Om Prakash Sharma 981142354

Team BHP is a great resource to share workshop/service experiences, and can really help avoid problem workshops and provide recommendations for good shops.

I believe that this is an important enough topic to justify a separate forum topic sub-section. Perhaps TBHP administrators will read this and agree.

Best regards,

Gaurav Prabhakar
Old 8th June 2008, 12:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the information Gaurav. Do the folks at Elegant car service Tata range of pasenger cars as well . I had gone to Shah Motors with a problem with my wipers . They replaced the wiper motor assembly. Though my wipers are working perfectly now I ended up paying Rs 4230 for the job. I now believe that the existing motor could have been repaired, saving me a lot of money, but at that point in time I just wanted to get the problem sorted out ASAP . However my car is fast approaching the 80 k Mmark ( a major service) and would like to go to some one who does a professional job.
Old 8th June 2008, 13:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Oops! you hve mentioned that in your earlier post. My apologies.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:07   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Team BHP is a great resource to share workshop/service experiences, and can really help avoid problem workshops and provide recommendations for good shops.

I believe that this is an important enough topic to justify a separate forum topic sub-section. Perhaps TBHP administrators will read this and agree.
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the suggestion. Of course, we agree. Thats precisely the reason behind this separate "dealership" section. Or did you have something else in mind? Please use the Contact us Form or the Suggestions thread for further comments.
Old 9th June 2008, 12:03   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Thanks for the information Gaurav. Do the folks at Elegant car service Tata range of pasenger cars as well . I had gone to Shah Motors with a problem with my wipers . They replaced the wiper motor assembly. Though my wipers are working perfectly now I ended up paying Rs 4230 for the job. I now believe that the existing motor could have been repaired, saving me a lot of money, but at that point in time I just wanted to get the problem sorted out ASAP . However my car is fast approaching the 80 k Mmark ( a major service) and would like to go to some one who does a professional job.
Rajneeesh? Is your car under warranty? If not I would suggest don't go to any TASC.
I know a good mechanic in sector 16. He has been working on my car since 80K kms and now its almost 25000kms with him.
In this period he has done some major repairs
1. Alternator replacement
2. timing belt replacement(scheduled)
3. Whole suspension overhaul and quite a few part replacement(after underbody hit)
4. Rear brake pads replacement(this is a big job in Tata if the bearings are almost jammed)
5. AC compressor repair(Company quote was minimim 10K, I got it done for less than 3K)

So all you need to do is open the owners manual, and see what all you need to get changed at 80K.
His specialty is electricals.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Tanveer,

Could you please share the guy's name and cell number. It sure will help a lot of people.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Hi Guys

I have been trying to get a good workshop / mechanic in Mumbai / Thane - my Xeta is 2 year old and havent taken extended warranty - if anyone knows a good guy to get this doen wil be a great help.

BTW - is it good to get a AMC with these guys or should it be a need based thing?

Cheers
Old 17th September 2009, 12:37   #27
BHPian

My Marina is nearing the 50K mark and I want to send it out for rejuvenation. I have been stiking to my local workshop to do the regular fluid changes (every 5K) and a Clutch job since the warranty got over and I don't have extended warranty. There is no major complaints with the car only the suspension needs a look through coz of the state of Delhi roads and some rattles on the doors. I am in Dwarka and work is Okhla. Any place on this route will be great. Any pointers to a good workshop.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:16   #28
BHPian

Car Servicing in Noida

I have a 2005, Indica Turbo DLX which is clocking 85K on the odo. I have tried the following places for servicing
  • Sterling, Noida - Very expensive, rates of lubes etc are way too high, washing leaves the car stained. Overall not recommended unless there is something which only a TATA Service Center can do!
  • Carnation, Udyog Marg - Inexpensive, to the point and good followup. Clean the car well and explain the jobs done. The group has sound backing and looks promising. You may go here if you are want to go for a branded service station.
  • Auto Restoration - A Castrol Authorized Service station. Mr Nandi at the helm of affairs. Very very reliable and do the work to your satisfaction. Will never fleece money on unnecessary tasks. Mr Nandi gives correct and apt advice on what one should do or not do. Very humble and I am getting my car serviced from there from last 4 times and never had a problem.

Auto Restoration,
C132 Sector10 Noida, 201301
Mr Nandi's can be contacted on phone - 9811896669

My recommendation go for Auto Restoration. Talk to Mr Nandi and get correct assessment of your car.
Old 13th October 2010, 16:23   #29
BHPian

Hey folks, any current info about Sanya Motors workshop in Okhla? I've had a good experience with them (in 2002-2003) related to the servicing of my Indica V2, 2002 model. Bought it from the same dealership (in Defence Colony) as well.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:04   #30
BHPian

Re: Good Tata workshop noida/South delhi?

Hello Everyone,

My Safari's extended warranty has expired recently and I wanted to know if there are any good independent mechanics/service center that would do a good and reasonable job of maintaining my Safari.

While the Safari was in its warranty period (2 + 2 years) , I made it a point to not venture out of the TASS network and it has been regularly serviced at Nawab Motors in Noida and then at Automobile Sterling. Although, I do not have exact figures, but I get the feeling that they overcharge for stuff you need and change parts that are not required.

so any inputs regarding independent and reliable setup in Noida will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks