Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 15:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I personally know almost the entire service staff at their Hosur Road outlet/yard which enables me to get my service done to my satisfaction levels.
Its the same with any service center devdath , if you know someone really well even the worst service centers can give you satisfactory results.
Ideally it depends on what kind of relationship you hold with the SA's and if it aint a sore one am sure the SA will go out of his way to fix your vehicle.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:22   #47

Re: Scorpio Dealer / Service Station in Bangalore

heard there are new mahindra service centers coming up by a new dealer called Chrome Motors. One at mysore road and another at koramangla. The one at mysore road will open in a weeks time. This dealership is by the same guys who run Blue Hyundai. I am a Blue customer and these guys offer great service.
Old 15th July 2011, 09:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latif Hussain View Post
heard there are new mahindra service centers coming up by a new dealer called Chrome Motors. One at mysore road and another at koramangla. The one at mysore road will open in a weeks time. This dealership is by the same guys who run Blue Hyundai. I am a Blue customer and these guys offer great service.
No idea about this , however IG is opening it's 2nd facility(service center) in Whitefield pretty soon. Heard it's going to be a pretty big one from a reliable source.
Old 15th July 2011, 09:56   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Adding to my woes with Sireesh!

my experience with Sireesh has been equally useless. they are a second rate setup. I vastly prefer SKS where work gets done properly - either at their bannerghatta road or their hosur road facility.
thing is, whichever service station you go to, it is necessary to have a good relationship with the staff there - else the work will not get done to your satisfaction.
unfortunately in our dear old country there is no such thing as a proper SLA and process to ensure the same.
hence we customers have to invest the requisite time and energy to build strong relationships to get our work done despite after sales service being well within our rights and the fact that we pay good money for such service!
My vehicle will come out of its extended warranty in another year from now - perhaps then I shall consider going to a private garage to service it - if I still have it with me that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
After my last stint with Sireesh, I periodically used to hear an intermitant rubbing/grinding noise from somewhere near the wheels. As, I had got the axles greased, brakes checked and the leaf srpring bushes replaced from them (atleast I hoped so), just thought it must be some dust or grime between the leaf springs.
Last weekend, I was driving home to Wayanad with my mom. We started early in the morning and reached Mysore by 6am. We stopped on the Mysore ring road as our labrador needed a pee break. I was horrified to see the rear left drum fuming hot. The brakes were jammed.

Drove to a nearby roadside garage and we had to wait for a good 2-3 hours for the mech to come in. He opened the drum and the first thing he asked me was who had worked on the brakes recently? I told him the history and then he showed me how the brake liners were placed. The liners were'nt even sitting in its destined place and was constantly rubbing against the drum. They (Sireesh) had tried to open the Brake Cylinder and in the process, got one of the piston got stuck. They had just left it as it is.

Sireesh had charged me 850 bucks for the so called "Brake Checking" and they have done nothing but screwing up the brakes.

Thank god that it ended this way. A jammed brake on the highway could have end up much much nastier.

People, be extra cautious when you deal with Sireesh.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
my experience with Sireesh has been equally useless. they are a second rate setup. I vastly prefer SKS where work gets done properly - either at their bannerghatta road or their hosur road facility.
thing is, whichever service station you go to, it is necessary to have a good relationship with the staff there - else the work will not get done to your satisfaction.
unfortunately in our dear old country there is no such thing as a proper SLA and process to ensure the same.
hence we customers have to invest the requisite time and energy to build strong relationships to get our work done despite after sales service being well within our rights and the fact that we pay good money for such service!
My vehicle will come out of its extended warranty in another year from now - perhaps then I shall consider going to a private garage to service it - if I still have it with me that is.
Wow! And I was thinking of switching from SKS (Bannerghatta Road) to Sireesh (Hosur Rd), just because they are closer to my place (HSR Layout). I've had my share of challenges with SKS (regarding my Logan), but ultimately they were fixed, but sometimes, it took 3-4 trips to the garage to fix the issue. One thing I noticed was that they were quite courteous, but at the same time, everything I was assigned a different SA, and didn't find the board with SA's names listed.

My friend/neighbour gets his Logan serviced at Sireesha, and I think he has a bag of mixed feelings. He had got his rear window replaced post an accident, and they did a rather shoddy job of fitting the glass.

Requiring "good relationship" with an SA to get quality service seems quite typical, but such a royal pain when the SAs keep changing.
Old 21st October 2011, 13:24   #51

I too got my pads replaced recently from Sireesh and ever since get the squeaking noise so much that my family says I do not need a horn , just need to step on the brakes.
Never had a good experience at all with Sireesh. Any suggestions if there are any other garages that do a good job on Scorpios?
Old 8th May 2012, 17:46   #52
BHPian

I have a good rappo with Sireesh Marathahalli (SA) Mr Anil.....if you guys want to give it a try with this guy i think things would fall in place.But there is always a but , we need to keep an eye on Service engineers working on your car as they tend to just do the job for sake of it. Instance i had my first serving done here and i was shocked to see this guy plugging engine nut back when old engine oil still flowing :(. So we need to get involved in places where ever it's possible.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:07   #53
BHPian

Here is my experience in the recently opened Chrome Motors on Mysore Road. I used to frequent SKS on Banerghatta Road. However ever since Maqbool shifted to Skoda and then came back to Mahindra to manage Chrome motors, I've wanted to try this workshop. Also, SKS was really far off and of late they were also goofing up big time. (Rumors are that they are going to shut down.) Most of their good mechanics and SA had left (some of them are seen in Chrome). So finally took the car for the 30K service to Chrome Motors on Mysore Road. I had a few small issues
  • Left rear power window used to work randomly. The mechanism was disassembled, cleaned and put back together.
  • There was a squeaky sound coming from the AC vents when the car is cold. This happened only at low blower speeds. So they checked the belts and cleaned the A/C Filter. Haven't heard that sound since then.
  • Squeaking Sound from the rear suspension when going over large speed breakers. They disconnected the link road and found one set of rubber bushes damaged. These were replaced and re-assembled. (Has anyone recently got this replaced? The link rod can be removed by removing 2 bolts. Did they charge you 200 Rs labor for each link rod? This is in addition to the 200 rupees for each rubber bush! Yup, got robbed in daylight)
  • The cover for the rear view mirror inside the car was rattling and this was fixed back with 3m tape
  • The Stebel horn (alternate to OE) when used, made a clicking sound inside the cabin. This was investigated and they found that securing the horn seemed to resolve the issue. The horn was not mounted firmly and resonated when the engine was running.
  • There were several missing rubber stoppers on the door and missing plastic rivets under the hood and these were replaced.

They replaced the differential oil as part of the service.

The washing and cleaning (as usual) was really good.

Total damage - Rs. 5800

Split up as follows

579 for the 1.8 L of oil
80 for rivets used on the power window
87 for wiper cleaner solution (I didn't ask for this)
2700 for paid service
350 consumables
450 washing (HPL)
435 for two bushes for the link road
400 for work on the link road (including cost of bushes) approx 50 bucks to remove each bolt and another 50 bucks more to tighten it back!

Plus taxes for our friendly neighborhood netas

In spite of hovering around the car throughout the entire episode (I didn't even have lunch), they managed to flick my 8 GB pen drive. I talked to Maqbool (service manager) who has promised to investigate.

If such things happen under my nose, imagine the plight of your vehicle if you just 'leave it' for service!

I was annoyed when I saw that they are ripping me off when I saw the bill.
I also noticed (later, at home) that they charged me for 11 rivets when they actually used only 4. Besides, for the 350 bucks in consumables, they topped up the coolant with water! And then they charge me separately for some anti rust solution they used. Doesn't make any sense. The brake cleaning (where the wheels are removed and the brake pads cleaned) is charged at Rs 900 (part of the 2700 for the paid service). This takes less than an hour to do. No way they can justify it as a 3 hour job. And changing the rubber bushes in the link rod could not have taken more than 15-20 minutes. And they probably damaged the threads of a couple of bolts under the front two tyres when they removed these bolts, greased them and hammered them back without aligning the bolt holes! Grease Monkeys! I often wonder why customers end up paying for the inefficiencies of a service center.

I'll give Maqbool a couple of days before I start spewing and venting. It's already building up as you can see

Last edited by triedeverything : 5th July 2012 at 13:08.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:20   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Here is my experience in the recently opened Chrome Motors on Mysore Road. I used to frequent SKS on Banerghatta Road. However ever since Maqbool shifted to Skoda and then came back to Mahindra to manage Chrome motors, I've wanted to try this workshop.
Maqbool is a close friend for many years now and our friendship is beyond cars, yet I do NOT go to Chrome. It is 4kms from my house compared to SKS which is a good 18 and yet I do NOT go there.

The reason is simple. While Maqbool is a very efficient manager, the team at Chrome is pathetic. Be it mechanical, body work or service. The ONLY good mechanic at Chrome is an electrician called Ranga. Though he is a kid, he is exceptionally talented and is an ex-SKS employee.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:55   #55
BHPian

I have had good experience with Sireesh Hosur road so far (I also take it up immediately to the service head, tweet to relevant ids if I see negligence) . My ride is due for service for a month now, but since SKS is no longer a Mahindra dealer a big chunk of ex-SKS customers have shifted to Sireesh and I have not been able to get a slot for a month now. I can't keep waiting, so have booked a slot with Chrome motors Adugodi (Anepalya) for tomorrow. Anybody else have tried this place?
Old 19th November 2012, 14:26   #56
BHPian

Latest Updates on IG Service Center: They have made the Mahadevpura Service Center XUV exclusive. The new Service Center near ITPL, the Nandini restaurent lane is for Xylos, Logan, Bolero and Scorpios.

Apparently SKS has shutdown one of their service center and all the SAs are at IG.

Went to give my scorpio for service today, had wait for an hour for SA to attend my vehicle. I could see many customers arguing because the water wash setup was down, wheel alignment technician hadn't come to work so no work related to these.

The Service Manager is least bothered about the customers even though 2 customers were shouting right outside his chamber, he was not bothered to get out and check.

Keeping my fingers crossed to get my vehicle back without any issues.
Old 21st November 2012, 10:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohi_rao View Post
I have had good experience with Sireesh Hosur road so far (I also take it up immediately to the service head, tweet to relevant ids if I see negligence) . My ride is due for service for a month now, but since SKS is no longer a Mahindra dealer a big chunk of ex-SKS customers have shifted to Sireesh and I have not been able to get a slot for a month now. I can't keep waiting, so have booked a slot with Chrome motors Adugodi (Anepalya) for tomorrow. Anybody else have tried this place?
Got service done for my Scorpio at Chrome Motors Anepalya. All my issues were addressed satisfactorily. The wash was better than I had experienced at any service station. But of course it failed my usual test: roll the windows down and up after the wipe and still you can still water smudges
Had a bumper work to be done, was advised to replace the bumper. I was not sure about it. Will take a second opinion from my regular guy at Sireesh

For me, I found an alternative!
Old 21st November 2012, 14:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

I usually take my truck to Chrome motors as all the SA from SKS had moved to Chrome motors.

Till date all the issues were resolved and with personal attention. Only thing is that they don't have Sales division to go with.
Old 29th November 2012, 14:01   #59
BHPian

I recently went to Sireesh Auto Hosur Road for 2nd service. What a let down.
Firstly, I took an appointment for Saturday and once I reached at the service center they inform me that they cannot work on my vehicle as they have too many vehicles for the day. They ask me to come on Monday or take the delivery on Monday.

I decide to go on Monday and after 1 hr I get the attention of a supervisor. My problems, 1) wheel alignment, 2) LHS height is lower to RHS 3) put missing stopper bolts 4) correct the headlight alignment 5) check a whistling noise coming when I drive in 4wd.

I give the keys and ask if it will be ready by evening, which he says he has to talk to supervisor manager. Talks and comes back, says yes can be done.

Before turning up, I give a call at 3PM asking when can I come. Supervisor said, he will call me back in an hr. No call came. So, turned up at the service center at 6 pm. My car was ready. Although he said wheel alignment and the hight adjustment could not be done. No time to finish the height adjustment as it requires major work. And wheel alignment machine is broken.

I returned home unhappy. Called Mahindra customer care next morning and they said, some one will call me in 6 hrs. 48 hrs went and I rang back again yet no one called. All I want is to get the problems checked. I will try SKS now. But Mahindra is a let down. Dont expect anything from there customer care.
Old 11th July 2014, 16:53   #60
BHPian

Are these Anant Cars at Bannerghatta Road, authorized by Mahindra?
SERVICE IN BANGALORE : BANNERGHATTA ROAD : +91 99 00 047807 | +91 99 00 049700
I came across on there site http://anantcars.com/showroom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks