Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2009, 09:55   #61
BHPian

Anyways, this treatment is unacceptable. Having said that, i had complete opposite experience in Magnum Honda - Bangalore. I never went there - I just rang them up and sales manager reached my office with ANHC next day for TD. I took TD 5 times before i made up my mind.
Old 24th March 2009, 11:15   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, Toyota does have its fair share of complaints. The perception isn't that much because we don't hear of it that often.
I had a bad experience with Shinrai Toyota, Mumbai. Me and my jijaji decided to go and see the Camry for a TD, as well as a possible replacement for my mom's 2001 Accord.
I think we went for the drive around 2 years ago.
Anyways, we walked in on a Sunday and were greeted by a rude salesperson, who is the only salesperson dealing with the camry on that day. When we asked her for a TD, she made up excuses about how it would not be possible to have a TD as the driver is not there (again, a specified driver for the camry) and after some arguing, we finally got a TD, but that too, on a smooth and specified route (Worli seaface), with the driver driving till there and back from there).
We found this too much and left after getting the contact details of the manager.

So what happened? a year later, I called for the TD of the Camry to my house as we were still looking for a car for my mom. The salesperson was better this time around and was on time. However, the car was not in the best of shape with slightly worn out tyres and a really bad suspension (my mom found the 5 series more comfortable at the back!).

Similarly, a few years ago, my jijaji who accompanied me for the camry TD wanted to upgrade to a bigger car from his Lancer (which was sent out of town). Being an enthusiast, he decided to TD all the cars in the D segment. Around the same time, I had gone to Baroda/Vadodara to visit him and we decided to TD the old gen camry. Once again, we were greeted with a friendly staff who bought the car over to his place and once again I was disappointed in the condition of the car. It was positively filthy with food crumbs all over the interiors, open packet of chips lying in the cubby holes and stowage compartments. Similarly, he too ended up buying another car, a Mondeo, which he is really happy with in terms of reliability, performance and driving pleasure.

However, there have been the good moments too, like when I went and checked out the Innova and Corolla. I was really happy with their treatment.

Likewise with Arya Honda. When I went to check out the NHC VTEC and Civic, I found their service to be on par with all its competitors.

So, honestly speaking, from my experience, all of these dealerships are good. Except when they start to deal with the premium vehicle made by the manufacturer (Like the Accord for Honda, Camry for Toyota). That's when they mess everything up, including a potential buy. At present, we don't have any Japanese branded vehicle in our house, as whenever we would consider a japanese vehicle, rude staff or a sloppy car would always make me change my mind. And we are extremely happy with that arrangement, and this is from a family who at one point had majority of their cars from a japanese brand, such as the Lancer, Corolla and an Accord at one point (of which only the Accord proved to be the epitome of reliability).
Old 24th March 2009, 14:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Even the Camry I got for TD was in a bad condition. Dirty interiors, cracked leather on the seats, broken headlight and overall looked like a badly abused & ill-treated car. I didn't like it much in the first place and this only contributed more to it.
Old 24th March 2009, 15:02   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Would have been a shame if he'd really liked the Civic.
Actually he is not a car guy. he just wanted a car that was not big, not small and automatic for when his chauffer was not around. Civic or Corolla was not important. His argument is that "if they cat service you before the sale what makes you think they would care to after the sale".

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
bad condition. Dirtyinteriors, cracked leather on the seats, broken headlight and overall looked like a badly abused & ill-treated car.
Oh how I would love to see a pciture of your face when you first saw the car.
Old 24th March 2009, 17:32   #65
BHPian

Remindes me of an incident 1.5 years back.......We had arranged a small auto exhibition in our college and all the dealers - Maruti, tata, fiat, mahindra, ford, and honda brought their cars. All of them except Honda brought new cars or cars which were well maintained. Honda turned up with a muddy and dusty pre facelifted NHC. The devil in me prompted me to park the car between the brand new SX4 & Fiesta. No one gave the honda more than a glance while they were fawning over the other two. The honda guys got wind of this after a couple of hours and requested us to change the position of the cars..............
Old 24th March 2009, 18:37   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Actually he is not a car guy. he just wanted a car that was not big, not small and automatic for when his chauffer was not around. Civic or Corolla was not important. His argument is that "if they cat service you before the sale what makes you think they would care to after the sale".l
It was my first thought when I read this: people say Honda After-Sales Service is good, but it begins with Pre-sales.

Just a small fantasy aside, inspired by reading somebody's post that the wealthy should give the less-well-off a chance before rushing to buy the first Nanos...
Customer: I've come to test drive a Nano, as agreed on the telephone.

Salesman: Certainly, Sir! The car will be back in ten minutes. Do you have a business card?

Customer: Yes, here it is.

Salesman reads: Hmmm... Managing Director...

(Salesman goes into a huddle with Manager, they both look disapproving)

Salesman: Oh, I'm very sorry sir, it seems that we don't have a test-drive vehicle at the moment.
Just a silly trick of my mind, of course: no implication that it might ever happen!
Old 24th March 2009, 23:14   #67
evo
BHPian

I somehow dislike the way staff at the dealership act across all dealerships. Thats why I just call them up for a test drive and ask them to bring the car around.

Till now my worst experience has been with GM. Called for a Captiva test drive and the guy managed to miss 3 appointments! Strange. I thought that since GM sells in such small numbers they`d be overjoyed to find a customer.

Honda, the chap at the dealership was to call me when the V6 came out. Till now, no call. Strange again! I doubt that they are selling tonnes of the V6.
Old 26th March 2009, 23:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Reply from Honda

Here's an update:

On Tuesday, I received a reply from Honda Siel Cars India - CRM in reply to my complaint letter which I sent both to Honda Siel as well as Arya Honda.

"We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.
We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership M/s Arya Honda, Mumbai and request you to kindly bear with us. In the meanwhile,
we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you and address your concern.

For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.
Assuring you the best of our services at all times."

Following this, there was no call or e-mail from either of the two recepients of my complaint letter.

Today i.e. Thursday I got a call from a Mr. Girish from Arya Honda who seemed to be in a big hurry to wrap up the matter. An apology and a few pleasantries was all from his side, I drove home the point that the TD was not the reason I wrote to them but the behaviour and treatment which should under no circumstances be repeated in the case of any prospective customer again.

He has offered to send me a 2.4 Accord to pick me up from my residence and then a TD of the Accord V6. I haven't specified date and time as yet, because this Saturday I might be busy with some family stuff and work. So it remains to be seen whether Arya sticks to their offer. Either ways I'm going to ask them to just send the damn V6 over instead of wasting my time commuting.

Once the TD happens, I will consider the matter resolved, update this thread and write back to Honda.

Thank you one and all, for supporting me in this matter. I hope none of you has to ever go through this kind of behaviour on the part of any dealer. Thank you, team-BHP.
Old 27th March 2009, 00:29   #69
BHPian

meh. too much about nothing.

I went to a chevy dealer to test drive a Corvette and they told me they couldn't because the car was in the showroom but if I came back on saturday, they'd have it out for me. I went on saturday, but it was still inside and they told me that they couldn't because it was about to rain (it certainly was not). I said fine. Then I went and bought a Lotus Sport Elise.

then a few months later I was looking to buy a sedan and I wanted to check out the new malibu. It was brand new then. I went to the same dealer (only chevy dealer in the area). They had got their first one. same thing. its in the showroom, not available for test drive.

So I went and bought a Honda Accord V6 MT.

I am not wasting my emotions on the dealer. I just take my business somewhere else.
Old 27th March 2009, 07:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
meh. too much about nothing.
I am not wasting my emotions on the dealer. I just take my business somewhere else.
@Harbir, please don't take this as a personal offence. You are obviously far more mature and sensible, and seasoned than I am (not being sarcastic at all). Which is why if I were to let them off the hook that easy, I would be of the opinion that I was reeking of the oh-so-typical chalta-hai / chhod-na-yaar attitude.

And yes, you made rather smart decisions. Seen your Elise pics. That's one hot looking machine! I'm sure it gives you the all-important kick every single time you drive it
Old 27th March 2009, 09:45   #71
BHPian

Honda, hopeless people.
When I was about to buy new City in Dec, Deccan Honda in Pune assured me for TD for AT car and after I reach, they suddenly denied it. I given all my business cards etc. They offered of MT even I booked for AT 2 days in advance. The service was too bad. I am sure they deserve kick on back. I had wonderful experience with Toyota, I spent 4 lac extra and bought ALTIS AT. I am very happy with new car.
Old 27th March 2009, 16:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
@Harbir, please don't take this as a personal offence. You are obviously far more mature and sensible, and seasoned than I am (not being sarcastic at all). Which is why if I were to let them off the hook that easy, I would be of the opinion that I was reeking of the oh-so-typical chalta-hai / chhod-na-yaar attitude.

And yes, you made rather smart decisions. Seen your Elise pics. That's one hot looking machine! I'm sure it gives you the all-important kick every single time you drive it
hey, I understand your frustration. TO be given an appointment, to drive 2 hours in each direction, just to be given the brush off would make anyone very upset. If you had just walked in without an appointment, then that would be a different story.

But I would ask what the prize at the end of the ordeal is. Is it to force the dealership to meet their commitment? Or is to get a test drive? And is either worth investing so much emotional energy into?

Whether it is to "fix" the dealership, or whether it is to get the test drive, you can continue to pursue either or both till you get them, but I would counsel being emotionally calmer about it.

cheers

and thanks for the complement on my Lotus. Yes, its fricking phenomenal!
Old 27th March 2009, 21:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I would ask what the prize at the end of the ordeal is. Is it to force the dealership to meet their commitment? Or is to get a test drive? And is either worth investing so much emotional energy into?

Whether it is to "fix" the dealership, or whether it is to get the test drive, you can continue to pursue either or both till you get them, but I would counsel being emotionally calmer about it.
I agree with your viewpoint. I suppose the fundamental difference here is whether you have the time and energy to pursue the matter, just in case you want to. Some people don't bother, the ones that do have no time to do so, and then there are people who want to do something about it and have the time and inclination as well. Being a student, I fall into the last category.
Old 28th March 2009, 18:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Whether it is to "fix" the dealership...
Oh yes another thing I forgot Harbir. If it was just that, I'd have done it the usual backdoor way. My dad knows the owner of Shaman. I insisted I'd just write the letter at my level.

Another update, Honda One2One has given me a couple of calls enquiring whether the dealership has contacted me or not, and what is my experience with them. Due to personal reasons, I was unable to take the TD today and informed the dealership accordingly. Maybe next week, after which Honda will get a feedback email.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th March 2009 at 18:43.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:45   #75
BHPian

Hey, I just got back from an eventful day at Worli and Mahalaxmi. I met the owner of Shaman Auto at racecourse for drinks. I relayed the information that people on this car forum "TBhp" are unhappy with the way Arya is treating their potential customers. I had a chance to check out a V6 accord, not TD it. It was parked there for a few minutes, and being shown to the usual Sunday crowd at the racecourse.

I was then told that Arya's manager would look into the matter and work with the sales staff to improve. He also asked me for the URL of TBhp.
!!HOWEVER, all this was said with the typical brushing dirt off your shoulder tone...
All I can say is that I tried, can't really tell them how to run their business though...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks