Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:27   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Dont go to the dealership make them come to you! Trust me try it. At best they wont come and you can continue to do what you wre doing.
That's what I always do. Usually works and if they don't come big deal. I find that showroom walk-ins are not treated as well as appointment to your house especially for higher segment cars.
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately they can get away with it as in our market we are not spoiled for choice. The day we have other manfacturers taking a serious look in Indian market, only than will Honda change their attitude.

They are walking a very thing line here, their products are good but they are charging a hefty premium. Their customer service is based on profiling. Somehow I feel if they continue like this it will eventually catch up with them.

For now at least we can buy Honda cars from dealers with good attitude as opposed to the likes of Arya like dealers as mentioned on this thread.
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post

Once upon a time the Maharaja of Jaisalmer(I think) wanted to buy a rolls royce and hence contacted them. The company replied that he isnt worth buying their cars as they expect certain standards for their customers.

You know what the maharaja did? He bought a used rolls royce car and used it as a vehicle for collecting garbage in the city

Edit: I just found a thread related to this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-19...maharajas.html

Cheers,
Nitin
That was HH Alwar, (the princely state of Rajasthan).

Regards

M
Old 22nd March 2009, 16:52   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An overpriced 25 lakh rupee car that gives a 2 rupee sales experience!! Sure, I can see how many V6 s are going to move off showroom floors. Shame on the attitude of Arya Honda. And we can't blame it on a single person either....it's pretty obvious that discussions were in place with other senior dealership management.

Strange that this episode surfaced on the forum this weekend; last saturday, a friend of mine wanted to finalise on the Civic. He'd asked Arya to come by my office as he was in the area anyways. Arya Honda's salesman was 1.5 hours in arriving, and only finally did after I made a strong phone call.

Needless to say, he booked his Civic from Linkway Honda.
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:53   #35
BHPian

i think it s the attitude of the sales guys that needs to b corrected but they are representing honda hence honda should do something soon . Once a company takes up agency of something that sells well it gets quite confident of its performance .
Thats exactly what s happening in here mentioned scenarios .
Old 22nd March 2009, 18:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
That's almost never a solution for anything, my friend.
I think we got off on the wrong foot, mate. what i was trying to say was, whatever happened to OP was the four words,not what he should do to the Honda sales guy and manager. Hope i cleared what i meant.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
I think we got off on the wrong foot, mate. what i was trying to say was, whatever happened to OP was the four words,not what he should do to the Honda sales guy and manager. Hope i cleared what i meant.
Sure. I'm sorry to have misunderstood
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Foot in mouth or Shot in feet syndrome.

Sad to know that flyingspur got treated badly. I have always found him to be knowledgable and restrained in his behaviour on this forum. If he can be denied a TD, I am sure, if I had gone to the showroom in question, the chowkidaar would have turned me away at the entrance itself!

I was amazed to learn from aaggoswami and wind that Honda have joined Skoda in being an economy marque with pretensions of being 'exclusive', 'premium' et al. This is ironic, esp. as Skoda is now trying to get off that particular high horse as evidenced by the pricing of the new Superb at 21L (on-road).

I wish that all salespeople learn ASAP that (probable) customers are the source of their pay!

Cheers,
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think its called profiling a customer to identify if the customer is a prospective buyer after the test drive or not!
So what's the profile they are looking for? CEO's and directors? If the business card showed General Manager then what would they do?

What's next? Honda is going to ask people to bring last 3 years income tax returns / audited profit and loss and balance sheets and last 6 months pay slips to be eligible for a test drive?

Just to be sure that this is a dealership and not a company problem, you should take it up with Honda. Lets see what their response is.

Last edited by amit : 22nd March 2009 at 23:10.
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:39   #40
BHPian

I would say the reception you get depends on the salesman in question as also the dealer and not really the car manufacturer, though its the manufacturer that gets hurt the most by way of lost sales if a dealer/salesman behave like this.

I had a very nice experience last month at Concorde on Hosur Road in Bangalore. My friend is evaluating cars in the 7-9 lakh range with a plan of buying around August. Since I was in town, I tagged along to test drive the Linea. We made it clear upfront to the salesman that we are evaluating all cars in the 7-9 range and this TD is not going to result in a Sale. The salesman didn't bat an eyelid. He allowed both me and my friend to TD the petrol Linea (what we were looking for), without the slightest hesitation. At the end of the TD, he took my friend's contact details, wished us good day and promised to call back in Aug. I was taken aback to say the least. Not sure if it was the salesman who is to be commended or the dealership, but both me and my friend left there with a very positive impression.

Last edited by prashanthyr : 22nd March 2009 at 23:40. Reason: Typo
Old 22nd March 2009, 23:42   #41
BHPian

If you really own a bmw/merc or whichever please please do drive by the showroom and give the manager a word, just a word so his day brightens;and also in your mail do include this thread. Hope it gives them the same amount of jitters as those insects did in the hills, personal experience.
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:51   #42
BHPian

The least, absolute least minimum that is required in a customer facing role is politeness. Even a hint of arrogance is misplaced and totally needless There is absolutely no reason for any of this profiling and gratuitous attitude.

If a customer wants a test drive and you are offering test drives give him/her one, maybe you will get a couple of folks who won't buy or even have any intention of buying but surely that's business, expected and accounted for by any professional company. its simply not an issue riling up or disrespecting folks for.

Some brands thrive of keeping people out and building an exclusive image for themselves on little more than this but this sort of thing only appeals to adolescents and the immature, but I don't see why Honda or any Honda employee should aspire for this.
Old 23rd March 2009, 01:42   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
So what's the profile they are looking for? CEO's and directors? If the business card showed General Manager then what would they do?
In that case none of their potential targeted customers would ever go down to the showroom. They rather call the car over to their place.
Irrespective of what the business card says or doesn't the test drive only creates potential for word of mouth marketing. You might not be a potential customers but you being impressed with the car might just indirectly result in several sales for the dealership.
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The least, absolute least minimum that is required in a customer facing role is politeness. Even a hint of arrogance is misplaced and totally needless.
The sales representative was neither rude nor impolite, just to clarify things. It's just that it was very evident what the real problem was. And he was absolutely speechless when I said what I did to him.

Quote:
Some brands thrive of keeping people out and building an exclusive image for themselves on little more than this but this sort of thing only appeals to adolescents and the immature, but I don't see why Honda or any Honda employee should aspire for this.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Irrespective of what the business card says or doesn't the test drive only creates potential for word of mouth marketing. You might not be a potential customers but you being impressed with the car might just indirectly result in several sales for the dealership.
....and that, Sahil, is worth much more than an advert in print. Nothing like word-of-mouth recommendations to promote your brand / cause.
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:15   #45
Team-BHP Support

Something needs to be done. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Another worry is we can't go on like this. So Honda denies us a TS, we stop recommending/buying a Honda. Skoda has poor after sales and so we stop buying Skoda. In the end what are we left with? Only Toyota?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks