Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 00:04   #166
BHPian

Re: My experience with Skoda-Autobahn (as promised)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Parts bill was 54,970.95 and Labour total was 13,505.67 (including taxes) so the total came to Rs. 68,477.00 (38 paise was used to round off to the nearest ruppee).

Read through your entire thread navin and every post too, while i know nothing about the technicals of a car, i can clearly say that even a skoda laura is an expensive car to maintain or should i say any car from the VW group is?

I've owned around 4 - 5 cars before but never heard of these issues or changes being made after 2 or 3 or 4 years for any major parts as such.

Is it only the skoda or do other VW group of cars also have similar issues and costs? Haven't heard of any Audi issues so far?
Old 17th May 2012, 02:45   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

Read through your entire thread navin and every post too, while i know nothing about the technicals of a car, i can clearly say that even a skoda laura is an expensive car to maintain or should i say any car from the VW group is?

I've owned around 4 - 5 cars before but never heard of these issues or changes being made after 2 or 3 or 4 years for any major parts as such.

Is it only the skoda or do other VW group of cars also have similar issues and costs? Haven't heard of any Audi issues so far?
Karan, I am flattered. Never thought a bhpian would have such a deep interest in my posts. Which cars have you owned?

I think this is an issue with all 3 German marques. If you want the features and performance these cars provide the high cost of maintain acne seems to be something we are forced to digest. My German friends dont seem to have this issue.

It may seem that the Jap cars might have a lower TCO over a 5-8 years. I don't have hard data to support. This hypothesis though.

Suffice to say that I will be replacing the vRS sometime this year. The 2012 Camry looks like an option.

Last edited by navin : 17th May 2012 at 02:47.
Old 28th May 2013, 13:23   #168
BHPian

Skoda Autobahn Mumbai Service: Advice sought

Hello!

I have a one year old Skoda Yeti 4X4. Its an awesome car, but the service centre leaves me rattled every time.

I need some advice:

1) I took my car for its first service, and the service advisor suggested I clean something called PC Channel or something (he wasn't very articulate). He said its the drainage system that drains the water falling on the windscreen etc via two drains though the car. He asked for Rs 2300 for cleaning. I felt that was an atrocious number. Can someone tell me what exactly is this, is the figure asked for OK and what happens if I delay or NOT clean this?

2) The service engineer said I have to pay by cash. He claims their Credit Card vending machine isn't working. I was told the same thing about 6 months back when I replaced by rear bumper which was destroyed by my own oversight that cost me 18k. I have a feeling these guys want to collect cash to evade taxes. But I find it inconvenient to carry that kind of cash around, especially when booking a service I am told that they support credit and debit cards, amongst other ways of payments. He also said I could go to the showroom and swipe my card there. But a peon would accompany me. I felt strange. I trust them with a 20 lakh car, but they wont trust me with a 18k payment.

The first service bill is coming to some 9000 + taxes. Hope this is a standard figure.

Does anyone have better experiences at any other Skoda service centre in Mumbai? I live in Andheri, so would prefer something nearby.
Old 28th May 2013, 15:33   #169
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Autobahn Mumbai Service: Advice sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by parambyte View Post
1) I took my car for its first service, and the service advisor suggested I clean something called PC Channel or something (he wasn't very articulate). He said its the drainage system that drains the water falling on the windscreen etc via two drains though the car. He asked for Rs 2300 for cleaning. I felt that was an atrocious number. Can someone tell me what exactly is this, is the figure asked for OK and what happens if I delay or NOT clean this?

2) The service engineer said I have to pay by cash. He claims their Credit Card vending machine isn't working. I was told the same thing about 6 months back when I replaced by rear bumper which was destroyed by my own oversight that cost me 18k. I have a feeling these guys want to collect cash to evade taxes. But I find it inconvenient to carry that kind of cash around, especially when booking a service I am told that they support credit and debit cards, amongst other ways of payments. He also said I could go to the showroom and swipe my card there. But a peon would accompany me. I felt strange. I trust them with a 20 lakh car, but they wont trust me with a 18k payment.

The first service bill is coming to some 9000 + taxes. Hope this is a standard figure.

Does anyone have better experiences at any other Skoda service centre in Mumbai? I live in Andheri, so would prefer something nearby.
The amount of Rs.9000 + Taxes seems fine.

They get something called a plemium chamber (PC) cleaned - if one does not do it then due to fallen leaves the water from the sunroof accumulates in the vehicle. I did not know they do this for water from the windscreen also.

Yes they charge about Rs. 2000 - it is a 5 mins Job - pure labour and it is best you get an outside mechanic to do it next time round. Basically the cover behind the front wheel arch, the cover between the wiper / wind screen area and the engine bay are cleaned for fallen leaves. They are basically making a lot of money for a 2 paisa job that is essential.

Paying by cash is OK - they are likely to charge you an additional charge for credit card anyways.

Try JMD (Bhandup, New Bombay, Kandivali - close to Andheri (their Andheri center burned up 4/5 years back)) they are better. But yes they too try the PC channel trick.

Last edited by ACM : 28th May 2013 at 15:35.
Old 28th September 2013, 04:57   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

...just a promise that they would send the estimate with my driver...

One thing they have assured with this treatment. My next car will NOT be bought through Autobahn and will NOT be from the VAG stable.

Navin, I totally agree with you - specially the last bit!! Coincidentally I had a similar experience with Autobahn Skoda (Kurla workshop) 2 days ago which made me decide the same thing.

I had taken my Laura in to replace the rear windshield under insurance (it got smashed by a UFO from a higher floor in my building ). Straightforward case; no complications whatsoever.

The service advisor, Rakesh Tiwari, gave me a repair time estimate of one day, and also promised to get the car delivered to me (as I live more than 25 km away).

The next morning, when I called him, he said the work was done and the car was ready, but he was waiting for the final insurance amount, based on which he could tell me the amount I would have to bear. But he claimed that some "system" was down and he couldn't get approval.

After more than 4 follow-up calls and getting the same stock reply, I got fed up and called the insurance company. They gave me the surveyor's number. I called him - he happened to be at the Skoda workshop - and told me that he hadn't even received the bill for approval! I requested him to walk across and meet Rakesh in person and get the approval done manually if the system was still down. Rakesh promised to do so, and to call me back in "five minutes".

Of course, he didn't call, so I called him 15 minutes later. He said there was some problem in the claim due to some mysterious NCB issue. I rejected his excuse outright, saying that there is no possibility of any NCB issue. So he backed down and promised to deliver the car by evening... but he still didn't tell me the final amount payable by me.

Two hours later, around 6 pm, I called to check if the car had been despatched. Then Rakesh pulled another rabbit out of his hat and said that there were no drivers available.

That got me really p*ssed off! I blew my top and told him I was fed up of one flimsy excuse after the other. I told him to go jump in a lake and do whatever he wanted with the car - send it today, or send it after a year if you feel like and just wait and see the amount of noise I will make with my complaints - and I slammed the phone down on him!!

That must have shaken him up a bit, because he called me back within 10 minutes to tell me that he had magically "found" a driver !!! He said he would personally stay late and ensure the car gets delivered, but because it was late, he would send me an official bill the next day by email so please pay the driver Rs.6000 in cash - I agreed to that, and the car eventually reached me by 9 pm. However, it's been two days since then but there is no sign of the bill.

I spent so much time, effort and heartburn on something so simple and straightforward, and that too for what is considered to be a reasonably high-end car. For me, the best automotive engineering is worth nothing if it isn't backed up by world class service. So as you rightly said, NO MORE AUTOBAHN SKODA for me ever again, and neither a VAG stable car.

I'm stronly inclined to the Hyundai marque for their excellent service reputation... and that new Elantra with their Fluidic design looks pretty awesome... what do you think???
Old 28th September 2013, 11:32   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayess View Post
Navin, I totally agree with you - specially the last bit!! .

I'm stronly inclined to the Hyundai marque for their excellent service reputation... and that new Elantra with their Fluidic design looks pretty awesome... what do you think???
I replaced my Skoda last year. The car was a Toyota Camry. The Superb and the VW Passat was ruled out partly because I did not want to go to VAG again. That is the best response we customers can give. Walk with our wallets. If VAG lost just 10 ex-customers like me (nationwide) every month that would mean 3 cr per month, 30 cr+ per year!

This is my Camry thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

Last edited by navin : 28th September 2013 at 11:41.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 14:36   #172
BHPian

Re: My experience with Skoda-Autobahn

Experience with Skoda Autobahn

My Laura diesel was completing one year and hence I needed to do the annual service. I decided on autobahn service centre at kurla due to its proximity from my office at BKC and the fact that I was given one SA's name by my salesperson.

It took a while to book the service due to fact that the phone kept on ringing at the service centre. I had to call a few other people in skoda and finally managed to get the appointment for yesterday. Saturday was okay with me since I did not anticipate any warranty related issues.

The service centre is situated off lbs marg in a narrow road with high traffic volume. You suddenly come across a gate with the skoda sign. The gate leads into the service area and you enter and are asked to park the vehicle
I entered the reception and asked for the sa of my choice.

He was attending another customer and hence I was asked to wait in the owners lounge. From the lounge are you can see the service bay and technicians working on various skoda models

The service centre has a separate area for washing/polishing (Through 3M) and denting and painting. They get about 30 odd cars daily and they six SA’s
I was attended to by the SA and we went to the car to take the inventory. I had the following issues
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Choo Choo noise from front left inside cabin
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Wiper nozzels need to be adjusted
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Suspension to be tightened
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Oil/Oil Filter to be changed as per requirement.
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]AC blower noise to be checked.
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]I told not to do the wheel alignment/balancing since I was getting it done outside.
  • [FONT=Symbol]· [/FONT]Activate the automatic central locking once car crosses 30 km/hr
The SA also shared with me details on the AMC plan. I have uploaded the same in the skoda technical guide discussion and request your feedback.

Left the service centre and went to the nearest mall to spend time. Saw a movie/shopping and was back at the service centre by 5 pm. Had to wait till 6 pm before the car was ready and delivered back.

Was satisfied with the service. Agree with other forum member that maintaining the Skoda is a costly affair once your first free service if over.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda Invoice.pdf (402.3 KB, 424 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks