Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

navin that sure is a whooping bill my friend, btw how much has the car run ?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Today (April 2nd) I got my bill from Skoda (along with my car)

Total Rs. 65,246

They replaced one of my cylinder liners on my 3.5 year old truck at Tata for Rs.6,500/- !! Thats about 10% of this bill!
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:24   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Information needs to be related with the odo reading/age of car. Navin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
That's an humongous cost ... How much has your skoda driven?
I don't think his car has done any more that 32-33K.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:28   #19

For a SKODA OCTAVIA the prices are pretty reasonable.....
The effort involved in replacing the clutch plates, cooling coil, timing belts is worth its wieght in labour charges

Dont worry! now its in good shape for at least 2 years...

Quote:
Today (April 2nd) I got my bill from Skoda (along with my car)

The bill......

Labour Charges
Front Brake Disc Skimming Charges Rs. 800
----------------
Workshop Consumables 1 Rs. 350
Total Rs. 43486
Vat @12.5% on 43486 Rs. 5435.76
Total Rs. 65,246
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd April 2009 at 18:40. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:31   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Jesus H Christ !!

I hope they are giving away a free Nano with every 4th service..
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:32   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudra then my query is (sorry I edited my post after you replied) become even more alarming!! Clutch getting replaced (friction, pressure plate and bush) at this odo ...unless Navin is a clumsy driver who keeps his left foot riding the clutch...is way beyond comprehension.

I have driven man man cars and for many many kilometers inclduing in rally's but this sort of wearing off of clutch is unheard.

Also and A/c expansion valve getting replaced within this usage?? Normally I had t have this done more arond 120000~150000kms on my previous two cars.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:37   #22
BHPian

Well all i can say here is.. Skoda owners are BRAVE !!!!!

You need real strong heart to keep paying such amount of bills for service and maintanence.

Navin can you please share what kind of expenses your car has incurred for previous services. Is it on the same lines as this time or fractionally less.

Last edited by invincible7 : 2nd April 2009 at 16:39.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:46   #23
BHPian

What will be the billing amount of this kind of "routine" service of new superb????
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

65K !!! And i thought Chevrolet is an costly affair to maintain while paying out a check of 18K at my 60K service for Optra.

No way Skoda is a common millionaire's car. It needs to have guts to maintain a skoda.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Replaced Timing Kit Rs. 2500
But the parts list does not contain a Timing Chain/Belt or timing cover gaskets or bearings. What exactly did they replace?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:49   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
65 k is a huge amount. But the deal clincher would be the quality of work done.
Lets see. Time will tell.

As a Mod I believe that if possible we should put our money where our mouth is. We have been clamouring for Skoda and Autobahn to improve their service, how would we know if there have been changes without trying them first hand?

Brave maybe? Foolish maybe? Atleast I can now post in all honesty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
That's an humongous cost ... How much has your skoda driven? Were you anticipating such a huge invoice based on the issues you were facing with her?
1. My car has drive about 28K

2. I was expecting a bit in the 50K range given that a clutch and brake job were on line. That the clutch had gotten so hard after only 30K is sad, my OHC clutch lasted 80K before needing replacement.

3. About 20K of the bill is due to the AC coil. Apparently the AC coil was leaking and needed replacement. So 13.5K for the new coil, 2.5K for the AC expansion valve and 4.2K for the charging was due to that. 50K + 20K = 70K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I'm told Napa leather is quite "slippery", esp after it's cleaned with the Stanley leather cleaner. That's why I didn't go for Napa leather. Can you confirm if this is true?
A bit. That is why I have opted for the bamboo finish on the seat area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
They replaced one of my cylinder liners on my 3.5 year old truck at Tata for Rs.6,500/- !! Thats about 10% of this bill!
Yes Skoda parts are expensive. That is now a given. If someone has comparitive parts of a Accord, Civic, Corolla, Camry we'd know for sure.

Mercedes parts are even more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I don't think his car has done any more that 32-33K.
Right said Fred!

Guys I do like my Skoda. It took me home though the 26/7 floods when I saw many a car stranded. On more than one occasion that day when a BEST bus drove past us we were in water so deep that the waves of water rushed over the car and still the car held it's ground. My chauffer was litterally praying and I kept urging him to keep the revs up so that the exhaust gasses keep the water out of the engine.

Talking of my chauffer. Liyakat gave me a Skoda watch. I handed it to my chauffer who was most happy. I value my people. This was but a small gesture.

The car has not required any service (other than tyre rotation and oil change) since the day I bought it. This is it's first major service. I expect to have it till 2011.

Last edited by navin : 2nd April 2009 at 16:50.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:51   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
But the parts list does not contain a Timing Chain/Belt or timing cover gaskets or bearings. What exactly did they replace?
Toothed belt? Guide Tensioner roller? Guide Busher set?
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Toothed belt? Guide Tensioner roller? Guide Busher set?
Thanks. I was looking for 'timing belt', et al.

Still pretty expensive - just bought my set for the Jag yesterday, the full kit including bearings cost me approx Rs.12k. Thats two sets of everything including hi-performance chains for the two banks of cylinders on a 400+ bhp vehicle that has run 70k kms. In my case it only requires an inspection, but I'm going for the replacement since the vehicle is regularly pushed at over 200kmph.

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd April 2009 at 16:56.
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:54   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Navin can you please share what kind of expenses your car has incurred for previous services. Is it on the same lines as this time or fractionally less.
The first 2 services were free. The first was after 26/7 when I got a EPC error and the second was in 2007. Other than that my local mechanic has done tyre rotation and oil change and ofcourse he polishes the car and seat covers once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Clutch getting replaced (friction, pressure plate and bush) at this odo ...unless Navin is a clumsy driver who keeps his left foot riding the clutch...is way beyond comprehension.

I have driven man man cars and for many many kilometers inclduing in rally's but this sort of wearing off of clutch is unheard.

Also and A/c expansion valve getting replaced within this usage?? Normally I had t have this done more arond 120000~150000kms on my previous two cars.
Agreed. However like I said before the existing clutch had become very hard, it had not worn out. But the clutch was so hard that the joy of driving the vRS was not there. The original car had a beautiful clutch. Tap it and you changed gear. I suspect (just from parking the car a few minuets ago that the new clutch will require some adjustment - it is still not as soft as the original clutch).

As far as the A/C expansion valve is concerned I really dont know. I have never had a car that needed this part. Wonder if Skoda requires teh A/C expansion valve to be changed along with the coil. Why? Dont ask me? Maybe Skoda Coporate will have an answer.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd April 2009 at 10:12. Reason: back to back :P
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:59   #30
Team-BHP Support

Did you get back all the old parts?

Navinji, Although the service is pretty comprehensive, I have a feeling that the only thing that has been done is replace all the parts you had a concern with. Even if that means that the part was still functioning fine.

Rather than analyse and diagnose and try to fix or say that there is no need to change they have just gone ahead liberally changing parts even before they were anywhere close to failing.

Ofcourse this may not apply to all parts. Say the clutch, did they try changing the play, check the clutch cable, check the clutch fluid, check the clutch cylinders?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks