Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 13:03   #16
BHPian

Hi,

Any such reliable independent workshops in Bangalore, for Skoda?

Aditya
Old 9th May 2009, 13:15   #17
BHPian

You can try out any of the Bosch Showrooms they give you pretty good service but time sense may not be great there

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Hi,

Any such reliable independent workshops in Bangalore, for Skoda?

Aditya
Old 9th May 2009, 13:51   #18
BHPian

How do these Workshops procure Spares ?
Old 11th May 2009, 11:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

skoda doesn't makes all the parts themselves, for that matter none of the car manufacturer does that, except for some parts and body panels. Rest are localized with major OEM suppliers. And these OEMS have appointed dealership for their products..
Old 16th September 2009, 17:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mumbai:

1. Sunil Shanbagh : 2414.9910

2. Ajay Parekh : 2362.8820

Can't go wrong with either of these fine gentleman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
In Mumbai - Andheri West- Car Clinic - Husain 26368381

I've been sending my Octavia here for the last 5 years - never had a reason to complain yet

GTO & Anurag>

Are these guys only for Skoda or do they attend other cars too?

My F-I-L's ,L & K needs a doctor. ( the poor car got drowned in the 26/7 deluge and has never been the same. T'was 3 months new and Nummer Eins handled it very badly that time).Husain seems closer to his place.

I need to get my SX4 , City CVT and a few other smaller suzukis used by staff serviced and need a good independent garage.

Sunil Shanbag seems to be in Wadala/Sewri/Dadar TT. Does he attended to smaller cars?
Old 16th September 2009, 17:55   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Ritesh : Sunil Shanbagh is the best bet for your Honda & SX4.

IMHO, sell your F-I-Ls L&K. A substantially flood damaged is bad news in the longer run.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2009 at 17:56.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:22   #22
BHPian

Thanks GTO. I will check with Sunil Shanbag. Can I drop your name as a referral?
For the Skoda ,do these guys manage to reset the service indicator or we have to live with it blinking ?

Regarding he selling the water damaged car, he is hardly getting 3~4 lakhs for it and it has not even done 40 thousand kms ( i think). So he has decided to use it, till it drops dead.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:35   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Give him Team-BHP's reference, that should do . I am sure he can reset the service indicator of any car.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:32   #24

Help Line for Skoda Sufferers.

On the back-drop of my earlier post "My misery of Skoda Laura AT L&K" I thought it wise to take the matter in my own hands rather than be at the mercy of the lousy Skoda A.S.S.
On one hand we can write endless experiences of the sufferings at the hands of Skoda A.S.S. and at the same time breath some oxygen to those who feel helplessly stuck in the Skoda swamp.
For all those whose Skoda's are out of warranties and wish to go on for a year or more without replacing the brand, may I request all the knowledgable BHPians to post following information that will be a great survival help:
1) Tried, tested and proven dealers of genuine spares at reasonable prices for Skoda cars in the after-market.
2) Tried, tested and proven mechanics/workshops where they understand these computer controled cars.
I would personally like to have the above information in the Mumbai/Pune region but other regions are welcome for the benifit of all. Please make sure that the names you recommend have been proven over a period of time.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:17   #25

Thanks SirAlec,
I am still looking forward to the Senior, Distinguished BHPians and moderators for their inputs. This can almost become a social cause!
Thanks in advance.
Old 18th August 2010, 05:34   #26

Skoda Laura AC compressor and cooling fan problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh75 View Post
Please suggest non dealer Service in chennai.
I too am looking for a non dealer service center in Chennai as my Laura L&K was out of warranty and the dealer (Gurudev Motors Guindy) refused to offer Goodwill Warranty as the head-office had rejected the claim because I had serviced my car 1000km later in the first service interval and 3000 km later in the second service interval.

The Customer Care person (Ms. Anita) also pointed out that the service interval previously for 1st service was 7500 and later made 10,000 km, the second and subsequent service intervals made 15,000 km from the 10,000 km.

I also pointed out that nothing in the car has changed from 2007 to 2009 and the new Laura has been introduced in mid 2009 only. However, she was citing the Warranty team's reasons that the "Goodwill Warranty" would not apply as I had failed to bring the vehicle for service for the stated service intervals at the time of purchase of the car. She also said that since Warranty department had rejected the claim, she was trying from customer care side to talk to warranty department. I do not wish to shell out nearly a lakh in service costs namely

1. AC compressor and condensor replacement.
2. AC gas and related labour.
3. General service.
4. Defective AC cooling fan. (I can bear but insane cost of nearly 10k)

Is there any way that I can ask for at least a 50% warranty claim? Car model is 2007 Nov and has run 53,000 kms without any issues till this A/c problem. In case its not possible I'd like to know of a place in Chennai where I can get my Skoda Laura L&K DSG serviced in a better way and with VFM (Value for Money)

I just love this car which has not given me a single problem since purchase. However, for the Bad Service and extremely high price of spares, I'm just thinking maybe it was more than I bargained for.

P.S. Tafe Access Bangalore was too horrible. Gurudev Motors Vadapalani also equally bad. Only Gurudev Motors Arumbakkam and Guindy are comparably good & willing to listen.

------------
Mahesh.
Old 19th August 2010, 22:39   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaz View Post
Thanks SirAlec,
I am still looking forward to the Senior, Distinguished BHPians and moderators for their inputs. This can almost become a social cause!
Thanks in advance.
Dear Vinmaz,
Best part is that you live in a metro. So you will have numerous option.
Check the first few pages of this thread or search teambhp directory.

When you find a reliable mechanic half the problem is solved. When he removes the diagnosed parts, it will have some parts number or oem label (like most brakes are made by KBX or TVS), Fuel injectors are made by denso etc). Search the dealer of OEM parts in your area. You mechanic can help in this too.
Old 16th May 2011, 10:37   #28
BHPian

re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh75 View Post
Please suggest non dealer Service in chennai.

Ramesh any luck ? - (I tried Ignite on ECR for my octavia L&K - good set of people but couldnt fix my issue " Emmision workshop " light comes on periodically - planning to give it to United motors in bangalore in an attempt to sidestep to Skoda dealers - Will post !)
Old 1st June 2011, 18:03   #29
BHPian

Could someone please suggest a similar workshop in Delhi/NCR, which has a good reputation and Skoda know-how.
Old 6th June 2011, 12:22   #30
BHPian

Quick update - i sent my car to Dhiren at united motors^ in Bangalore - he changed the Air sensor - the car is full on power now drove to palghat and back twice then to chennai - 150 + emmision workshop !! light hasnt shown up -

^picked up a bit late but delivered on time -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks