Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 11:15   #31
BHPian

re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
Quick update - i sent my car to Dhiren at united motors^ in Bangalore - he changed the Air sensor - the car is full on power now drove to palghat and back twice then to chennai - 150 + emmision workshop !! light hasnt shown up -

^picked up a bit late but delivered on time -
Can you also provide the cost ratio between the Authorized & non-dealer for changing the AMS?
Old 13th June 2011, 11:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Can you also provide the cost ratio between the Authorized & non-dealer for changing the AMS?

Sorry - havent changed it at the an authorized one and havent bothered checking - as much as i have read on the forum , there appears to be none ( authorized ) that is good / great - and from what i have seen with fellow owners in chennai the difference seems to be about 100 %
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:08   #33
BHPian

Any suggestion on Service for 1.4 TDI, April 2008 elegance apart from Gurudev Motors in Chennai??
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Any such reliable service center in Trivandrum? This is for my friend.
Old 11th November 2011, 14:31   #35

Re: Which Skoda dealer in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
I have relocated from Delhi to Pune. Any advise on which is the better SKODA dealer out here? Any good independent garage?
Thank you.
Bomi
Hi Bomi! This is Ramesh here. I too have moved to Pune, about a month ago, and currently own a Skoda Superb. I know this is an old thread, but thought I would check with you on a good place to service my car. It's done about 90k kms, and I'm based in the Baner area.

Thanks in advance!

Ramesh
Old 12th November 2011, 23:59   #36
BHPian

Goa:
Bosch Car Service.
Mr.Gavin Pinto.

PM me for the number.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:01   #37
BHPian

Re: Which Skoda dealer in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeramesh View Post
Hi Bomi! This is Ramesh here. I too have moved to Pune, about a month ago, and currently own a Skoda Superb. I know this is an old thread, but thought I would check with you on a good place to service my car. It's done about 90k kms, and I'm based in the Baner area.

Thanks in advance!

Ramesh
Ramesh, I do not know of any private garage in Pune, as I have re-located to Mumbai (have not updated my location). In Mumbai, I recently had my vRS serviced by Sunil Shanbaug of Select Auto (recommended on this forum) and found his work excellent. If you travel to Mumbai, he is very close to Dadar Central Railway station.
Old 15th November 2011, 07:28   #38

Thanks Bomi. Will probably make a trip to Mumbai then. Is it safe to assume that for a general service he would be able to provide the car back on the same day?

Also it would be great if you could share his contact number.
Old 18th November 2011, 14:07   #39
BHPian

Ramesh, his number and location is available in the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:41   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
Any suggestion on Service for 1.4 TDI, April 2008 elegance apart from Gurudev Motors in Chennai??
Have you tried Electra?
ajitmoses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
Have you tried Electra?
I did try ignite on ECR and they seem to be good.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:43   #42

Right folks, so decided to take the plunge and get the Skoda Superb serviced in Pune. The Service indicator was stating that it needed to be serviced in the next 700 kms in any case.

Did call up Europa Skoda which is near Wakad in Pune and was told that the next available appointment was mid-december (13th to be more precise)!!!

Reached out to both Tune-Up Plus in Baner and Pramod Auto Scan (who also is based in Baner now). Felt more comfortable leaving the vehicle in the hands of Abhishek Karkare who handles Pramod Auto Scan. Gave him a few trip questions too to check if his diagnosis was spot on, basis inputs I had received from other folks. Was quite happy that his diagnosis was correct on several fronts. Liked the fact that he didn't try to sell me a package service deal like the Skoda folks tend to do. He took the time out to explain each activity he was planning to carry out.

Also suggested that we do not get into some of the activities right now, as the parts involved had life in them for several more months (as opposed to Skoda's directive).

On another note, was appalled by the number of screws and clamps that were missing courtesy Skoda!! I guess over the years they have been slowly siphoning off stuff that isn't easily visible. A classic example being that of the 6 clamp locks that are supposed to come over each of the spark plug caps, only two existed !!!!! The remining four were missing!

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, was very happy with the attitude, knowledge and service of Abhishek, and would definitely recommend him to others.

--Ramesh
writeramesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 21:10   #43
BHPian

Anyone knows a good private garage/mechanic in Delhi NCR for Skoda laura? I need to get the gear oil replaced and the A.S.S. are quoting Rs. 12k and I am not convinced with the price.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:10   #44
BHPian

Guys , you can try Jai Auto on Faridabad Road in delhi , its around 1.5 km ahead of Apollo Hospital towards Faridabad , on the opposite side.

I'm getting my Laura L&K and Skoda vRS serviced by them , and i'm really satisfied for the last 8- 10 months.

Try to get in touch with Mr. Muzaffar Khan who is a service adviser there.
sajid33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 05:30   #45
BHPian

i was wondering if someone definitively knows a good mechanic for servicing Skodas in Bangalore. I do see a mention of a couple of places like Bosch / United motors but they aren't assertive enough. I was wondering if any one has extensivly serviced their Skoda / or knows someone who does at non-dealer service centre. Even though I have read a lot of horror stories about the Skodas, I'm yet willing to bet my buck on an Octavia. I'd really appreciate it if I can get this information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks