Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2015, 07:20   #76
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A stupid question since I am considering to buy a Skoda. Can these garages also take care of DSG related issues, are they equipped enough?
Old 4th January 2015, 07:54   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
A stupid question since I am considering to buy a Skoda. Can these garages also take care of DSG related issues, are they equipped enough?
A very few garages would handle the DSG related issues. Best is to keep VW/Skoda ASC in the horizon. For the rest jobs these garages can do it.

But there is a condition, till the warranty is on the car, you'll have to be visiting the ASC for servicing. Post warranty you can visit these garages.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:37   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I have been using the services of a nearby Bosch Service Centre for maintaining my Fabia TDI over the last year. In terms of cost, these guys charge considerably lesser than Vinayak and they don't compromise on quality of parts / service. Though this service centre is in North Bangalore and may be a long way off for you - I can provide you the coordinates of the owner (in case you are interested). I have found them to be honest and efficient.
Thanks Rajeev! Is this United Motors in Rajajinagar ? Pls pass the contacts , will try to take my car there for a check...

Thanks - my key question is - for the Turbo whistle ( highly audible at deceleration or braking when rpm drops ) some suggest servicing of the Turbo , others suggest replacement - as my car otherwise (touchwood!) is doing well I am a little confused... In any case Vinayaka guys will only do replacement of Turbo , probably Bosch also would only do replacement.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2015 at 13:57.
Old 5th January 2015, 16:55   #79
BHPian

re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

Any decent mechanic in Pune? A friend has the Fabia and she is fed up of the service centre here. Any recommendations?
Old 6th January 2015, 01:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum View Post
Thanks Rajeev! Is this United Motors in Rajajinagar ? Pls pass the contacts , will try to take my car there for a check...

Thanks - my key question is - for the Turbo whistle ( highly audible at deceleration or braking when rpm drops ) some suggest servicing of the Turbo , others suggest replacement - as my car otherwise (touchwood!) is doing well I am a little confused... In any case Vinayaka guys will only do replacement of Turbo , probably Bosch also would only do replacement.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Dilip - I tried to PM you but the message is not going thorough. Mail me at Ganesh.rajeev@gmail.com and I shall reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 25th March 2015, 08:43   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Guys I have this guy I've used for about 10+yrs (from my Octavia in 2002 till I sold my Laura in 2013) he teamed up with two other guys from the erstwhile Silvertone motors and started their work independently and specialize in Skoda. This is in Delhi. They have almost every tool the workshop does and do the job at least 30-40 percent cheaper on most jobs. If any Skoda owner needs help, PM me would be glad to share the contacts and would highly recommend them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I am searching for good independent garage for my yeti. just sent you PM.
Looking for a garage in Delhi/Gurgaon who can help sort out a few niggles in my yeti, Abbey, did you try out this fellow?
Old 25th March 2015, 15:42   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
Looking for a garage in Delhi/Gurgaon who can help sort out a few niggles in my yeti, Abbey, did you try out this fellow?
Yes, but that was for brake pads. But he is pretty good. Infact he can do some of these things at your home/office (like brakepad change which doesn't require you to take cars in workshop). Let me know and i can share his contact
abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I have a 2007 Skoda Laura LnK Auto having run 110000 kms. I have been having the Turbo whistle issue since almost 8 months now , though my mileage is good and car is overall doing good. I do all repairs and service at Vinayak Motors Bangalore , and they suggested I replace Turbo and intercooler - costing about 1.7 Lakhs. Heard that there are a few workshops who fix this issue in Bangalore - any recommendations ? I live off old airport road in Bangalore. Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks

Dilip
If its a whistle noise when accelerating,then it could be the intercooler only. My Octavia has a similar noise and its the intercooler. You can contact Ganesh,been going to him for the last 4 years he's knowledgeable and honest.
Call him on 9448911455 and say Shashank in vijayanagar referred.

If you stayed close-by would've recommended another garage run by ex-tafe guys. They are superb as well.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 01:51   #84

Quote:

Hi Dilip,

Did you use the services of United Motors?
How did you find their services to be?
I have recently bought a used Skoda Laura L&K DSG and looking for a good service center to do a comprehensive checkup.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:25   #85
BHPian

I have been taking my Yeti to Raghav of Ignite in ECR, after my miserable experiences with Gurudev Motors during warranty. I am completely satisfied for the following reasons.

1. You can talk to him and ask questions and get direct answers.
2. He does not ask you to change parts at the drop of the hat.
3. When I did my 60k service with him, changing the belts etc., the car was at his place for 2 nights.
4. I had an issue with the front right ABS sensor - the warning lamp used to come on erratically. He got a replacement, which did not solve the problem and so he took it back without charge. I imported one directly from UK and that also did not solve the issue. The warning lamp came on even as I left the garage - but after a while that problem has not recurred for over 2000kms. (Even earlier it used to light up in city driving but suddenly go away in the highways! though even there, it might occasionally come on!)
5. I drove through some standing water last year, inside the city, and after that incident, my panel would light up like a Christmas tree, at random. All kinds of warning lamps will come one and go, incl. Power Steering, Glow Plug etc. and of course ABS. At times the speedo will start working. Again this was intermittent. Raghav warned me that I might have to change the wiring harness and that it was pricey. However, during the 60k service, he said he would try cleaning every sensor contact possible. He did and since then I have had no recurrence of the problem.
6. After the first service he did for me at 40k (I service my car with him every 10k instead of 15k) I was driving some friends in my car and one asked me whether I had serviced my car recently. He said it was very noticeably smoother.

I do understand the problems that I might have difficulty procuring a spare occasionally, if at all, and that I might not get all my software updates. But I would much rather go to someone who talks and explains, who is passionate about what he does, and who will show me the readings on the laptop and explain all the messages, if asked, rather than to a place where they take my car behind some door marked "No Entry" and come and tell me that they have referred to Skoda and will come back to me later!

This is not meant to be an unqualified eulogy, nor even a recommendation, of Raghav (I am sure he has his share of detractors!) but rather a record of my experiences.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2015, 11:54   #86

Duke,
Can you provide the details of the service guy in delhinfrom whom you were getting your skoda serviced.

I need to get the following done:
1. Rear a/c vents repaired as air isn't flowing through them.
2. Front shocks and suspension
3. Brakes
4. Headlights repaired
5. Rear inside door handles as the current ones melted during the summer which I was quite surprised.
6. Stereo Bluetooth activated since my superb is a 2009 model in which it didn't come activated from factory.
In case you don't want to post it publicly as I saw in a previous thread you had mentioned PM which I am unable to do, you can send the details on vivek_sharma20@yahoo.com
Old 10th July 2015, 10:31   #87

Quote:
Yes, but that was for brake pads. But he is pretty good. Infact he can do some of these things at your home/office (like brakepad change which doesn't require you to take cars in workshop). Let me know and i can share his contact
Hi abbey4u

Please share the Skoda guy contact as my friend is using Octy Vrs and is looking for cheaper and reliable options for maintenance. Even I am planning to buy a SKoda
I cant PM you(dunno why) please send it on my email ask_connect@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
Old 10th July 2015, 12:24   #88
BHPian

Putting his number here. His name is aman. Tell him my ref Gyanendra yeti owner from ghaziabad. +919910798303
Old 11th July 2015, 05:00   #89
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Putting his number here. His name is aman. Tell him my ref Gyanendra yeti owner from ghaziabad. +919910798303

Where exactly is his workshop ? Sorry if I have missed your earlier post.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:42   #90
BHPian

What's the best place to get a 2007 Laura 1.9PD M/T serviced (90k km) in Bangalore?

Most Viewed