Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:35   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Non-Dealer Service Centers

@abhjain: Their website has a lot of information - browse through?

I've sent them a lagre-ish email just now with a few questions given the cars I own and the problems I have and how they'd approach it. Sharad's post prompted me to take a serious look at them.
Old 14th July 2016, 21:46   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@abhjain: Their website has a lot of information - browse through?

I've sent them a lagre-ish email just now with a few questions given the cars I own and the problems I have and how they'd approach it. Sharad's post prompted me to take a serious look at them.
nareshov, how was your experience? Did they get back to you?

Sharad
Old 15th July 2016, 20:52   #108
BHPian

@sdmn: My experience has been good. They got back to me with a few phone calls and I subscribed to their silver plan for the year. I was waiting for part 2 of the service to write this up, but here it goes anyway:

I got the Laura checked by them for the following problems:
1. CV boot / driveshaft noise when taking turns and accelerating.
2. bell-like sound whenever car goes over bumps at slow speeds.
3. insufficient brake bite

They suggested that the best place for the VAG cars are at the authorised service centres due to the required equipments (special tools) and OE spares availability. I trusted them with that and the car made a visit to TAFE centre at Hosur road area.

After a general check up, it was found that:
1. the CV boot needed to be replaced
2. the front strut mounts and bushings (rubber+metal) needed to be replaced
3. tie-rods needed to be replaced

The latter two replacements were done in a matter of two-three days, and the car was returned to me because the only CV boot spare got damaged while trying to fit on my car ( - part 1). They've back ordered the part and I'm awaiting a call from them once the part arrives to get that fixed ( - part 2).

Observations about the extent to which the problems are solved:
1. CV boot noise when steering and accelerating has come but isn't zero. Once the CV boot is replaced, I expect it to be solved.
2. The bell noise has completely disappeared. Nobody else before were able to diagnose / fix this.
3. The old tie-rods which were probably replaced at United Motors Bosch (Rajajinagar) or earlier were not OE and weren't functioning properly.
4. The brake-bite issue has no answers yet. I'm suspecting it's probably because of the Bosch-make rear pads plus rotors combo which I think should be avoided. I won't (can't) drive this car like the TJet so I won't pursue this any further for the time being.

I've got a couple of feedback calls on the work so far and I've conveyed my satisfaction and gain in trust to hand over my future service needs to them. I have a Linea TJet which is pending a 60k km service in the next few weeks which I'm holding on to until the Laura issue is completely fixed.

What I've learnt from the experience so far is:
1. It's nice to have a consultant type of person (the SA who picked up the car was working at a VW centre) who's - presumably - working towards the interest of your car.
2. that VAG cars are better off at the authorised centres.
3. that dealing with authorised centres is not everybody's cup of tea (or forte), so let the WW SA deal with it.
4. helpful in saving a lot of time and energy by not having to visit any of these service centres myself.
5. that the WW SA are able to get the right subset of parts replaced rather than have whole units be replaced at enormous costs.

For these five reasons I (personally) see value in parting away with 5k per annum and I'm very happy that such a service exists in this city where ethics and integrity in the service sector is a rare sight to experience.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 00:36   #109
BHPian

Guys, does anyone know of a good non A.S.S. Skoda mechanic/garage in Delhi (or NCR)? I picked up a pre-owned Laura TSI, and am facing a huge number of issues. Have already spent a ton of money but issues are just not getting resolved.
help!
Old 25th October 2016, 10:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
For the Skoda ,do these guys manage to reset the service indicator or we have to live with it blinking ?
I know this is an old post and since no one has posted the answers, I thought will share this.

One less reason to go to the Skoda ASC and get looted by them.

I recently got a Octavia MK1 1.8T and I did the front dampers changed, all brake pads replaced at 1/3rd the cost of what the ASC had quoted.

Just to give you a sample of their ludicrous pricing, I was charged Rs.3200 labour for getting engine oil/ oil filter/ fuel filter and air filter replaced.

With Briskoda.net and most replacement procedures detailed on Youtube, I think I'm good with FNG where I can see in front of my eyes what is happening.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:43   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum View Post
Hi,

I have a similar Laura in Bangalore that has clocked 1.24 Lakh km. Till this year I used to get my car serviced at ASS. This time I tried an online service aggregator called Pitstop who referred me to a service station off Old Madras Road - Called Force Garage or so off Old Madras Road. The owner Mahesh seems to be a knowledgeable person. However for critical issues I am not sure how he is. For AC there is a very reliable guy near Sony world Koramangala - he will fix Laura AC issues better than the ASS :-). As you may have seen United Motors Bosch in North Bangalore is equally good. Good luck!

I still recommend for the DSG , Turbo/Inter cooler etc better you take to the ASS. Did not know that Pete's may service Laura , has anybody done this ?

hi dilip,

Can you please share the AC repair guy details near Sony world signal?
I am facing some issues in my CAR's AC.

Thanks,
MAdhusudan
Old 25th October 2016, 11:57   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
hi dilip,

Can you please share the AC repair guy details near Sony world signal?
I am facing some issues in my CAR's AC.

Thanks,
MAdhusudan
Aditya Car AC, owner is Mr. Pradeep ( 9845059625).

I had an issue with my Laura's AC and Aditya AC quoted 35k for compressor, I sourced it myself for 20k, Delphi brand i guess. It is working perfectly from last 15 months without any issues.

What is the issue with your car's AC?
stable rock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:01   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Aditya Car AC, owner is Mr. Pradeep ( 9845059625).

I had an issue with my Laura's AC and Aditya AC quoted 35k for compressor, I sourced it myself for 20k, Delphi brand i guess. It is working perfectly from last 15 months without any issues.

What is the issue with your car's AC?
It has stopped cooling. BUt the fan is working fine and the I checked the pressure too. Both are good.
Where did you source the compressor from? CAn you share those details too?
And how much did he charge to fit that?
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:32   #114
BHPian

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a reliable Skoda mechanic/workshop in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar?
I moved from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and am my L&K 1.9 needs a doctor. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 2nd February 2018, 00:10   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Guys I have this guy I've used for about 10+yrs (from my Octavia in 2002 till I sold my Laura in 2013) he teamed up with two other guys from the erstwhile Silvertone motors and started their work independently and specialize in Skoda. This is in Delhi. They have almost every tool the workshop does and do the job at least 30-40 percent cheaper on most jobs. If any Skoda owner needs help, PM me would be glad to share the contacts and would highly recommend them.

Duke - Can you please share the contact details of your guy still does Skoda repairs? I have a Skoda Rapid 1.6TDI and need some work on front suspension. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2018, 13:23   #116
BHPian

Any updated recommendations towards non-dealer service centers for Laura in Bangalore? Would need help with not just the regular service but replacing a few parts. Thanks.
Old 16th September 2018, 12:13   #117
BHPian

Recently I got turbo rebuild and timing kit replaced for my Skoda Laura from a independent garage near Sarakki signal.
You can contact Venkatesh. I will ping his contact details to you.

Regards
Madhusudan

Last edited by abhayankara : 16th September 2018 at 12:16. Reason: Updated text
Old 18th September 2018, 13:35   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Any updated recommendations towards non-dealer service centers for Laura in Bangalore? Would need help with not just the regular service but replacing a few parts. Thanks.
HI Vinjosep, there is a friend of mine who runs a multi-brand service center in JP Nagar 2nd Phase. He has been around for about 25 years now and is known for his quality and no-nonsense work ethics. He does a lot of Mercedes, BMWs, VWs, and not to forget the SKodas.
If you are interested then PM me and will share the details with you. Cheers
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 11:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
Recently I got turbo rebuild and timing kit replaced for my Skoda Laura from a independent garage near Sarakki signal.
You can contact Venkatesh. I will ping his contact details to you.

Regards
Madhusudan
Hello Buddy,

Can you please share the garage name contact details?

My Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI need a doctor. I am struggling to get a competent mechanic in and around Kanakapura Road.

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th December 2018, 20:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
HI Vinjosep, there is a friend of mine who runs a multi-brand service center in JP Nagar 2nd Phase. He has been around for about 25 years now and is known for his quality and no-nonsense work ethics. He does a lot of Mercedes, BMWs, VWs, and not to forget the SKodas.
If you are interested then PM me and will share the details with you. Cheers

Thanks mate for the lead to Mr. Anil @ Chowdary's Car Clinic, JP Nagar. He is pretty competent and the main advantage is his team. Their approach to problem diagnosis is too good and also explains with patience.

Yesterday I made a visit for my Skoda Rapid suspension issue, which has been resolved pretty quickly. I will definitely go to him for my car's next service.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks